Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

The First 2008 Success Poll

Decisions are always difficult to make when presented with choices so I browsed the list listlessly until I made my decision. As I placed my finger on the button and made the vote I heard his voice saying, 'Oh really? Gee that's sad.' and with that I had sent Jack Klugman off to meet his maker- well not his bookmaker, even though as Oscar Madison that might have been where he was headed.

Notable runner-ups (or is that runners up?), were people I thought were dead......Karl Malden, Yitzak Shamir, Salinger and Widmark. I was also surprised to see that Blake Edwards was still around.... didn't Julie Andrews stab him with an umbrella a few years ago?

So, in the end, it is with limited capacity of brain function at this hour of the day that I terminate Jack Klugman...goodbye to the last of 12 angry men.

I am new to this site and I am hoping that with the recent news that Suharto goes first. Not only would he be the first for 08, but he's also my #1 choice for my DP.

Suharto. Personally, seeing as he's NOT on my DDP entry, I'm hoping those nice Indian doctors that cured Sihanouk do the business once again.

Rev. Billy Graham.

Suharto, a member of my DDP team and my Death League team. I love two-fers.

So this is the list of 50 candidates which the DL committee will hope to overcome last year’s disappointing 10.

But who will be the first?

cyril smith, although its a shame a few more mp,s were not chosen, gerald kaufman for instance has lead a full and interesting life, about time he did the decent thing. maggie should be gone by now but nobody wants her.

Edmund Hillary is our 1st DL graduate from the class of 2008. Congrats to those teams that selected him in the DDP.

UK (Guardian) obit

That must be the earliest 1st death for a while (Lou Rawls?).

Time to close this thread and open the new one....

At the risk of poor etiquette, this thread has been renamed and reopened. If someone clever ike TMIB could reset the votes to nil and remove poor Edmund, that would be good. Will this be only the first Hillary to suffer a great fall in 2008?

I'm still on the Suharto bandwagon.

At the risk of poor etiquette, this thread has been renamed and reopened. If someone clever ike TMIB could reset the votes to nil and remove poor Edmund, that would be good. Will this be only the first Hillary to suffer a great fall in 2008?

Do not have moderating powers to do that, but Football Fan et al can. I think we should keep this as an ongoing thread (if the poll can be reset, that is) rather than having a dozen or so polls littered about. It would also clear up any gaffes, such as putting up a poll while not realising someone else had died! ;)

Suharto. It's a no-brainer...

There's no telling CR. The first poll here was about as accurate as those for the New Hampshire primary.

Do not have moderating powers to do that, but Football Fan et al can. I think we should keep this as an ongoing thread (if the poll can be reset, that is) rather than having a dozen or so polls littered about. It would also clear up any gaffes, such as putting up a poll while not realising someone else had died! ;)

Suharto. It's a no-brainer...

I thought Sharon was the only no-brainer on that list.

My vote goes to Suharto - hopefully tomorrow.

NO!

Please can this topic be closed as per normal and who-ever wants to kick off the second one just please have a go at putting it up.

NO!

Please can this topic be closed as per normal and who-ever wants to kick off the second one just please have a go at putting it up.

where's the instructions for setting up a vote?

NO!

Poll options

then just have a go - I did it once - it a bit of a pain but its worth it in the long run.

NO!

Poll options

then just have a go - I did it once - it a bit of a pain but its worth it in the long run.

Tried it now, couldn't do it. [ie setting up a new poll in the same thread] Needs a moderator... ;)

OK, I have created a new thread with a poll for the second 2008 success right here

This poll is now closed.

Regards,

ff ;)