maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

12 hours ago, Toast said:

No, I think it was somebody with a showbiz background, and I'm sure it was no more than five years ago. 

I'm allowing for time always passing quicker than I think, so probably less.

I'm getting the same kinda memories. Son of a famous (must have been an actress), who had a fractious personal life, may have been a gay icon? Son was really close to her.

50 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Was it Kate O'Mara's son? He offed himself in 2013.

No, it was somebody in a very similar position to Jason Lake.  Parents dead, and one had committed suicide.  I think.

I really would have bet my house on JL offing himself a few years back.

Matthew Knowles, the father of Beyoncé has breast cancer

Mel B's great-gran Celian Powell, who was believed to be the oldest person in Saint Kitts and Nevis, dead at 107.

Dr. Benjamin Emanuel, the Jerusalem-born pediatrician who served as the patriarch of a prominent family that turned out a Hollywood entertainment mogul, one of the nation’s leading bioethicists and a famous political operative who would become Chicago’s first Jewish mayor (Rahm), died Thursday. He was 92.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-benjamin-emanuel-obituary-20191003-2dhg3bhw4jbabjfj6wvjrgjeb4-story.html

(PS embed link button didn’t work for some reason)

SC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

For your bottom of the barrel:

The cancer of Maria Menounos' mother is back:

https://greekcitytimes.com/2019/10/08/greek-american-presenter-maria-menounos-reveals-mums-brain-tumour/

I fucking resent that.  I had her in DDP last year and it was a great pick (apart from her living and all).  She is/was a sneaky name and an absolute obit.  Maybe you need to take a page from the Spade Cooley notebook, she is PRECISELY the name you want, the top of the barrel.  
(See also: Gabrielle D'Allonches).  
SirC

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Maybe you need to take a page from the Spade Cooley notebook, she is PRECISELY the name you want, the top of the barrel.  
(See also: Gabrielle D'Allonches).  

I wouldn’t necessarily call them top of the barrel names if (afaik) D’Allonches is still alive...

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Did anyone have any plans to pick Robin Bailey’s husband Seán Pickwell in the DDP? Well, those plans can no longer happen.

...yes :unsure:

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ron Ely's wife is killed and murder suspect shot dead: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7579209/Deputies-shot-dead-suspect-killed-elderly-woman-home-Tarzan-actor-Ron-Ely.html

DDP Pick Ron is safe though.

1,  I'll assume you read em as you post em.  Or maybe I shouldn't
"Former Miss Florida Valerie Lundeen was found stabbed to death..."  
She has an appropriate thread and was valid in her own right.
And oh look, her name is searchable now.  *eyeroll*

2. Valerie?  Shouldn't it be Jane? 

3. "... no gibbons were involved.  And now the news for wombats." 

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

1,  I'll assume you read em as you post em.  Or maybe I shouldn't
"Former Miss Florida Valerie Lundeen was found stabbed to death..."  
She has an appropriate thread and was valid in her own right.
And oh look, her name is searchable now.  *eyeroll*

2. Valerie?  Shouldn't it be Jane? 

3. "... no gibbons were involved.  And now the news for wombats." 

Oh look she still isn't in the thread you want her in because you couldn't be arsed cross-posting in amongst your criticism.

Valid here, and still technically correct here anaw.

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ron Ely's wife is killed and murder suspect shot dead: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7579209/Deputies-shot-dead-suspect-killed-elderly-woman-home-Tarzan-actor-Ron-Ely.html

The murder suspect who was shot dead is the couple's son, Cameron. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tarzan-star-ron-elys-wife-allegedly-stabbed-to-death-by-their-30-yearold-son-police-230518706.html

The BBC report mentions that Ron is now disabled. (Not through the shooting but was already disabled). So losing a wife and son can't help any. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mollyafox said:

If I picked someone in DDP, and they were in a room and everyone in the room got killed except my DDP pick, I'd be melancholy.
SC

• Like 1

19 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Yes, as a long-standing member of team 'goodnight from me, etc', Ron has become increasingly bullet-proof over the years.

He'll probably outlive his daughters, Such is life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

The BBC report mentions that Ron is now disabled. (Not through the shooting but was already disabled). So losing a wife and son can't help any. 

It's actually weirder than that because the emergency call was from one of the kids saying his dad had tried to kill his mum (i.e. suggesting Ron did the assaulting), the cops shot someone else. Either way, lurid enough to provide form spotting opportunities and a timely reminder Ron Ely is still with us

• Like 1