maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Dominican celebrity and COVID survivor Johnny Ventura's sister dead at 96.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2020 at 19:19, drol said:

88 and 90, with a history of heart disease, but Saira Banu is convinced they will recover. Immortality is a family thing apparently.

Aslam Khan, younger brother of Dilip Kumar, dead at 88 from COVID-19. 

https://www.indiatvnews.com/amp/entertainment/celebrities/breaking-news-aslam-khan-younger-brother-of-dilip-kumar-dies-covid19-lilavati-hospital-643675

• Like 1

No Mr. Bond, i expect your father to die... Daniel Craig's dad Tim has died aged 77.

(ETA. Could have gone with "No, Tim to Die") but didn't think of that one quick enough - though feel free to use it when I go).

50 minutes ago, time said:

No Mr. Bond, i expect your father to die... Daniel Craig's dad Tim has died aged 77.

(ETA. Could have gone with "No, Tim to Die") but didn't think of that one quick enough - though feel free to use it when I go).

If only it was directed by Spielberg!

1 hour ago, time said:

Dr No Pulse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Dr No Pulse

Liver Let Die

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You Only Die Once.

• Haha 1

Didn't die another day.

Anyhow, I've been distracted by a gobsmacking realisation that no one else cares about. But I'll hit you with it anyway. Remember Drop the Dead Donkey? One I really liked at the time (and tbh its late 90s repeats when I was able to get more of the jokes) was the one where George goes to find his daughter, only to find she's in the hands of this dodgy Fagan wannabe in a squat, whom he later threatens with a toasting fork and gets to do the Birdie Song. One of those rare episodes where George fucking stood up for himself. Anyhow, that yob was Daniel Craig!

I just saw that on his Wiki and thought "that can't be right" - goes to YouTube - fucking hell it is right. Incredible.

Right, as you were...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, msc said:

Didn't die another day.

Anyhow, I've been distracted by a gobsmacking realisation that no one else cares about. But I'll hit you with it anyway. Remember Drop the Dead Donkey? One I really liked at the time (and tbh its late 90s repeats when I was able to get more of the jokes) was the one where George goes to find his daughter, only to find she's in the hands of this dodgy Fagan wannabe in a squat, whom he later threatens with a toasting fork and gets to do the Birdie Song. One of those rare episodes where George fucking stood up for himself. Anyhow, that yob was Daniel Craig!

I just saw that on his Wiki and thought "that can't be right" - goes to YouTube - fucking hell it is right. Incredible.

Right, as you were...

Yes, that show was one of my favourites.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes, that show was one of my favourites.

I love drop the dead donkey. Got the whole lot on disk and still re-watch it from time to time.  Daniel Craig was probably less dangerous than Deborah to be fair.

23 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/arnold-spielberg-dead-dies-steven-spielberg-father-1234748936/

Arnold Spielberg  now officially  confirmed as dead and not just dead according to wikipedia!

Should probably be on the 'famous centenarian' thread although to be fair maybe he is more famous for being Steven Spielbergs dad than in his own right...

• Like 1

Discovered through YouTube comments on a rewatch: the guy mocked by Triumph the Comic Insult Dog as looking like he was "built in a laboratory from parts of lesser nerds" in the Attack of the Clones sketch, David Liebowitz, died last month.

On 09/08/2020 at 14:54, The Old Crem said:

Ben Stokes to miss the next two cricket tests for family reasons - I wonder if something has happened to Ged. He is flying out to NZ soon which means it's serious as entry even for citizens (Which Ben is) is restricted.

Ged Stokes has advanced cancer.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, drol said:

Ged Stokes has advanced cancer.

We’ve known this since before January.  I considered him for DDP then decided his chances to QO were nil.

On 10/12/2015 at 02:22, Sir Creep said:

As I said earlier, picking folks who will die is more important than those who will obit, cuz you know who won't obit? The living.

SC

Seems like someone forgot their mantra... 

He is a 100% QO guaranteed being the father of Ben Stokes. Usual Creepade à la Roger Scruton...

In a bad year for 80s pop stars' parents, Steve Norman's mother has died:

• Like 1

On 21/08/2020 at 08:20, drol said:

Eshan Khan now also dead it seems, though an English language article was published and withdrawn... :sherlock:

BTW, only for @The Red Death, he was 90.