Death Watch Beatle

The Deathlisters Alternative Footie Thread

We seem to have a fair amount of interest in the beautiful game here on the DL - so I am proposing to set up an online management league - The DeathList Championship or similar on xperteleven.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the site, it can be found here: xperteleven.com

It is, in my opinion, one of the better ones on the web, and completely free to play - no catches! If you are interested in having a go drop me a PM or reply to this post - we need 8 of us to make it viable, but more the merrier. If we can get a dozen or more it could get really exciting with two divisions and everything!

DWB ;)

We seem to have a fair amount of interest in the beautiful game here on the DL - so I am proposing to set up an online management league - The DeathList Championship or similar on xperteleven.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the site, it can be found here: xperteleven.com

It is, in my opinion, one of the better ones on the web, and completely free to play - no catches! If you are interested in having a go drop me a PM or reply to this post - we need 8 of us to make it viable, but more the merrier. If we can get a dozen or more it could get really exciting with two divisions and everything!

DWB ;)

I'm game

DWB ;)

I'm game

I already have a couple of teams on the site...Im happy to join another league , and show you all my massive skill at being a coach ;)

I don't mind, as long as it involves relatively minimal maintenance on my part to manage this team, as time is not one thing I have an awful lot of in 2008.

If I do play, it will, of course, be in the same tactical mould as my two managerial heroes - Stevie Coppell & Admiral Ackbar. Therefore, Expect a downbeat "It's a Trap!" to be my main cry from the dugout. ;)

I don't mind, as long as it involves relatively minimal maintenance on my part to manage this team, as time is not one thing I have an awful lot of in 2008.

If I do play, it will, of course, be in the same tactical mould as my two managerial heroes - Stevie Coppell & Admiral Ackbar. Therefore, Expect a downbeat "It's a Trap!" to be my main cry from the dugout. :lol:

Minimal maintenance it is - it can take as little as ten minutes a week to sort a team and tactics out - so I can count you in then? That will make four - half way there already!

DWB :)

If I do play, it will, of course, be in the same tactical mould as my two managerial heroes - Stevie Coppell & Admiral Ackbar. Therefore, Expect a downbeat "It's a Trap!" to be my main cry from the dugout. :lol:

Minimal maintenance it is - it can take as little as ten minutes a week to sort a team and tactics out - so I can count you in then? That will make four - half way there already!

Yeah count me in DWB.... :)

OK, it would seem that 6 teams gets the league underway, so anticipating enough interest, I have created a new league - I now have to get 5 more of you signed up within 3 weeks to get it underway.

I have clicked a privacy option which will hide your real name and only show your log-in, in case you have an issue with that.

Drop me a PM and I will send you back an invitation to join. Then, sign up and get ready for the blow off.

DWB :lol:

Death League

Just bumping this one up again. We have 4 takers so far, 2 more have shown interest, which would get us underway, but more is most definitely merrier. Get in touch if you fancy a go.

Death League

Just bumping this one up again. We have 4 takers so far, 2 more have shown interest, which would get us underway, but more is most definitely merrier. Get in touch if you fancy a go.

OK, I'm in :lol: . I'm much better at death than I am at football when it comes to leagues though.

Death League

OK, I'm in :lol: . I'm much better at death than I am at football when it comes to leagues though.

Good man! Anyone else?

Death League

Good man! Anyone else?

Unfortunately due to Managerial commitments (I have 2 other teams already) , it appears I cannot join . I've even tried resigning from one of my current teams , but no luck . If I dont access 1 of my teams , I think I get sacked after a month , but I guess thats too long for you all to wait ?

Sorry...I shall have to decline

What a shame! We have five of us signed up so far, so we still need at least one more to get the ball rolling. The game is easy to play, doesn't take up much of your time and is completely free - and quite addictive if you get into it.

If we do start with only 6 or 7 teams, the season wont take too long to complete so, Grobler, if you have a change of mind in the new year, you are more than welcome to join us for season 2.

We now have six and can start a season - if anyone else wants to join in, it's not too late, just drop me a PM or reply to this.

Those who are already involved, I suggest you arrange a couple of friendlies between us to get the feel of what goes on, then, next week, I will kick off the season. If you have any questions, there is a forum on the league.

Cheers all.

We now have six and can start a season - if anyone else wants to join in, it's not too late, just drop me a PM or reply to this.

Those who are already involved, I suggest you arrange a couple of friendlies between us to get the feel of what goes on, then, next week, I will kick off the season. If you have any questions, there is a forum on the league.

Cheers all.

DWB :unsure:

Time to bump this up again. When does the ribbing start (as if it hasn't already)

Cheers all.

