maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Gonna ask a lame, lame question that will probably involve heavy work for the mods: should this thread be split into "families of the famous" and "people who aren't famous that are having a Brave Battle Against Cancer"?

Not dead yet but Kim Falconer, the wife of UB40's Earl Falconer, is in a very critical condition after suffering a brain haemorrhage

maybe a bit too much red red wine?

• Like 1

Alice Pyne, young girl with terminal cancer who had a bucket list publicised a lot on Twitter and her blog, has sadly succumbed to her illness aged just 17.

Alice Pyne, young girl with terminal cancer who had a bucket list publicised a lot on Twitter and her blog, has sadly succumbed to her illness aged just 17.

That's so sad luckily she managed to achieve most of the things she wanted . But dying at 17 of cancer is heart breaking R.I.P Alice.

I'm doing this from my phone, not my PC, so I can't link to it but The Huffington Post has reported that Jo Bryant died last weekend.

I'm doing this from my phone, not my PC, so I can't link to it but The Huffington Post has reported that Jo Bryant died last weekend.

Link here.

Link here.

:mellow:

Still too late to make HuffPo.uk an acceptable obit source?

As it stands HuffPost was not added to the list as I didn't come to a final decision about it...

They'll likely do some attention seeking type thing at her funeral.

An obit will pop up sooner or later.

Gemma McLuskie's brother guilty of murder. Suicidal guilt feelings possible, but marginal.

You'd have to hope her final moments were more convincing that big Barry's gormless tumble down the hillside!

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21227557

Racist prune Strom Thurmond's black daughter, birthed from a relationship he had with a maid and not publicly known as his daughter till he was dead, is a goner at 87. Strom essentially makes for the race equivalent of those anti-gay politicos/preachers that happen to like it up the bum.

Jungleyes Love, the old-Harrovian hippie/eccentric has died aged 56.

Not even on the fringes of fame perhaps, but famous enough for a Daily Telegraph obit, which contains such gems as

at primary school, he questioned his orthodox Christian headmistress about why the school was not also worshipping the Devil

and

at Harrow, he contacted the Chinese Embassy and persuaded staff there to send 725 complimentary copies of Chairman Mao’s Little Red Book, which were promptly returned by the school authorities

The radio is reporting Oscar Pistorious is being questioned after his girlfriend is found dead with gunshot to the head.

Happy Valentines.

If full of remorse, could make the Bladerunner a candidate...............

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa...53#TWEET602054

Oscar Pistorius 'shoots girlfriend' - local media

12 minutes ago

South African Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius is alleged to have accidentally shot dead his girlfriend, local media reports say.

Pistorious had shot her in the head and arm, the reports suggested. A police source told Reuters news agency a dead woman had been found at his home.

The circumstances surrounding the incident are unclear. Reports say that he may have mistaken her for a burglar.

The 26-year-old was the first double amputee to run in the Olympics.

What ever happened to Katherine Crowe?

She's still giving updates on her website's blog. She backtracked on the whole "no more treatment" thing as she's been trying electrochemotherapy.