Star Crossed

Judy Finnegan

I have only seen the Richard & Judy show once; this morning, around 04:30. Now, I haven't seen Judy Finnegan on the telly for a number of years, but the woman whom I just saw looked a little... peaky.

Despite her visible Delirium Tremens, and some facial baggage that she could smuggle drugs in, I was pleased to see that, unlike so many older female tv stars, Judy has not succumbed to the vanity-knife. Nor, it would appear, has she given in to the ubiquitous craze for exercise and healthy nutrition.

I, for one, hope Judy continues to grow old gracefully, not wasting precious energy desperately fighting a losing war against entropy.

I have two things to say.

First

What drugs are you on??

Second

It's like her face is decomposing as she is alive. It's one of the most disturbing images of a human face that I have seen in a long time.

Look at the neck - skin is hanging over the shirt' my god ... and I have to go to bed in a half hour.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_N4F0HrzJhwg/RpURm7...wan+Ct.+007.jpg

The female celebritiy.

Criticised for injecting chemicals in to her face, and having plastic surgery.

Criticised for growing old gracefully.

Is there any middle ground?

Yes there is a middle ground. It is called growing old gracefully. Plenty of people do it and I don't see too many complaints about it.

Not having a telly I haven't seen poor Judy for many years and after seeing that picture I think you are confusing growing old gracefully with alcoholic bag lady chic.

Yeah, but is she - like - gonna die soon? Don't think so.

I have only seen the Richard & Judy show once;

that's the show with the reasonable-seeming early 50 something guy, and his mum, right?

For those of us who have followed TV's own R&J for some years (albeit at a safe distance), is anyone else amused by their wine club?

Expert - of course, the 2005 Burgundy is a classic; the only problem is that it won't be in peak condition for twenty years.

Richard - she'll be dead then. Where can I steal some?

Judy - F*ck, I've dropped me turps...

Bit of a tough deal on Richard. He's almost a decade younger and in good health. He might be regretting this once Judy's pancreas finally gives up the ghost...

Bit of a tough deal on Richard. He's almost a decade younger and in good health. He might be regretting this once Judy's pancreas finally gives up the ghost...

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but it is more suggestive of a pre-emptive statement for getting off if he (or she) bumps the other off if they fall ill ("It is what they wanted"). Goes to trial, gets off, does the TV chat show circuit looking grieved, writes a book, moves in with a much younger hotty. Job done!

I'm glad you guys can make humour out of this. To me it's a sign of what a shit boring and just plain weird country we live in at the moment..... well, definitely a sign of what a weird media we have, with really fucking annoying priorities, anyway:

People who used to have a TV show but no-one gives a shit about them any more announce "We're like, well into group suicide and stuff!" and they get headline coverage.

Fuck off!

I'm glad you guys can make humour out of this. To me it's a sign of what a shit boring and just plain weird country we live in at the moment..... well, definitely a sign of what a weird media we have, with really fucking annoying priorities, anyway:

People who used to have a TV show but no-one gives a shit about them any more announce "We're like, well into group suicide and stuff!" and they get headline coverage.

Fuck off!

I can understand your frustration at this but you have to understand that Richard & Judy effectively created the Middle England, Middle Morning banal TV format that results in programmes like the One Show. I find them arrogant and rather self important but someone has bothered to interview them and then to spin a story based on that one comment.

However the true cultural significance of this couple is the "I Saw Richard Madeley on a Bus" song - look it up.

Fuck off!

I can understand your frustration at this but you have to understand that Richard & Judy effectively created the Middle England, Middle Morning banal TV format that results in programmes like the One Show. I find them arrogant and rather self important but someone has bothered to interview them and then to spin a story based on that one comment.

However the true cultural significance of this couple is the "I Saw Richard Madeley on a Bus" song - look it up.

It's pointless to try and explain or anything or try to calm or comfort me in any way. I've been closely watching the news for way too many years now and I think the damage from it is as irreversible as a cheap raincoat.

I realised yesterday when this came up - "I've got to stop putting the news on first thing when I wake up...." cos I only just defeated the urge to throw a 9ft tall wardrobe at my TV when I saw it.

