Sign in to follow this  
Saint Peter

Bobby Fischer

Chess legend Bobby Fischer has died.

I was still waiting for the return match. At 64 you would of thought he still had few moves up his sleeve.

I was still waiting for the return match. At 64 you would of thought he still had few moves up his sleeve.

There are 64 squares on a chessboard. No surprise.

How appropriate :banghead:

Hmm, he really turned out to be a full-on nut job. Whenever someone asks his stylist for the Unibomber look

893.jpg

he should probably be placed under 24 hour surveillance. An excellent death on any number of levels, and well done to whomever picked him in the DDP.

it is a shame that we missed out on him.

I didn't realise he was that ill, physically I mean..

Well done to Redmyst XX for their unique choice, which should garner a few points. Seems as if Bobby has played his last game of chess, with Death... :banghead:

I've been obsessed with chess recently - it keeps me so occupied and it's one of the few games that actually involve the real usage of ones mind. I was almost on a ten game winning streak.

Anyway who ever selected Fischer for DDP clearly made the right move.

I had dinner with Bobby in New York once, it took him two hours to pass the salt.

Well done to Redmyst XX for their unique choice, which should garner a few points. Seems as if Bobby has played his last game of chess, with Death... :banghead:

Indeed, I can't say that I ever saw this death coming. Well done Redmyst XX, I post whore/tip my hat to you.

Indeed, I can't say that I ever saw this death coming. Well done Redmyst XX, I post whore/tip my hat to you.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing...

Despite your longevity here at DL, you're still acting like that annoying ratbag who seems to turn up at every party; the one who is compelled to explain people's jokes and generally chip his $0.02-worth into every conversation he can overhear. Every time you post, it's in a little flurry of maybe 5 or 6 posts in rapid succession; mainly just obsequious, needless little ditto-posts like the one above. You're reminiscent of a smack addict with a £30 wrap and and a new roll of tin-foil... you can't stop until it's gone, even if it takes all night.

Buck up, CP. Try just posting when you've actually got something to say, not because you're working to a quota.

Bobby Fischer was a chess player. I never thought he'd die so soon. He certainly wasn't on my DDP. RIP Bobby. I hope wherever you are, you're still the King of the Castling. etc.

I've been obsessed with chess recently - it keeps me so occupied and it's one of the few games that actually involve the real usage of ones mind. I was almost on a ten game winning streak.

Who were you playing? Noddy?

Anyway who ever selected Fischer for DDP clearly made the right move.

I was almost on a ten game winning streak once but lost the first game. Apparently Queens are important.

Despite your longevity here at DL, you're still acting like that annoying ratbag who seems to turn up at every party; the one who is compelled to explain people's jokes and generally chip his $0.02-worth into every conversation he can overhear. Every time you post, it's in a little flurry of maybe 5 or 6 posts in rapid succession; mainly just obsequious, needless little ditto-posts like the one above. You're reminiscent of a smack addict with a £30 wrap and and a new roll of tin-foil... you can't stop until it's gone, even if it takes all night.

Buck up, CP. Try just posting when you've actually got something to say, not because you're working to a quota.

Bobby Fischer was a chess player. I never thought he'd die so soon. He certainly wasn't on my DDP. RIP Bobby. I hope wherever you are, you're still the King of the Castling. etc.

Actually, the last time I checked, I didn't post that often for months before the New Year, and most people have found my posts either informative or entertaining. In fact, a simple trek through my past post history proves you wrong again, as usual. I'm glad you took a break from raping children to come back and post on DL, so that you can act like a big man in front of your wife to prove that you're not impotent to her womanly passions anymore, and that you can still pick a good fight on the ol' internet, and that maybe now she can stop giving handjobs to hobos just for some sexual excitement. We all appreciate it here, and I know little Timmy's sore anus certainly does as well.

Guest Little Timmy

Actually, the last time I checked, I didn't post that often for months before the New Year, and most people have found my posts either informative or entertaining. In fact, a simple trek through my past post history proves you wrong again, as usual. I'm glad you took a break from raping children to come back and post on DL, so that you can act like a big man in front of your wife to prove that you're not impotent to her womanly passions anymore, and that you can still pick a good fight on the ol' internet, and that maybe now she can stop giving handjobs to hobos just for some sexual excitement. We all appreciate it here, and I know little Timmy's sore anus certainly does as well.

Owww!!!

Indeed, I ... post whore

You're reminiscent of a smack addict with a £30 wrap and and a new roll of tin-foil... you can't stop until it's gone, even if it takes all night.

Bobby Fischer was ... King of the Castling. etc.

... you took a break from raping children to come back and post on DL, so that you can act like a big man in front of your wife to prove that you're not impotent to her womanly passions anymore, and that you can still pick a good fight on the ol' internet, and that maybe now she can stop giving handjobs to hobos just for some sexual excitement. We all appreciate it here, and I know little Timmy's sore anus certainly does as well.

Owww!!!

Hush now and bite that pillow, you wretched urchin!

All of a sudden the death of chess legend Bobby Fischer has spawned a very argumentative feud and even as Canadian Paul didn't need to post the death of 'Brad Renfro twice' for example he is still very informative and nobody can take that away from him.

Now Star Crossed I enjoy reading your posts 'they are creative' 'they are very malicious' 'they usually consist of a very narcotic perspective that amounts to very cruel humor' but you went to far on this one man. There is nothing wrong with addressing a problem but I think you went OD this time. The line where you say 'only post when you really have something to say' should have been your only line.