maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

3 hours ago, adrian0719 said:

Celine Dion's mother, "Maman Dion", dead at 92.

So close to being obscure. Alas, she pooped out a 14th (!) child, Celine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

So close to being obscure. Alas, she pooped out a 14th (!) child, Celine.

She had her own tv show, although having Celine as a child helped somewhat

Father of late Metallica bassist Cliff Burton, Ray Burton has passed away aged 94 of pneumonia.

• Like 1

.. updated already

6 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Father of late Metallica bassist Cliff Burton, Ray Burton has passed away aged 94 of pneumonia.

Just from the photo's you can see how much he will be missed. Nice tribute.

Former Californian democratic congresswoman Katie Hill, who resigned last year after a scandal, has announced that her brother has sadly died. 

Conservative MP and former cabinet minister James Brokenshire has announced that his 90 year old mother has sadly passed away. 

• Sad 1

On 24/10/2019 at 10:48, Sir Creep said:

Truett McKeehan — son of famed Christian musician TobyMac — died this week at home in Nashville, Tennessee.

While reports are still early, the Nashville Tennessean confirmed the 21-year-old’s death via the Davidson County Medical Examiner’s office and a celebrity representative.

SC

Truett McKeehan cause of death was accidental overdose of fentanyl and amphetamines.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/entertainment/tobymac-son-truett-overdose-trnd/index.html

^^^ She may not be ‘household name famous’ for her singing but seems wrong-un to disrespect her to this thread.  Still should be pop music thread.

**descends soap box

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

^^^ She may not be ‘household name famous’ for her singing but seems wrong-un to disrespect her to this thread.  Still should be pop music thread.

**descends soap box

Oh you certainly make a good point, although no disrespect was intended but I had a dilemma as I can also envisage some people possibly nitpicking if I had off put her in the pop music thread arguing that backing singers do not belong here. I am afraid It is an ironic  unintended side effect of people being so  over the top, anal, hectoring and nitpicking over what goes in what thread that actually MORE 'mistakes' or misjudgment in some eyes will happen. Counterproductive is the word I believe.

Anyway very sad news and so young.Im sure Adele would have wanted to include her in future tours especially as a new album is imminent. 

Apparently Eminems  personal bodyguard CeeAaqil Allah Barnes  has recently died and received a dedication on the american rappers new album.

Reddit's frontpage also mentioning that Stephanie, girlfriend of Twitch star (?) Alec Ludford has died:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/eubizx/stephanie_alec_ludfords_girlfriend_has_passed/

Not my field of expertise but notable in their field, I guess...

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Reddit's frontpage also mentioning that Stephanie, girlfriend of Twitch star (?) Alec Ludford has died:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/eubizx/stephanie_alec_ludfords_girlfriend_has_passed/

Not a big name, but known in the community. Was pretty well covered in his streams that she was fighting cancer (leukemia?)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Notable in dingy basements across the world for sure.....

In general population not particularly.....