Death Watch Beatle

The Deathlisters Alternative Footie Thread

I can confirm that Athletico Madron are on the Death League waiting list. I can't OK your application until the closed season.

FF and LG - I have sent you both a PM with instructions on how to get yourselves on the waiting list. I will confirm with you when your team arrives there.

Anyone else - this would make nine teams - and I don't like odd numbers, so would someone else like to join? Or three of you perhaps, 'cause then we could have two leagues with relegation and stuff!

DWB :)

OK, I am now on the Death League waiting list:

Team name: Toronto United FC

OK, I am now on the Death League waiting list:

Team name: Toronto United FC

Yep, I see you.

DWB <_<

LG - your Gravediggers are now on the list also. That will give us 9 teams for season two - providing we have no fallers. Could do with 1 or 2 or 3 more. Any takers?

DWB <_<

Only 2 games gone and the Dyslexics Untied are on top one point clear of the Crypt Kickers. The next home game for the Untied will be against the Kickers.

Well the Dyslexics are early doors leaders of the Death League, proving you don't need to spell to play football - but of course if you follow football you knew that already.

If you need another reason for signing up for Season 2 you get to read (and write) the clubs press releases, which, if I do say so myself, are highly entertaining.

DWB :rolleyes:

Quite an exciting 2 all draw today with the Kickers, first away game against the whipping boys Devon All Blacks coming up on Sunday. I'm sure that'll be a test for us :skull:

Quite an exciting 2 all draw today with the Kickers, first away game against the whipping boys Devon All Blacks coming up on Sunday. I'm sure that'll be a test for us :skull:

We shall see, as Odstock Utd will attest, Styx Park is a bit of a fortress.

A bruising encounter with Jackal's mob of reprobates today and a 3 - 6 loss, character building stuff. They'll learn from this and come back stronger. I'm off to dabble in the transfer market for a couple of good defenders.

I'm off to dabble in the transfer market for a couple of good defenders.

I've just popped our lad Montgomerie on the transfer list - a good buy for anyone I feel - just can't work his way into a top-of-the-table ** side!

** Yes I know it's only 2 games, but this may be the only chance I get to say it! I'm after a midfielder if anyone fancy's selling their playmakers or free-kick takers.. :skull:

That was a bit touch and go against Dyslexics today. Only managed to get the equaliser in Manchester United time. Time to knock Odstock off the top when we meet them on Sunday!

DWB :skull:

We now have six and can start a season - if anyone else wants to join in, it's not too late, just drop me a PM or reply to this.

Those who are already involved, I suggest you arrange a couple of friendlies between us to get the feel of what goes on, then, next week, I will kick off the season. If you have any questions, there is a forum on the league.

Cheers all.

DWB :skull:

i will happily join, however i know nothing of football or death although i know they are as inevitable as death and taxes, so what the hey.

Popoff - have sent you an invite.

Live Chat turned into a Death League recruitment exercise tonight. Monoclinic has signed up, Handrejka has promised to join and hallejluyajohntudor thought it was a bit too footbally or something.

DWB ;)

Popoff - have sent you an invite.

Live Chat turned into a Death League recruitment exercise tonight. Monoclinic has signed up, Handrejka has promised to join and hallejluyajohntudor thought it was a bit too footbally or something.

DWB ;)

Don't speak too soon, DwB, for I shall produce a team which will smite all of my so-called rivals into smithereens.

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha

I've asked for a 'named' player (I noticed Barring the cross managed to get a hold of R O'S). Who actually gives it the go-ahead? Is it the league admin or is it someone else? And how long does it take them to ok your choice name.

That would be me then. Any name requests go to me as Admin, I press the OK button and that names comes up on the next youth talent offered to you. I have had a couple of good requests recently. Obviously they have got to be downright rude to get the 'no' treatment.

HTH

DWB :old:

OK, so when do I get the player I wanted?

I've asked for a 'named' player (I noticed Barring the cross managed to get a hold of R O'S). Who actually gives it the go-ahead? Is it the league admin or is it someone else? And how long does it take them to ok your choice name.

That would be me then. Any name requests go to me as Admin, I press the OK button and that names comes up on the next youth talent offered to you. I have had a couple of good requests recently. Obviously they have got to be downright rude to get the 'no' treatment.

HTH

I think, on average, a youth talent gets coughed up by the computer once every 2-3 weeks. However, your man could turn out to be a bit lame, and you may reject the offer. If so, request the name again for the next youth offering.

DWB :lol:

With the 6 teams we already have plus the 4 on the waiting list, we would have to run a single division next season. That means a 9 week (18 game season) - which is a bit of a long haul, so between now and then, it would be most beneficial to all to have 2 more teams signed up to get two divisions of 6 teams.

So if Handrejka and halleluyahjohntudor follow up their interest by signing up that would be excellent and I am sure we would all me most grateful.

There is still room for more though, so as usual, drop me a PM or reply to this thread if you want to sign up for Season 2.

HTH

I think, on average, a youth talent gets coughed up by the computer once every 2-3 weeks. However, your man could turn out to be a bit lame, and you may reject the offer. If so, request the name again for the next youth offering.

I don't want a youth player, I want one called Gunnar Leatherface

HTH

DWB :angry:

You're buggered I'm afraid old boy - all squad and transfer players are computer generated.

HTH

You're buggered I'm afraid old boy - all squad and transfer players are computer generated.

Then how did you get players called Bobby Picket and Christopher Lee? :old:

HTH

Then how did you get players called Bobby Picket and Christopher Lee? :old:

They were both youth players. Check out their stats. Very young and not very good. But given time they will become world-beaters. I already OKed your Leatherface name, so you need to wait for a youth player like I got. Does this make things any clearer?

They were both youth players. Check out their stats. Very young and not very good. But given time they will become world-beaters. I already OKed your Leatherface name, so you need to wait for a youth player like I got. Does this make things any clearer?

DWB :rolleyes:

Erm.......... I think I get it now.

Game 4, another victory for the Dyslexics, this time over the league whipping boys the Devon All Blacks by 2 goals to nil, hoisting them back to the top of the table. Next round away to Odstock United.

Someone broke in and burst my balls :angry: I'm not sure if it was that villainous cad Admiral Ackbar in a cowardly attempt to scupper our hard and punishing training schedule, or the revenge attack from the even more dastardly Devon All Blacks manager DDT, sneaking under cover of darkness because they were humiliated in a rather ignominious defeat at the weekend.

The appropriate authorities have been contacted.

The snipers have now been deployed in secret locations within the stadia.

Be warned, if you see the snipers red spot on you, you better pray to your god. Permission has been authorised to use the AK47's. :ghost:

Someone broke in and burst my balls :angry: I'm not sure if it was that villainous cad Admiral Ackbar in a cowardly attempt to scupper our hard and punishing training schedule, or the revenge attack from the even more dastardly Devon All Blacks manager DDT, sneaking under cover of darkness because they were humiliated in a rather ignominious defeat at the weekend.

The appropriate authorities have been contacted.

The snipers have now been deployed in secret locations within the stadia.

Be warned, if you see the snipers red spot on you, you better pray to your god. Permission has been authorised to use the AK47's. :angry:

You're top of the league, what do you expect? Of course, if it had been me I would of spiked the drinks. Far more civilised. Of course, this means you drinks will now get spiked and you will suspect the Kickers - but of course it wasn't the Kickers, just someone trying to put us in the frame. You see? Of course you do.

DWB :ghost:

I think I'll give it a miss after all. I spend too long on the internet as it is.