maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

31 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Richard Wagner's last grandchild, Verena Lafferentz-Wagner, has died at 98:

https://slippedisc.com/2019/04/wagners-last-grandchild-has-died/

Married an SS guy - was a frequent guest at Bayreuth.

I'm assuming she was the last person alleged to have been one of Hitler's lovers still alive?

19 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I'm assuming she was the last person alleged to have been one of Hitler's lovers still alive?

I assume so. Didn't even know that one, I have to admit.

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I assume so. Didn't even know that one, I have to admit.

I would assume she may even be one of the last individuals to of even personally knew Hitler.

2 hours ago, mollyafox said:

Stefanie Sherk, wife of Oscar nominated actor Demián Bichir, has died of an apparent suicide by drowning at age 43. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6960423/Stefanie-Sherk-bottom-pool-death-probed-possible-suicide.html

Didn't know a sherk could drown.

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 10:36, Phantom said:

Judy Yates, mother-in-law to Dick Dale has entered hospice care.

It's been a crap year for Lana Dale.

First her husband, now she's about to lose her mum.

Judy Yates passed away early this morning. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/04/30/lauren-braxton-lolo-dead-dies-maryland-toni-niece-father-michael/

The niece of american singer Toni Braxton dies suddenly aged 24 from what is thought to be a heart condition. 

They were meant to un-break her heart!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fatal-overdose-theresa-mays-niece-14904692

Theresa May has revealed that part of the reason why she is so keen to improve mental health provision is because of a family tragedy she has never spoken about before. Her niece committed suicide in her twenties in 2013.

If I was related to May, I'd have topped myself too.

Remember, this keenness to improve mental health provision has been going on since Norman Lamb and Vince Cable were in the Coalition and they, not May or Cameron, were the ones pushing it.

And still we wait...probably for some US private health care conglomerate to provide it.....:banghead:

Remember when Cameron's disabled son died? Just about the point that particular millionaire ceased claiming benefits for the disabled was exactly the point when disabled provision was cut and people started losing their Motability cars. That's the measure of a Tory...

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Toni Braxton's confirmed that her niece Lauren "LoLo" Braxton died Monday in Maryland. "We ask that you respect the family’s privacy in their time of sadness and loss," the Braxton family said in a statement. 

Lauren is the daughter of Braxton's only brother, Michael Braxton Jr. 

SC

Russell T Davies has this week publicly mentioned the death of his husband (about 18 paragraphs down), former DDP pick Andrew Smith.

Smith actually died in late September, but the press chose not to run with it at the time out of respect for his family. I knew about it at the time but elected to wait till public acknowledgement to bring it up for LOTL etc.

• Thanks 1

Denis Law’s older brother Joe has died he was 87.

Accidental find: Johnny Rotten's wife Nora Forster battles Alzheimer's and can't deal with all the homeless people at their Venice Beach mansion anymore:

https://www.newsmax.com/reagan/johnny-rotten-california-homeless/2019/04/30/id/913913/

Edit: Hmm, the knowledge was already out there for quite a bit. "Mid stages" in 2018.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/tributes-everton-fan-who-died-16296068

Very much on the fringes of the world of fame but the Liverpool Echo has reported that a close friend of the Stone Roses Ian Brown has sadly died as  a result of a suspected heart attack during a charity football match raising money for cancer.

The Grandad of Cricketer Joe Root has died reports Stephan Shemilt of BBC sport when explaining why Root is wearing a black armband while playing today,

Whilst listening to Broadcasting House yesterday morning former Blue Peter presenter Janet Ellis  revealed that her husband John Leech was being treated for a stage 2 cancer. Not sure he would obit as he is her second husband and not the father of Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Whilst listening to Broadcasting House yesterday morning former Blue Peter presenter Janet Ellis  revealed that her husband John Leech was being treated for a stage 2 cancer. Not sure he would obit as he is her second husband and not the father of Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

Might still do being her step dad and Janet's husband.

• Like 1