maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

On 09/06/2020 at 01:08, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Singer  and actress Kym Marsh best known for her former role as Michelle Connor in Coronation Street in mourning as her Uncle dies of coronavirus. 

Kym Marsh has revealed on It Takes Two that her father, David, has incurable cancer.

So here's my question for @Death Impends and @gcreptile. David Marsh was the lead guitarist in Ricky And The Dominant Four, a local Liverpool act that supported the Beatles at the Cavern Club. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/bbc-strictly-come-dancings-kym-25171764

So would he be a valid pick for DDP 2023? Asking for a friend...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Kym Marsh has revealed on It Takes Two that her father, David, has incurable cancer.

So here's my question for @Death Impends and @gcreptile. David Marsh was the lead guitarist in Ricky And The Dominant Four, a local Liverpool act that supported the Beatles at the Cavern Club. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/bbc-strictly-come-dancings-kym-25171764

So would he be a valid pick for DDP 2023? Asking for a friend...

He was ruled out this year. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

He was ruled out this year. 

Who picked him and where was he ruled out?

Did they release any singles or albums which failed to chart?

If so, I’d say he should be allowed. If not then no – he’s literally just some bloke who played in a local band.

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Did they release any singles or albums which failed to chart?

If so, I’d say he should be allowed. If not then no – he’s literally just some bloke who played in a local band.

Tbh, my friend held little hope out...:D

I had him under the 2022 DQ verdicts posted early this year:

On 16/01/2022 at 09:16, Death Impends said:

The DQ verdicts were all made, as hinted by Reptile in the DBN thread. As we're in the home stretch, and in interests of transparency, here's the poor nonentities you all tried to sneak past us this year:

*snip*

Dave Marsh - Member of a no-name 60s band who only got coverage as Kym's dying dad. Look if they're a 60s musician and I never heard of them...

*snip*

• Like 1

Another instance where our stricter policy saved a few teams from a dud. After all, he's still alive.

Yves Rimet, grandson of Jules, of the original FIFA world cup, reportedly dead aged 90.

Wrestling super fan and internet wrestling meme Todd Fulkerson has died.

• Like 2

It was reported earlier this week that Eamonn Holmes was not well enough to attend his mother's funeral after she recently died.

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It was reported earlier this week that Eamonn Holmes was not well enough to attend his mother's funeral after she recently died.

Glad that the funeral wasn't before she died.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, diego said:

Husband of Silvia Popovic, famous Brazilian presenter, dies at 78 after bone marrow transplant in July

Though it’s true that he did die after the transplant (I’d hope it wasn’t before; that’d make the transplant a bit of a waste of time), it was months after, rather than the implied event sequence of hospital-transplant-deceased. It’d be a bit like saying my grandad died this week after he fell arse over tit in the snow in 2010.

(Sorry Diego, this mini rant is not aimed at you at all; I appreciate English is not your first language and you are most likely using a translator, but this peculiar use of ‘after’ is a wider, seemingly growing problem. I blame journalists of The Sun standard.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Though it’s true that he did die after the transplant (I’d hope it wasn’t before; that’d make the transplant a bit of a waste of time), it was months after, rather than the implied event sequence of hospital-transplant-deceased. It’d be a bit like saying my grandad died this week after he fell arse over tit in the snow in 2010.

(Sorry Diego, this mini rant is not aimed at you at all; I appreciate English is not your first language and you are most likely using a translator, but this peculiar use of ‘after’ is a wider, seemingly growing problem. I blame journalists of The Sun standard.)

yes, it's true, I think the report meant the transplant didn't work, and that the body rejected it after a few months, but really, you are correct in what you said

Edward Minghella, dad of deceased Oscar Winner Anthony Minghella, screenwriter Dominic Minghella and jazz singer Edana Minghella (who died this year), still alive at 101.

And while i'm at it: Victor, the dad of José de Cauwer is still alive at 102. At 100 he was Belgiums oldest pigeon fancier, but since then he has quit. 

edit: found a pic from 2 years ago where Victor was handed a 100 year old pigeon gazette

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

• Like 3

In an interview with the wrestling press, AEW president Tony Khan, the son of billionaire Fulham FC/Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan, spoke about how his mother Anna Carlson Khan suffered a major stroke, her second in recent years, and required major surgery on her heart to prevent any further.