Death Watch Beatle

The Deathlisters Alternative Footie Thread

Let the action begin

I've moved all the posts into this thread to avoid any confusion.

[HCW]

P.S. Dyslexics Untied won their first game of the season beating Knickers United by 2 wonderstrike goals to 1 fluked header

Edited by heaven can wait

I'm really sorry I haven't had much input yet, I logged on for the first time today to see that I'd already been beaten 5 - 1 in my first match. Luckily, as an Exeter City fan, I can take defeats like this on the chin and look forward to better things.

I see my next match is against OoO, who I hope is so busy with this DDP page that his team might also have forgone training. I'm going to get my men on a war footing before then and I forsee a glorious victory.

Good to see you took the drubbing well DDT! Both my last two games finished 5-1 in my favour, but I am yet to be tested away from Fortress Boot Hill. Anyway, it's good to be top - and the only way is down I presume?

DWB :lol:

I'm really sorry I haven't had much input yet, I logged on for the first time today to see that I'd already been beaten 5 - 1 in my first match. Luckily, as an Exeter City fan, I can take defeats like this on the chin and look forward to better things.

I see my next match is against OoO, who I hope is so busy with this DDP page that his team might also have forgone training. I'm going to get my men on a war footing before then and I forsee a glorious victory.

Nice try, DDT, but I've been going on that for light relief as I plough through the DDP entries. I have made a few changes & done extra training for the squad, so I am quietly confident of a second away win in a row despite the opposition cheating in the first game! I would like to win the title on a non-cheating basis if possible. :lol:

Glad to see this has a separate thread.

Never mind.

Banshees - do you fancy a kick about in season 2? It's about five weeks away. Also, if anyone else wants to join us for the second season just drop a note on this thread.

Cheating! How dare you! Use of the taser is allowed, provided it's not from behind. Still, best team won and all that. :lol:

I am quietly confident of a second away win in a row despite the opposition cheating in the first game! I would like to win the title on a non-cheating basis if possible. :P

DWB i'm up for this Football League thing... where do i sign?

Hi RM, good to hear you are interested. The inaugral season is about to kick-off (already committed so can't back track) so if you would care to hang on for about 5 weeks, you can come in on season 2 - I will drop you an invite nearer the time.

Cheers

I'm interested also. Let me know when season 2 is about to begin.

ff :P

DWB i'm up for this Football League thing... where do i sign?

Hi RM, good to hear you are interested. The inaugral season is about to kick-off (already committed so can't back track) so if you would care to hang on for about 5 weeks, you can come in on season 2 - I will drop you an invite nearer the time.

Cheers

I'm interested also. Let me know when season 2 is about to begin.

ff :P

Will do. Thanks.

Anyone else?

DWB :P

I've asked for a 'named' player (I noticed Barring the cross managed to get a hold of R O'S). Who actually gives it the go-ahead? Is it the league admin or is it someone else? And how long does it take them to ok your choice name.

Cheating! How dare you! Use of the taser is allowed, provided it's not from behind. Still, best team won and all that. :lol:

;)

It's not my words - it's the sites - under the match report it says Cheats On (or something like that) yes or no. Pure as pure white, we were a "no". I fear we may be the only team who will be a "no" all season. :P ***

I thought my press statement about the sending-off was very public spirited actually. I could've ranted much more :P

*** Until the crucial last game of the season, of course.... ***

I've asked for a 'named' player (I noticed Barring the cross managed to get a hold of R O'S). Who actually gives it the go-ahead? Is it the league admin or is it someone else? And how long does it take them to ok your choice name.

That would be me then. Any name requests go to me as Admin, I press the OK button and that names comes up on the next youth talent offered to you. I have had a couple of good requests recently. Obviously they have got to be downright rude to get the 'no' treatment.

HTH

Cheating! How dare you! Use of the taser is allowed, provided it's not from behind. Still, best team won and all that. :P

:D

It's not my words - it's the sites - under the match report it says Cheats On (or something like that) yes or no. Pure as pure white, we were a "no". I fear we may be the only team who will be a "no" all season. :P ***

I thought my press statement about the sending-off was very public spirited actually. I could've ranted much more ;)

*** Until the crucial last game of the season, of course.... ***

I must admit that I accidentally pressed the cheat button in our friendly with you, but I haven't touched it since - not a drop sir.

Message for Grobler - If you do jack in one of your teams and want to join in Season 2 let me know - I think you said you have to give a months notice or something.

DWB :)

Ive signed up to X11 and waiting for an invite... or i need to know DWB manager name or League ID

Ive signed up to X11 and waiting for an invite... or i need to know DWB manager name or League ID

Have sent you a PM with the info. you need.

That would be me then. Any name requests go to me as Admin, I press the OK button and that names comes up on the next youth talent offered to you. I have had a couple of good requests recently. Obviously they have got to be downright rude to get the 'no' treatment.

HTH

Do I assume you've given me the ok then? The name I want isn't rude at all.

HTH

DWB :banghead:

Indeed. I think the requested name stays in the box you typed it in, kind of looking like nothing happened, but would disappear if I rejected it. It will be used for your next youth talent, then you can request another one, or the same one, if you rejected the talent offered last time around. Did that make any sense at all?

HTH

Indeed. I think the requested name stays in the box you typed it in, kind of looking like nothing happened, but would disappear if I rejected it. It will be used for your next youth talent, then you can request another one, or the same one, if you rejected the talent offered last time around. Did that make any sense at all?

Erm......................... I think so :)

HTH

DWB :huh:

:banghead::):blink:

Is this thread the DL version of Mornington Crescent?

HTH

DWB :huh:

:banghead::):blink:

Is this thread the DL version of Mornington Crescent?

It would be if the name had disappeared on acceptance, but due to it's continued appearance in previously described situation, probably not. I hope I have cleared that up for you.

DWB ;)

It would be if the name had disappeared on acceptance, but due to it's continued appearance in previously described situation, probably not. I hope I have cleared that up for you.

I'm slowly losing the will to live :)

I'm slowly losing the will to live :banghead:

That is not in the rules.

i'm on stand by - waiting for the new season to start. Athetico Madron FC.

are girls allowed? or are we just there to hold the hands of the supporters?