maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Husband of Mary Glindon MP has incurable cancer.

Ray Glindon, North Tyneside, he's one of the current council "bosses" there. BBC Local pages QO cert.

That is if that post isn't postmortem...

• Like 1

Truett McKeehan — son of famed Christian musician TobyMac — died this week at home in Nashville, Tennessee.

While reports are still early, the Nashville Tennessean confirmed the 21-year-old’s death via the Davidson County Medical Examiner’s office and a celebrity representative.

SC

23 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Husband of Mary Glindon MP has incurable cancer.

Hmm, so local paper (low hanger dead pool scores) assured, then. Good spot

Fan social media groups (example below) claiming Pauline Sutcliffe has died. Sister of former Beatle Stuart Sutcliffe, she was the source of many of the scurrilous rumours about Stu and John Lennon, and wrote a controversial book on her brother.

• Sad 1

Not exactly world-shaking, but I read this interview with 90-year old architect Frank Gehry, and he says that his mother still alive ?!:
https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/making-better-mud-pies-a-conversation-with-frank-gehry/

Wikipedia says Sadie Thelma is her name, but I have no age. 

15 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Not exactly world-shaking, but I read this interview with 90-year old architect Frank Gehry, and he says that his mother still alive ?!:
https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/making-better-mud-pies-a-conversation-with-frank-gehry/

Wikipedia says Sadie Thelma is her name, but I have no age. 

The article says their interview took place in 1991, so I think maybe you didn't see the year properly, thus thinking the interview took place recently. However, there are a few 90-year-olds who have a living parent.

1 hour ago, The Red Death said:

The article says their interview took place in 1991, so I think maybe you didn't see the year properly, thus thinking the interview took place recently. However, there are a few 90-year-olds who have a living parent.

Ouch... you're right on both counts, missed that, thanks!

• Like 1

Peter Morton's (founder of the hard rock Cafe chain) son Harry Morton has died at 38.  Ex boyfriend of Lindsay lohan and founder of pink taco. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7720671/Pink-Taco-founder-Lindsay-Lohans-ex-Harry-Morton-dead-aged-just-38.html

51 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Peter Morton's (founder of the hard rock Cafe chain) son Harry Morton has died at 38.  Ex boyfriend of Lindsay lohan and founder of pink taco. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7720671/Pink-Taco-founder-Lindsay-Lohans-ex-Harry-Morton-dead-aged-just-38.html

What is 'pink taco'? (Obviously, I'm not going to google it).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, time said:

What is 'pink taco'? (Obviously, I'm not going to google it).

I got Mexican women legs akimbo. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I got Mexican women legs akimbo. 

About 20 years ago, in what can only be described as the early, unsophisticated days of the web, there was a TV programme called Black Box (about airplane crashes and the subsequent investigation, hence the title).

Wanting to know what time it was on, I googled it at work! It was educational...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Hilary Watson, the wife of the great golfer Tom Watson, has died after a battle with pancreatic cancer.  She was 63. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2019/11/28/tom-watson-wife-hilary-watson-dies-pancreatic-cancer-63/4326034002/

Jesus here we go.... sure thing names X off list.  
Though she IS a decent litmus test on how shite your UK press is.  If the wife of Tom Watson doesn't QO by all means UK press can go fuck itself silly after covering the cancer of some football hack's wife (i.e. Tiffany Young).  
Kudos to The Scotsman (lol) but that to be expected.
SC

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Though she IS a decent litmus test on how your UK press concerns itself primarily with UK news shocker

• Like 1

Striker Benik Afobe has confirmed the tragic news that his daughter, Amora, has passed away aged just two.  :(  Amora is understood to have contracted a severe infections.

Afobe has played for a number of Premier League clubs, including Bournemouth and Wolves.  The 26-year-old is currently on loan with Bristol City in the Championship from parent club Stoke.
SC

James Blunt's dad is in need of a kidney transplant - donors have offered themselves but it remains to be seen how suitable they are.

Apparently, eternal tease and very marginal "celebrity" Angie Douthit is now in hospital because of her cancer, but it's behind a paywall.