maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Joan Copeland, actress & former sister-in-law of Marilyn Munroe has died aged 99.

• Facepalm 3

8 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

Joan Copeland, actress & former sister-in-law of Marilyn Munroe has died aged 99.

Hardly "fringe of fame" she had roles in 17 films. 

US actress Joan Copeland dies aged 99 - BBC News

17 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

Be sure to post in this thread when the Queen dies; “Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor, former mother-in-law of Princess Diana, has died.”

• Haha 9

On 05/01/2022 at 12:18, TQR said:

Be sure to post in this thread when the Queen dies; “Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor, former mother-in-law of Princess Diana, has died.”

Is this selective rage; I seem to recall saying something similar when star comedian/personality and half of the very famous Stiller & Meara comedy duo, Anne Meara, died - only to have her obit posted on Fringes of Fame thread as ‘mother of Ben Stiller’.  Kindly place your faux complaint up your leather chaps.

SC

39 minutes ago, Sir Cunto said:

Is this selective rage; I seem to recall saying something similar when star comedian/personality and half of the very famous Stiller & Meara comedy duo, Anne Meara, died - only to have her obit posted on Fringes of Fame thread as ‘mother of Ben Stiller’.  Kindly place your faux complaint up your leather chaps.

SC

Anne Meara died a year and a half before I joined DL, hun.

On 10/12/2020 at 17:27, Lard Bazaar said:

Colin Baddiel’s been whipped to hospital according to David on Twitter, a complication with a catheter.  

Colin Baddiel has died, according to David.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Colin Baddiel has died, according to David.

Is Thatcher ill?

• Haha 3

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Is Thatcher ill?

I'm as shocked as anyone, tbh.

On 13/11/2021 at 12:12, mollyafox said:

Former American Idol contestant Chris Daughtry's 25 year-old daughter unexpectedly died. Daughtry is postponing his tour due to this. 

Hannah Price confirmed to have died by suicide.

https://people.com/music/chris-daughtrys-stepdaughter-hannah-price-died-by-suicide/

• Sad 3

Michael Madsen's son has died, like Regina King's son, by suicide at age 26. Quentin Tarantino was the son's godfather.

34 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

Michael Madsen's son has died, like Regina King's son, by suicide at age 26. Quentin Tarantino was the son's godfather.

I met Michael Madsen a couple of years ago. Despite his image he was a really nice down to earth guy

Thomas Hand Jr., 37, who considered himself a born-again Christian, was sharing information about Christianity in Montgomery (Alabama) on Saturday with his wife and toddler when a man – mumbling – walked up and shot him dead.

His wife, former Miss Mississippi Christine Kozlowski Hand, 33, confirmed the account.

SC

On 01/11/2020 at 20:28, Ulitzer95 said:

Good spot!

*Born Daisy Gwendoline Fuller in Romford, Essex in October 1919 according to records.
*Living according to all 5 family trees on Ancestry which include her (one profile of her updated as recent as September 2020)
*Based in Hereford, Herefordshire at the last publicly available census (2005)
*Searched the GRO for Daisy Fuller (maiden name)/Daisy Letts (married name). Nothing since 2005.

So all evidence would suggest, yes, Rose West's mum is still alive. :o

Now that the GRO Index has been updated, I can reveal that Rose West's mum, Daisy Letts née Fuller died in the third quarter of 2020, just short of 101 (2–3 months before my post above).

FULLER, DAISY  GWENDOLINE   1919  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q3/2020 in HEREFORDSHIRE  (511-1A)  Entry Number 521079681
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Dateline (Laughlin, AZ): Betty Laughlin, wife of Laughlin Township founder Don Laughlin, has died at the age of 89.

SC

• Like 1

Savaii Seau, the older brother of San Diego Chargers legend Junior Seau, died in a car crash this week, officials confirmed Wednesday.

The crash happened around 2:10 p.m. Tuesday, when the 56-year-old’s 2005 Audi A6 crashed head-on with a dump truck.

SC

Larry Holley's (Buddy Holly's older brother) son now saying on twitter that he's "doing pretty well now for his age" according to his doctor. 96, suffering from congestive heart failure and had a near-fatal bout of pneumonia in november.

Mandy Allwood, who achieved fame/notoriety in 1996 when she gave birth to octuplets - none of whom survived - has died aged 56.

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, time said:

Mandy Allwood, who achieved fame/notoriety in 1996 when she gave birth to octuplets - none of whom survived - has died aged 56.

What a thoroughly sad story from beginning to end. She made her own choices in life but a paupers grave with no-one at her funeral is so very tough to read.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

What a thoroughly sad story from beginning to end. She made her own choices in life but a paupers grave with no-one at her funeral is so very tough to read.

Yeah, the fact that she probably had to fight cancer without any care of her relatives or surroundings is heartbreaking…

12 hours ago, time said:

Christ that's a name I haven't heard... well, since 1996. Am I remembering rightly that Max Clifford was her PR guy and he leant on her to try and keep all eight babies rather than let some die to ease the burden on the rest?

32 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Christ that's a name I haven't heard... well, since 1996. Am I remembering rightly that Max Clifford was her PR guy and he leant on her to try and keep all eight babies rather than let some die to ease the burden on the rest?

Clifford was involved, as was the News of the World (see second link in my original post), but how much pressure he may have exerted we'll never know.