Windsor

Who Do You Think Will Win The Democrat And Republican Nominations?

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Being one of those saddos who stayed up watching the New Hampshire primary results until 4am, I thought I'd do a poll. Given that Clinton and Obama seem to be neck and neck, which of the two do deathlisters think will win their party's nomination? Do you think that either of them have a real chance in middle America when it comes to the Presidential election? Or don't you really care?

I think that Hillary will win by a whisker, but you know how good my political predictions are (Charles Kennedy will still be Lib Dem leader this time next year and the SNP will not win the Scottish Parliament Elections)!

[Poll added - ff]

I think it'll be Obama. But I still think Barbie should run for president ;-)

Hmm..I'm not too keen on either of them, but Clinton will probably win the nomination, unless Edwards can

make a late burst.

Don't forget the Republicans too. I think we're in a win-win situation here, becuase no-one is going to be as bad as Dubya.. :skull:

That particular contest is wide open...

It's going to be Hillary over Obama. But I'm still not completely convinced Bill will be literally 'the first man'

I feel the next president will probably be Republican. Either Giuliani or McCain.

Obama for 2016?

It's going to be Hillary over Obama. But I'm still not completely convinced Bill will be literally 'the first man'

I feel the next president will probably be Republican. Either Giuliani or McCain.

Obama for 2016?

I doubt very much that Giuliani will make it to the very end.

McCain is emerging as a new favourite for the Republicans and it's between Clinton and Obama for the Democrats.

Don't really give a sh*t

Well said, HCW; they're all about as bad as each other, in the end.

Is there a Vote RON option?

Failing that there is a Belgian PM going spare in Yves Leterme(inator), who has demonstrated the similar levels of inefficiency as Dubya, who has been voted in but yet to take up the position.

Don't forget the Republicans too.

Indeed, the Republican race is wide open but then their candidates are almost as bad as the Democrat ones.

If I'm not mistaken the three front runners in that contest are McCain, Romney and Huckabee. McCain is 71 years old. Romney is a Mormon. Huckabee is in the God squad. McCain is said to be doing well off the back of the recent surge plan in Iraq. That was apparently his idea.

I have a feeling that the Democrats first woman or first black nomination will have a difficult time beating white, god-fearing war mongers. Isn't that what it means to be American?

Clinton and McCain get my vote

Don't really give a sh*t

Well said, HCW; they're all about as bad as each other, in the end.

Yeah, why should it concern us what poxy President they elect, it's not as if they have any great influence over Britain do they... ;)

Don't forget the Republicans too.

Indeed, the Republican race is wide open but then their candidates are almost as bad as the Democrat ones.

If I'm not mistaken the three front runners in that contest are McCain, Romney and Huckabee. McCain is 71 years old. Romney is a Mormon. Huckabee is in the God squad. McCain is said to be doing well off the back of the recent surge plan in Iraq. That was apparently his idea.

I have a feeling that the Democrats first woman or first black nomination will have a difficult time beating white, god-fearing war mongers. Isn't that what it means to be American?

You say "Romney is a Mormon" like there's something inherently wrong with that. You sound a bit bigoted W. Plus, we are the same God-fearing war mongers who saved you Brits in World War II. By the way, I am proud of the voters in my home state of New Hampshire. We turned out more than 525,000 strong, which is 40% of the entire electorate.

IMO John Edwards is the best man for the job, but McCain will likely be the one to get it. On the bright side , he was looking very rough indeed on the evening of the debate....... ;)

You say "Romney is a Mormon" like there's something inherently wrong with that. You sound a bit bigoted W. Plus, we are the same God-fearing war mongers who saved you Brits in World War II. By the way, I am proud of the voters in my home state of New Hampshire. We turned out more than 525,000 strong, which is 40% of the entire electorate.

There is nothing inherently wrong with being a mormon. You can have a wife to do the cleaning, another to do the cooking and another for the bedroom. Absolutely nothing wrong with being a mormon. ;) Quite frankly, accusing me of being a bigot whilst defending the mormon church is a bit rich.

As for the whole war thing, you reaped your benefits. It had less to do with saving us Brits, and more to do with sustaining your economy so please do get off your high horse.

I can't remember criticising your state of New Hampshire -only the candidates thrown upon it.

There is nothing inherently wrong with being a mormon. You can have a wife to do the cleaning, another to do the cooking and another for the bedroom. Absolutely nothing wrong with being a mormon. ;) Quite frankly, accusing me of being a bigot whilst defending the mormon church is a bit rich.

As for the whole war thing, you reaped your benefits. It had less to do with saving us Brits, and more to do with sustaining your economy so please do get off your high horse.

I can't remember criticising your state of New Hampshire -only the candidates thrown upon it.

we are the same God-fearing war mongers who saved you Brits in World War II

If it wasn't for us Brits, you'd all be speaking French over in the US.

The US only dragged themselves into WWII because they were taken by surprise by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor.

The US stayed out of WWI and WWII for as long as they possibly could. As soon as it affected them that's when they got off their butts and did something. As soon as the US go on their own little crusades, they expect other countries to sit up and take notice.

Romney being a mormom will affect his presidential election hopes.

Much in the same way that there was a controversy over Kennedy being a catholic.

There's no such thing as a seperation between church and state in the US. People still go to the polls and vote on a candidate based on their religion.

Bush Jr still believes that he was appointed by "God", I guess he doesn't believe in the so-called democracy that the US believes that they are the prime example to the world and instead are self-appointed cop, judge and jury for the rest of the world.

Clinton for the Democrats, and Giuliani for the GOP. Giuliani's played a clever game so far - waiting until the others are wounded before stepping in, and when it comes down to the wire, McCain's probably too much of an independent thinker for the Republican Party to endorse fully. The only thing that might swing it McCain's way is if he appeals as a stop-gap one-term incumbent.

I guess if Hillary wins, there won't be many vacancies for females interns at the White House...

Have you ever read the history of the Mormon church? My word! If ever a religion was based on a flimsier premise.

You say "Romney is a Mormon" like there's something inherently wrong with that.

Mormons believe that Joseph Smith, Jr. translated the Book of Mormon into English by divine inspiration from golden plates that he received from the angel macaroni Moroni.

Mormons gullible people of the early 1800's believe that the Book of Mormon is another scriptural witness of Jesus Christ.

You guys have to watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=303e6Cn65Ko

Actually, no. They'd all be speaking Dutch. After all, English became the national language of the US by beating Dutch by one vote.

Actually, no. They'd all be speaking Dutch. After all, English became the national language of the US by beating Dutch by one vote.

I was referring to the war between the British and the French prior to the War of Independence

I was referring to the war between the British and the French prior to the War of Independence

My vote is for Spanish. They'll get there in the end.

Guest popoff

i think that i will never see

a poem lovely as a tree

a tree that will in summer wear

a nest of robins in her hair.

....last time my carer sang that to me a famous auther snuffed it.

how do you like those apples.?

That'll teach me to respond to anything when I have a massive headache.

So I'll shut up now (cause I still have that headache).