Death Watch Beatle

The Deathlisters Alternative Footie Thread

Hearston and Knickers have now been withdrawn from the league as requested.

Windsor, you can apply to the league for a now if you are still interested? - I have PMed you the details.

If anybody else would like a team for the new season in the new year, drop me a line or post your intention here. It is very straight forward to play, takes up very little time and can be quite fun!

Cheers

DWB :D

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!

http://www.xperteleven.com/

This is my less subtle approach to advertising. Anyone who fancies managing a football team give Death Watch Beatle a shout for the league details. The game entails choosing tactics, buying and selling players, winning games, writing funny and not so funny press releases, playing the pools, training players and so on. Once you work out all the nuances then the game really doesn't take up much of your time at all and we are all on hand to help.

Anybody up for a friendly?

Yes, if you're still feeling friendly towards me! :evil2:

How does one set up a friendly, anyway?

Click on challenge team. I've challenged you, so all you have to do is accept.

I've accepted DWB's challenge, and we're playing tonight. If you accept my challenge, we'll meet probably next Friday (A possible Christmas cracker?)

I've accepted DWB's challenge, and we're playing tonight. If you accept my challenge, we'll meet probably next Friday (A possible Christmas cracker?)

I couldn't find your challenge so I tried clicking the challenge button. It didn't explode but at least that would have been a result! That site is full of mysteries for me.

And in a fit of bravery I have also challenged DWB.

Yes, if you're still feeling friendly towards me! :party:

I couldn't find your challenge so I tried clicking the challenge button. It didn't explode but at least that would have been a result! That site is full of mysteries for me.

And in a fit of bravery I have also challenged DWB.

Very brave. Mind you, you whopped his ass in the first game of last season :evil2:

If you go into your e-mails on the site, you'll see a mail challenging you. press accept.

Congratulations to Monoclinic on a well deserved league and cup double!!!!! :D Nice to see the boys wishing you well too :D

Congr

atulations to Monoclinic on a well deserved league and cup double!!!!! :D Nice to see the boys wishing you well too ^_^

Piss off. I didn't wish you well. :D I wanted to win the league. Not that I'm a bad loser or anything like that.

Congr

atulations to Monoclinic on a well deserved league and cup double!!!!! :party: Nice to see the boys wishing you well too ^_^

Piss off. I didn't wish you well. :( I wanted to win the league. Not that I'm a bad loser or anything like that.

. . . and I wasn't trying very hard. You would think it boring if I kept winning everything!

DWB ;)

Congr

atulations to Monoclinic on a well deserved league and cup double!!!!! :party: Nice to see the boys wishing you well too ^_^

Piss off. I didn't wish you well. :( I wanted to win the league. Not that I'm a bad loser or anything like that.

. . . and I wasn't trying very hard. You would think it boring if I kept winning everything!

DWB ;)

Thank-you LG. The others... humpft! As for trying very hard, I did the least this season, forgot more than several times and it seems that, that did the trick for me. I must have been overworking them. There is probably something written into the program if you pick Frenchies expect apathy and ennui.

Anyway, I don't know if the others just ignore this thread so perhaps someone should place this announcement elsewhere but...

Would anybody care to join us at xperteleven.com in a sort of championship manager (er perhaps, I've never played it being a girl and all), fantasy football type game if you are not too busy playing funnyfarmville?

Please?

It doesn't require much effort, but you do have to regularly make a few tweaks unless you want to be trounced. Or are you all too scared of being beaten by the ladies? ;)

Hoooorrrraaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I won the A trophy. getitupyez!!!!!!!!

Oh bollocks!

Firstly congratulations and secondly thanks, I had completely forgotten about xpert, looks like I played you twice over the last two weeks and lost both. I successfully bought a player though a few weeks back so it's not all bad. Well, ish.

Yes, hearty buggerations to you. You could at least have had the good manners to let the game go into extra time!