Time to bump this up again. When does the ribbing start (as if it hasn't already)

Oh, I see, you want me to mention the football lesson your boys got taught last week? OK then, for the benefit of those not privy to the results, the first pre-season friendly between the Crypt Kickers (DWB) and Dyslexics Untied (HCW) ended 2-0 to the Kickers with the first goal going in 3 minutes after kick-off. The season proper starts Jan 2nd and I'm sure the victors from various matches played will be more than happy to share the news with you all!

Cheers all.

Oh, I see, you want me to mention the football lesson your boys got taught last week? OK then, for the benefit of those not privy to the results, the first pre-season friendly between the Crypt Kickers (DWB) and Dyslexics Untied (HCW) ended 2-0 to the Kickers with the first goal going in 3 minutes after kick-off. The season proper starts Jan 2nd and I'm sure the victors from various matches played will be more than happy to share the news with you all!

Of course what DWB forgot to mention that the first 'goal' was the result of a freak breakaway shot that was more of a pass gone wrong rather than a good attempt at goal. As for the lucky bounce of the ball for the second 'goal' .....well............ I leave it to your imagination, of course no-one else saw DWB slipping the assistant referee a brown envelope at half time........................... Its just not cricket when you're against 12 players :P

My first real game is against the Knickers United on 2nd Jan. Were all fired up and ready for some hot Knicker action. :lol:

Cheers all.

Of course what DWB forgot to mention that the first 'goal' was the result of a freak breakaway shot that was more of a pass gone wrong rather than a good attempt at goal. As for the lucky bounce of the ball for the second 'goal' .....well............ I leave it to your imagination, of course no-one else saw DWB slipping the assistant referee a brown envelope at half time........................... Its just not cricket when you're against 12 players :P

My first real game is against the Knickers United on 2nd Jan. Were all fired up and ready for some hot Knicker action. :P

Read the Rules - Dirty Tricks Allowed! 12 men, brown envelopes, 'freak bounces' - all perfectly legal in the Death League, oh, and we ground out a 1-1 draw against the Octopus last week.

Read the Rules - Dirty Tricks Allowed! 12 men, brown envelopes, 'freak bounces' - all perfectly legal in the Death League.

Just wait until we reveal our secret super sub, I'm not telling you his name, but we nicknamed him 'chainsaw' :lol:

Just to let you all know the grudge revenge match is on the 9th Jan

DWB i'm up for this Football League thing... where do i sign?

Hi RM, good to hear you are interested. The inaugral season is about to kick-off (already committed so can't back track) so if you would care to hang on for about 5 weeks, you can come in on season 2 - I will drop you an invite nearer the time.

Cheers

DWB :sicktherm:

ps - It would seem that during the night some git (Knickers to you) broke in and punctured all our match footballs - my players have lost form and it cost the club 100k to replace them. This has been noted!

Hi RM, good to hear you are interested. The inaugral season is about to kick-off (already committed so can't back track) so if you would care to hang on for about 5 weeks, you can come in on season 2 - I will drop you an invite nearer the time.

Cheers

DWB <_<

ps - It would seem that during the night some git (Knickers to you) broke in and punctured all our match footballs - my players have lost form and it cost the club 100k to replace them. This has been noted!

You found out then.... :sicktherm:

So YOU'RE the type that would resort to dirty tricks, rather than win it on skill! Tsk Tsk. Odstock United's staff & fans are disgusted. :) We'd never stoop that low... <_<

So YOU'RE the type that would resort to dirty tricks, rather than win it on skill! Tsk Tsk. Odstock United's staff & fans are disgusted. :) We'd never stoop that low... <_<

The die is cast. If it's in the rules, it's in the rules... :)

Cheers

DWB <_<

Now, let's see how the cheating Knickers got on today. The teleprinter has just sprung into life:

. . . . . . . . . . . . Crypt Kickers 5 (Five). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Knickers United 1 . . . . . . . . .

Well, there you have it, the cheating git that is TMIB dies by his own treachery. My blokes were so angry at your antics they went out and deflated your balls . . . perhaps the money you spent on that little trick would have been better spent in the transfer market?

Cheers

DWB <_<

Now, let's see how the cheating Knickers got on today. The teleprinter has just sprung into life:

. . . . . . . . . . . . Crypt Kickers 5 (Five). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Knickers United 1 . . . . . . . . .

Well, there you have it, the cheating git that is TMIB dies by his own treachery. My blokes were so angry at your antics they went out and deflated your balls . . . perhaps the money you spent on that little trick would have been better spent in the transfer market?

Its the straight path for me from now on, honest guv!

:)