maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Gilbert Hardy, the father of long-time pro wrestlers Matt and Jeff Hardy has died.

12 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Gilbert Hardy, the father of long-time pro wrestlers Matt and Jeff Hardy has died.

Their mum died when they were young (Jeff was 8 at the time) and Gilbert became a full time single parent and worked to raise both kids, then he took them to wrestling training, helped get them their breaks, and wound up looking after both after rehab stays at one point. 

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2020/01/cathy-crawford-lalonde-dead-daughter-of-joan-crawford-was-72-1202827851/

This information  is over a year old but I couldn't  find it on the forum when I did  a quick  search  so decided to share.

I was doing some research on Christina  Crawford , daughter of Hollywood legend Joan  Crawford,  who wrote  a famous  book about  her adoptive mother  called Mommie Dearest. 

In the course of this I found out that one of Joan  Crawfords other daughters Cathy Crawford  died in January last year aged 72.

This leaves Christina  Crawford  as the only surviving child  of Joan. Cindy Crawford,  twin of Cathy died in 2007  and brother Christopher Crawford died in in 2006.

Apologies if this was previously  posted. 

Molly Lillard, a standout University of Michigan volleyball player and daughter of New York Jets great Al Toon, was shot and killed by her husband in what police are calling an apparent murder-suicide.

Lillard (née Toon while at Michigan) was found with gunshot wounds in front of a house in Scottsdale, Arizona, around 5 p.m. on Sunday, police said. She was taken to the hospital and died of her injuries. Police identified her husband, 36-year-old Royce Lillard III, as the shooter and said they were unable to communicate with him upon arrival at the house.

SC

Alma Wahlberg, the matriarch of the Wahlberg family who was prominently featured on the reality show “Wahlburgers,” has died. She was 78.

Various members of the Wahlberg family, including Mark and Donnie, made the announcement on Sunday morning via social media.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/alma-wahlberg-dead-dies-wahlburgers-1234954288/

On 23/10/2019 at 16:56, msc said:

Ray Glindon, North Tyneside, he's one of the current council "bosses" there. BBC Local pages QO cert.

That is if that post isn't postmortem..

Has now died.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9497203/Agony-Trevor-Phillips-eldest-daughter-36-dies-22-year-battle-anorexia.html

Trevor Phillips,  a well known face to people who follow news and politics in the UK,  a  prominent public official and anti racism campaigner and commentator  He often distinctly swims  against the tide or rather ploughs his own distinct independent  minded path on some issues has suffered a family bereavement  as his eldest daughter dies aged 36 after suffering a long battle with anorexia. 

CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury said his elder son Ashish died of Covid-19 on Thursday morning. Ashish would have turned 35 on June 9.

SC

Ashley Cain of The Challenge announces that his 8-month old daughter has died after battling leukemia. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?n=chelsea-allyn-ladd&pid=198223830

Chelsea Ladd, granddaughter of late Hollywood actor Alan Ladd and daughter of Alan Ladd junior a successful Hollywood film producer , died in her sleep last month aged just  34.

Alan Ladd Jr has been a tempting pick for a year or two as he showed up on the BBC to talk about one of the new Star Wars films and looked like fucking shit.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, msc said:

Alan Ladd Jr has been a tempting pick for a year or two as he showed up on the BBC to talk about one of the new Star Wars films and looked like fucking shit.

I was actually  researching  him for the Windycity  deadpool and thats how I came across the sad news about  his daughter. He is now firmly  on my disorganised  informal A4  paper database  long list of names. 

Well-timed suggestion, as his daughter just released a documentary about the man.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Does it mention the chicken rumours?

Chicken rumours? Is this something of a saucey nature?!

Oh well, I don't know about that one. And it sounds like I am better of not knowing what that is about.

Spoiler

The Hollywood legend goes that Alan Ladd liked to gather a group of attractive women - some say hookers, some say just women who'd enjoy the activities. He'd then strip naked and someone would let a chicken loose in his house. The women would then circle Ladd and the poultry, chanting "you've simply got to fuck that chicken!" as he wrestled it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

Death notice in the Telegraph for Air Vice Marshal Donald Attlee, aged 98.

A highly decorated RAF veteran, fruit farmer, local councillor and the nephew of former British Prime Minister Clement Attlee (1883–1967).

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 11:32, gcreptile said:

Litsa Menounos, vanquisher of brain cancer, slayer of COVID, gets to go home:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIlpNxWpz91/

She's going to get 24hour come care, or something. But Maria is apparently optimistic enough to promise a daily web series, yadda yadda.... sounds like a lot of publicity whoring. Who knows how sick Litsa currently actually is.

Is this Litsa Menounos? https://theblast.com/6488773/maria-menounos-mother-dies-after-long-covid-battle

Article not mention by name, so guessing.

Edit: Ah it is: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/maria-menounos-mother-litsa-dies-203050311.html

• Like 1

On 02/05/2021 at 17:07, YoungWillz said:

I didn't have her in any pools (I hardly play in any), but I pat meself on the back for discovering her and bringing her here to DL.
SC

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/west-coast-architecture-legend-geoffrey-massey-dies-at-age-96

Arguably  this  should  also be in a thread that covers architects  too but I  decided  to post  here first. 

Whilst doing some casual googling  of the cast of 1947 Joan Crawford  film Possessed which I watched on DVD  tonight I found out that in December  Geoffrey  Massey,  son of  Hollywood golden age actor  Raymond Massey, died aged 96 in Vancouver  Canada. 

He was also in his own right a prominent  and influential architect  in Canada who worked with  Arthur Erickson. 

He was also the brother  of the late  actress and actor Anna Massey and Daniel Massey.

• Like 2