maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

5 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

I've always looked at the Widow Shopping thread as being more about a famous couple, with one surviving the other. Alicia Landry had no fame aside from who her spouse was. Hence, the Fringes of Fame thread.

Surely, if both halves of a couple are famous, it ill behoves us to relegate the surviving partner to being a mere widow(er).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time said:

Surely, if both halves of a couple are famous, it ill behoves us to relegate the surviving partner to being a mere widow(er).

It then becomes one of those deaths that can fit multiple threads. For instance, the UK Singles Chart thread is a popular one. But, surely, musical acts who've died also deserve to go into a more specific category and not just have their fame measured in how they did in Britain. So, the death can be acknowledged as both those of a known widow(er) who survived their spouse and whatever other more specific category in which they'd fit.

4 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

It then becomes one of those deaths that can fit multiple threads. For instance, the UK Singles Chart thread is a popular one. But, surely, musical acts who've died also deserve to go into a more specific category and not just have their fame measured in how they did in Britain. So, the death can be acknowledged as both those of a known widow(er) who survived their spouse and whatever other more specific category in which they'd fit.

I see what you're saying, but the widows thread is specifically for widow(er)s, where the late widow Landry fitted more specifically than here as mere 'family'; now had it been a Landry daughter that had died, she'd have fitted her perfectly!

2 minutes ago, time said:

I see what you're saying, but the widows thread is specifically for widow(er)s, where the late widow Landry fitted more specifically than here as mere 'family'; now had it been a Landry daughter that had died, she'd have fitted her perfectly!

Then I will revise my thought process and, if it best serves the category, I can post it there, regardless of the deceased's fame.

Merciful god. The amount of times we see this disagreement as to where the death should be reported. We’ve got hundreds of fucking threads. People are going to fall into multiple categories all the time.

If I had my way, there’d be a thread for “people who’ve died that no cunt has honestly heard of”, rendering this thread, many more besides and the arguments within them, utterly redundant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

If I had my way, there’d be a thread for “people who’ve died that no cunt has honestly heard of”, rendering this thread, many more besides and the arguments within them, utterly redundant.

Then you'd only invite more "You cannot be serious? This person is more famous than God" comments from other cunts.

You can't win, you fucking know you can't.

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Merciful god. The amount of times we see this disagreement as to where the death should be reported. We’ve got hundreds of fucking threads. People are going to fall into multiple categories all the time.

Yes, all well & good, but then we'd be reduced to arguing about who's death was more significant, Kobe or Connery, and nobody wants that.

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

C’mon man use the Widow Shopping thread thus isn’t your first frickin rodeo.

SC

You have serious OCD. Get it seen to.

Mimi Swift (neé Marion Fleming), the adopted daughter of Roy Rogers & dale Evans has died aged 80.

Born in an Edinburgh air-raid shelter in 1940, she lived in a succession of children's home; in 1954  Rogers & Evans 'discovered' her, invited her to holiday on their ranch, and later adopted her. Her story was the subject of a BBC Radio Scotland documentary a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

Maureen Lipman's other half Guido Castro has died aged 84. He had been suffered a bout of Covid, though that wasn't the (main) cause of death.

• Like 2

Tanya Tucker's brother Don  has died aged 76. He'd been 'battling dementia and Covid-19',

4 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Oprah Winfrey network show host Dr. Laura Berman has revealed her son Samuel Berman Chapman has died of a drug overdose. He was 16.

http://www.justjared.com/2021/02/08/own-tvs-dr-laura-berman-tragically-reveals-her-16-year-old-son-has-passed-away-from-drug-overdose/

Interesting result for a relationship therapist's child.