I think it's also this issue though, and how they keep going on about end of life issues etc. May sound weird for someone who posts on Deathlist but I get sick of hearing about all the old people who are boo-hooing because they haven't got the balls/sense to just get on a flight to Switzerland, they insist on having the legal right to do it here, boo the fuck hoo.....

Fuck off!

It's pointless to try and explain or anything or try to calm or comfort me in any way. I've been closely watching the news for way too many years now and I think the damage from it is as irreversible as a cheap raincoat.

I realised yesterday when this came up - "I've got to stop putting the news on first thing when I wake up...." cos I only just defeated the urge to throw a 9ft tall wardrobe at my TV when I saw it.

I think it's also this issue though, and how they keep going on about end of life issues etc. May sound weird for someone who posts on Deathlist but I get sick of hearing about all the old people who are boo-hooing because they haven't got the balls/sense to just get on a flight to Switzerland, they insist on having the legal right to do it here, boo the fuck hoo.....

We could be getting into the serious debating arena here but in someways getting on a flight to Switzerland could also open up a partner, friend or medical professional to the accusation that they assisted their suicide even if it is by buying the ticket. I do not think the law should be changed because in the current situation every case is investigated but a the discretion of the police/judge or CPS genuine compassionate cases can be given the benefit of the doubt.

If the law were changed I fear that elderly or ill people may feel under pressure to 'let everyone get on with their lives"

On the news front abandon the TV and switch to Radio 4 it is much less irritating.

Fuck off!

We could be getting into the serious debating arena here but in someways getting on a flight to Switzerland could also open up a partner, friend or medical professional to the accusation that they assisted their suicide even if it is by buying the ticket. I do not think the law should be changed because in the current situation every case is investigated but a the discretion of the police/judge or CPS genuine compassionate cases can be given the benefit of the doubt.

If the law were changed I fear that elderly or ill people may feel under pressure to 'let everyone get on with their lives"

On the news front abandon the TV and switch to Radio 4 it is much less irritating.

Yeah I don't want to get a huge debate about it or anything. Usually I will defend older people to the hilt and hate people like Simon Cowell who declare 31 year olds to be OAPs.

But I don't plan on dying for a long long fucking time so I don't want my TV to be filled with shit about death pacts and whatnot. I just want you to report when an old person does something interesting or dies.

I saw Richard Madeley with a rucksack outside the Co-op in Looe once.

I saw Richard Madeley with a rucksack outside the Co-op in Looe once.

Corker of an anecdote, there.

• Like 1

I saw Richard Madeley holding his nut sack outside the Co-op in Looe once.

EFA

• Like 3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3601318/TV-favourites-Richard-Madeley-Judy-Finnigan-look-casual-enjoy-day-together.html

Judy Finnegan looks unwell. I hate this paper. No need whatsoever to publish these photographs.

To be fair Lardy they said her t-shirt was form fitting and omitted to mention she'd formed outwards to fit its complete volume.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3601318/TV-favourites-Richard-Madeley-Judy-Finnigan-look-casual-enjoy-day-together.html

Judy Finnegan looks unwell. I hate this paper. No need whatsoever to publish these photographs.

She looks as if she's either had a stroke or is suffering from Bell's Palsy. There's certainly something wrong with the left side (in the photos) side of her face.

• Like 1

She looks as if she's either had a stroke or is suffering from Bell's Palsy. There's certainly something wrong with the left side (in the photos) side of her face.

That's not Bell's Palsy it more a case of Celebrity's Pissed-Off (a condition often experienced in the presence of a "pap" photographer)

• Like 1

This looks more like myasthenia gravis then a stroke or BP..

Source: neurologist with 10+ years exp.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8281801/Richard-Madeley-reveals-wife-Judy-Finnegan-12-week-quarantine-letter.html

Husband Richard Madeley reveals that his wife Judy is amongst the 1.8 million people classed as vulnerable who received a shielding letter from the government telling her to stay indoors for 3 months. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8281801/Richard-Madeley-reveals-wife-Judy-Finnegan-12-week-quarantine-letter.html

Husband Richard Madeley reveals that his wife Judy is amongst the 1.8 million people classed as vulnerable who received a shielding letter from the government telling her to stay indoors for 3 months. 

Intresting.

Is he implying it's Kidney or Asthma for her.