maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Allan "father of some guy from Strictly" Jordan, who would have been a very common pick for this year's DDP under the old rules, has now died.

Dolly Parton's husband Carl Dean is someone to watch. From this rare public appearance from him it looks he is not in great shape at all, he also required an assistant to aid him with errands.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7849443/Dolly-Partons-reclusive-husband-five-decades-Carl-Dean-seen-time-40-YEARS.html

Dolly and Carl are very much in love and I can potentially see a Barbara Bush/George Bush situation happening here, one dies and the other dies a few months later indirectly from broken heart syndrome or whatever its called. Dolly is in extremely good health but you can never say after you become a widow.

2 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Dolly Parton's husband Carl Dean is someone to watch. From this rare public appearance from him it looks he is not in great shape at all, he also required an assistant to aid him with errands.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7849443/Dolly-Partons-reclusive-husband-five-decades-Carl-Dean-seen-time-40-YEARS.html

Dolly and Carl are very much in love and I can potentially see a Barbara Bush/George Bush situation happening here, one dies and the other dies a few months later indirectly from broken heart syndrome or whatever its called. Dolly is in extremely good health but you can never say after you become a widow.

Dolly Parton is married to a man?!

16 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Dolly Parton is married to a man?!

She won't be for much longer, From the pictures I cannot see this guy lasting for more then 3 years.

I'll avoid writing the first name because we might draw a little ranter fire but...

Discussion in today's Sun (y'know, the paper that used to be Britain's favourite) about the stage four pancreatic cancer being battled by Amir Khan's mum

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9408485/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Prince-Charless-stepson-left-devastated-death-girlfriend.html

Tom Parker  Bowles  son of Camilla  The Duchess of Cornwall and stepson of Prince Charles  is in mourning after  his girlfriend former journalist  Alice Procope  died aged 42 from cancer. 

On 22/03/2021 at 03:09, TheSpinosaurus said:

She won't be for much longer, From the pictures I cannot see this guy lasting for more then 3 years.

We must’ve been looking at different pictures. 

looks a bit dottery but not ill.

10 hours ago, arghton said:

https://www.iltalehti.fi/viihdeuutiset/a/83429cd5-3eea-4a79-8102-af639ace3179

Ski jump legend Matti Nykänen's 19-year old stepson Miska has been in ICU for three days.

Inflammation of the pancreas caused by Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.

For Fuxsake.

ADMINS!  Please!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sir Charms said:

For Fuxsake.

ADMINS!  Please!

Miska did live with Nykänen during his last years, was like a son to him and was in the same house when Nykänen died, so I'd say he's notable enough for a mention if he's in shitty condition in ICU at age 19

6 hours ago, Sir Charms said:

For Fuxsake.

ADMINS!  Please!

Look what thread you’re in. What did you expect? It’s bound to be full of fucking no-marks.

Very binnable, this thread.

22 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Look what thread you’re in. What did you expect? It’s bound to be full of fucking no-marks.

Very binnable, this thread.

Yeah, but...

Look at the q/o standards applying themselves to the DL Cup and the forthcoming MMMDP!

18 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, but...

Look at the q/o standards applying themselves to the DL Cup and the forthcoming MMMDP!

True. But that’s a rant for another day :D

34 minutes ago, The Red Death said:

Barack Obama's 99 year old Kenyan grandmother Granny Sarah, dead now: https://news.yahoo.com/barack-obamas-kenyan-grandmother-dies-094916618.html

She died that this thread might have legitimacy, or summat

Self-sacrifice of the highest order :D

• Like 2

A terrible  miss for the DL Committee .:P

I am of course joking but hey Bill Gates Dad made it on. I find it odd how she is referred to as Obama`s Grandmother when she is his step-grandmother.They did the same since 2008.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

I find it odd how she is referred to as Obama`s Grandmother when she is his step-grandmother.

She's his grandfather's wife.

I prefer to confine the "step" prefix to the most immediate family:  parent/child, and siblings.