DWB ;)

ADVERTISEMENT:

Caretaker Manager required m/f

XpertEleven.com

2 month contract

Clinique Précisionists are a renowned team within the Death League Xpert Eleven, having been around since season 2, with a quasi consistent performance until recent unforseen circumstances hit the club. To avoid further neglect and future known absenteeism we are looking for a caretaker manager to bring fresh ideas into the club and to build on our success. The current manager will be on hand for advice for just over 3 weeks before commitments take her away from current interneting practices. She will not return until towards the end of September.

The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of mouse work and perhaps an average sense of humour to devise press releases for additional stipends. You will be a born piss-taker with the skills to set players training, count to eleven and partial to risk-taking. French is not a prerequisite but an enthusiasm to shrug your shoulders in defeat is advantageous.

This role is a unique opportunity for those new to xperteleven who would like to know more about the game without any full hands on commitment. Bags of enthusiasm, initiative and flair are secondary to lucky heather and wings and prayers.

For further details please contact Monoclinic via the usual DL channels. Both current and former managers will be considered.

ADVERTISEMENT:

Goodness, that almost invoked DL::AddSpammerToList("Monoclinic"); :nerd:

regards,

Hein

ADVERTISEMENT:

XpertEleven.com

2 month contract

Clinique Précisionists are a renowned team within the Death League Xpert Eleven, having been around since season 2, with a quasi consistent performance until recent unforseen circumstances hit the club. To avoid further neglect and future known absenteeism we are looking for a caretaker manager to bring fresh ideas into the club and to build on our success. The current manager will be on hand for advice for just over 3 weeks before commitments take her away from current interneting practices. She will not return until towards the end of September.

The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of mouse work and perhaps an average sense of humour to devise press releases for additional stipends. You will be a born piss-taker with the skills to set players training, count to eleven and partial to risk-taking. French is not a prerequisite but an enthusiasm to shrug your shoulders in defeat is advantageous.

This role is a unique opportunity for those new to xperteleven who would like to know more about the game without any full hands on commitment. Bags of enthusiasm, initiative and flair are secondary to lucky heather and wings and prayers.

For further details please contact Monoclinic via the usual DL channels. Both current and former managers will be considered.

Give me a shout if no-one wants to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT:

snip ....

Both current and former managers will be considered.

That is very trusting of you Monoclinic :nerd: .

League finished for this season! Congrats FF (wherever you are) commiserations to DWB who came in a close (ish) second, and bollocks to me for finishing 3rd with a 7 (yes, seven) goal demolition of Bury. See you all next season?

Congratulations Football Fan on your first league title :o .

I hope you will remember that my holding DWB to a draw tonight helped secure your victory and you will be kind to my old Gravediggers next season ;) .

Congratulations Football Fan on your first league title :o .

I hope you will remember that my holding DWB to a draw tonight helped secure your victory and you will be kind to my old Gravediggers next season ;) .

Hmm, if I'd known Footie was in with a chance of winning the league, I'd have given him a harder time of it. As it was I just wanted to give the lads a bit of a kick about and make sure nobody got hurt too badly.

How about having two games a week next season? Might give the whole thing a bit more excitement and pace.

Oh, and congratulations to Football Fan in case I failed to mention it before.

Congrats. to FF - well done! Curses to Gravediggers - all I needed was 1 goal and the title would have been mine!

Next season is looking to be bare-bones with only 6 teams looking likely to start. We can play 2 games a week but remember the season will be over in just over a month with no opportunity to play at least 1 cup.

New blood desperately required - apply to myself, or any of the other players, or post your interest on this thread.

Do you all want another (shortish) season?

DWB ;)

Is it possible to have 2 teams in the same league?

Yes, but you have to have two different user names. Does everyone else fancy a couple of teams each?

DWB ;)

League finished for this season! Congrats FF (wherever you are) commiserations to DWB who came in a close (ish) second, and bollocks to me for finishing 3rd with a 7 (yes, seven) goal demolition of Bury. See you all next season?

Thanks HCW.