maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Re. Endersby, I hope to prove one way or another if she is dead soon by checking the UK Death records 2007-2010 - I would've done that last week but am currently moving house, so it'll be delayed a few months.

As for Joseph Stone - I am under the strong supicison that it is this chap - same age, same base in Philadelphia.. but it's not 100% certain - http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi. If so he died 12th Dec 2009...

• Like 1

Ken Brown

"A LIVERPOOL musician responsible for bringing the Fab Four together on their way to worldwide fame has died [aged 70]. Former Quarrymen guitarist Ken Brown ... played an integral part in 1959, persuading George Harrison to introduce his two friends Paul McCartney and John Lennon to form a new band. And if history had played out slightly different, Ken himself might have been the bass player for the world-famous Beatles. He played with Harrison, McCartney and Lennon as The Quarrymen, but fell out with the others after hurting his leg."

William Lyttle

The Hackney "Mole Man" who gained notoriety for digging a network of tunnels beneath his house, has died aged 79. The council evicted him and moved him to to a flat (where he apparently carried on out some more idiosyncratic "home improvements"), as well as slapping him with a bill for £350,000 which remained unpaid on his death. It is thought he may have been dead for a few weeks.

Ian Royle

A council worker who featured in the TV series A Life of Grime has died on his birthday after suffering a horrific head injury.

Should have kept smoking.

Unlikely to get a proper obit since she died three weeks ago. Like Douglas Terrey, just because you are a novelty old person,

doesn't necessarily mean your death will be followed up....

Re. Endersby, I hope to prove one way or another if she is dead soon by checking the UK Death records 2007-2010 - I would've done that last week but am currently moving house, so it'll be delayed a few months.

As for Joseph Stone - I am under the strong supicison that it is this chap - same age, same base in Philadelphia.. but it's not 100% certain - http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi. If so he died 12th Dec 2009...

Any news on Endersby? I notice her youngest daughter is on facebook if anyone is brave/insensitive enough to ask.

Any news on Endersby? I notice her youngest daughter is on facebook if anyone is brave/insensitive enough to ask.

Are you able to sniff around and be able to ascertain whether her mother has died?

It's been a kind of quest of OoO's....

I think the elder daughter is on Facebook as well, although spelt "Kirstie" rather than "Kirsti": http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1099580109

If this is her, then this post on February 10th this year would imply Endersby Sr is still alive

Sorry Spade but the oldest daughter is now a Robinson.

http://www.192.com/people/search/

UK death records didn't bring anything up, no, so it does appear she's still alive. If so, she's doing remarkably well to still be alive considering the seriousness of her condition 4 years ago. Can't say it's a "quest" anymore now I've checked and also have dropped the DDP- if she's still alive, then good luck to her and her family.

By the way, TMIB, Sharon Mevsimler should be on the List of the Missed on the DDP.

If Ms Endersby married Mr Al Megrahi they could spawn kids who'd frustrate the hell out of us and confound doctors who diagnosed them with terminal illness, or summat.

Thought I'd post Peter Lenz here rather than the motorsport thread because his Telegraph write up highlights a real dilemma. 13 years old, but that obit would be a point scorer under some dead pool rules.

Michael Lowes of airtime-filling reality TV show "Bad Lads' Army" has killed himself aged 28. Not interesting in and of itself, but worth it for the suggestion that it means any reality TV participant who carks it is probably going to get a UK-wide national obituary*.

Good point re the coverage Spade. But some of this is hard to call. A few of us around here have been disappointed by picking people who's health - mental or physical - is very suspect and covered by the media, only to seem them ignored when they go. I have a hunch Claire Blair WILL get coverage. I think suicidal reality television stars are probably more likely to get a flleeting mention than some of the terminally ill 'ordinary' people whose brave battles make tabloid stories.

"Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" (US Version) participant Joe Cerniglia has been found drowned in the Hudson; suicide suspected.

*At least from the Daily Mail

Michael Lowes of airtime-filling reality TV show "Bad Lads' Army" has killed himself aged 28. Not interesting in and of itself, but worth it for the suggestion that it means any reality TV participant who carks it is probably going to get a UK-wide national obituary*.

Good point re the coverage Spade. But some of this is hard to call. A few of us around here have been disappointed by picking people who's health - mental or physical - is very suspect and covered by the media, only to seem them ignored when they go. I have a hunch Claire Blair WILL get coverage. I think suicidal reality television stars are probably more likely to get a flleeting mention than some of the terminally ill 'ordinary' people whose brave battles make tabloid stories.

"Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" (US Version) participant Joe Cerniglia has been found drowned in the Hudson; suicide suspected.

*At least from the Daily Mail

The Telegraph's headline got me all excited:

Gordon Ramsay TV chef drowns in Hudson

Apparently Ramsay had told him his restaurant would "swim down the ------- Hudson" - Mystic Gordon, eh?!

Dunno if any of you, like me, thought you were being clever by keeping the fact that Carlo Ancelotti's father, Giuseppe, was terminally ill quiet so you could play him next year, but it doesnt matter because the dude has died anyway.

Rob Daley - tumour afflicted dad of diving sensation Tom - has been barred by medics from flying to the Commonwealth Games to watch his son.

Just an idea, like: do you see a movie about this touching story and maybe......Michael Douglas

Oh look, there's my coat.

Rob Daley - tumour afflicted dad of diving sensation Tom - has been barred by medics from flying to the Commonwealth Games to watch his son.

Just an idea, like: do you see a movie about this touching story and maybe......Michael Douglas

Frankly, I don't fancy his chances of cheering on his closeted wurzel diving boy to 2012 Olympic gold, having seen this documentary.

Frankly, I don't fancy his chances of cheering on his closeted wurzel diving boy to 2012 Olympic gold, having seen this documentary.

Well, loads of us said John Hartson was up against it, but he's done very well. Bet Rob Daley will be in for three or four sessions and then theres radiotheropy to fall back on. Lets look at this again in December.

Sun newspaper today reporting that Strictly Come Dancing trouper Ann Widdecombe will dance on to honour the memory of her brother Malcolm, former C of E vicar, who has just died. In one of those situations you just couldn't make up, Malcolm, apparently, lost consciousness for the final time just after watching his big sister's salsa on telly!

Sun newspaper today reporting that Strictly Come Dancing trouper Ann Widdecombe will dance on to honour the memory of her brother Malcolm, former C of E vicar, who has just died. In one of those situations you just couldn't make up, Malcolm, apparently, lost consciousness for the final time just after watching his big sister's salsa on telly!

I'd loose consciousness too if I had to sit through that hippo's performance!

• Like 1