maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

On 02/09/2018 at 23:33, The Unknown Man said:

Tina Grimmie, the mother of the late 'The Voice' season 6 contestant Christina Grimmie, has died after a long battle with breast cancer.

You may recall the gay nightclub got shot up in Orlando the same day Grimmie was murdered by a ‘fan’.  I created this gem:

D3D0F982-4793-4EAD-B559-34869BA01AD0.jpeg

Longtime Mastodon manager Nick John has died of pancreatic cancer. 

13 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Longtime Mastodon manager Nick John has died of pancreatic cancer. 

Well, that one lasted for about 5 days...

• Like 1

Ben Selecman, son-in-law of country music artist Alan Jackson, has died following a boating accident in early September. Selecman was 28 years old and married to Jackson's daughter Mattie.

Selecmen died on Wednesday (Sept. 12).  He was the assistant district attorney in Davidson County, TN.
SC

For anyone who could use that: Esai Morales, who played Ritchie Valens' brother in La Bamba is gravely ill:

https://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/archives/2018/09/14/la-bamba-actor-asks-for-prayers-for-ritchie-valens-older-brother-who-is-clinging-to-life

He was also in NYPD Blue and Caprica:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esai_Morales

Edit: Actually kind of silly to post it in this thread, because only the role was a brother, not the person...

58 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Beverly Bentley, the former wife of Norman Mailer, has died at age 88.  Bentley also had a sporadic acting career with about 15 credits.

https://t2conline.com/beverly-bentley-mailer-saw-it-all-my-dear-from-the-beginning-of-tv-to-miles-davis-and-through-norman-mailer/

Leaves singer Carol Stevens as the only survivor of Mailer's 6 wives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

For anyone who could use that: Esai Morales, who played Ritchie Valens' brother in La Bamba is gravely ill:

https://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/archives/2018/09/14/la-bamba-actor-asks-for-prayers-for-ritchie-valens-older-brother-who-is-clinging-to-life

Edit: Actually kind of silly to post it in this thread, because only the role was a brother, not the person...

It's a bit confusing.  Esai Morales is not ill,  he is calling for prayers for Bob Morales ( no relation ) who apparently is quite sick. Esai played Bob in a movie about Ritchie Valens.  Bob is Ritchie's older brother. Yeah?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

It's a bit confusing.  Esai Morales is not ill,  he is calling for prayers for Bob Morales ( no relation ) who apparently is quite sick. Esai played Bob in a movie about Ritchie Valens.  Bob is Ritchie's older brother. Yeah?

You're right - and there's even no relation, ha!

• Like 1

Gospel music artist Kirk Franklin just met his real father (he was adopted at 4 yrs old), who contacted him after being given 3-6 months to live.  
“So…..Two days ago, I received an anonymous call that my biological father, who I never knew, has 3-6 months to live. I’ve lived my entire life hating this man. He and my biological mother gave me up for adoption, and it left me never feeling good enough….to this very day.  

I took my hate for him and used it as fuel to be the best father I could be for my own. But what I did wrong, is I never took that fuel, and turn it into forgiveness….and that is wrong. Wrong for him, me, and the God I proclaim to represent.

How can I preach what I don’t practice. So I flew to Houston yesterday to do that. It’s painful, it’s a process, but how disappointed I would be in myself for this man to leave this earth without being forgiven. He deserves to receive what God gives me everyday. Pray for him, and for me. God this is hard…I weep as I write.”
SC

On 15/09/2018 at 16:13, gcreptile said:

And now dead.

Was considering Bob Morales for one of my theme teams next year,surprised he hadn't died years earlier.

17 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

La Muerta

On Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 18:14, Skinny kiltrunner said:

That would be really weird if they both died around the same time

32 minutes ago, Phantom said:

That would be really weird if they both died around the same time

What's his face and what's his face #2  kinda weird ?

The Canadian tribute band singer of the singer both with same cancer this year?

6 minutes ago, charon said:

Gord Downie of Tragically Hip and his tribute act Darren Sawchuk.

Downie got obits across the board here as Hip were one of those cult overseas acts (obv fucking massive in Canada though).

Sawchuk got fuck all. Because he wasn't.

(Also because the idiot died in February...)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, charon said:

Yep, that sort of thing.

• Like 1

That's the pair.

I felt Sawchuck wouldn't obit if he died first, but would if second.

Thin lines for pooling.

Sandra Bullock’s father, John W. Bullock, died on Tuesday, September 18. He was 93.

I'm here if she needs comforting.

SC

• Like 1

A driver of former prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf was sent to jail on Sunday after he had run over a motorcyclist on the Islamabad Expressway a day before.

Abid Nawaz, the driver, had been driving a government-owned land cruiser allotted to the former premier when he struck a police constable who was riding a motorbike near Zero Point on Saturday afternoon.

SC