Crispy

Pat "bomber" Roach

Hopefully that will put paid to another series of Auf Wiedersehn Pet

why are they always "brave" if they've got cancer? Doesn't seem very brave to me, more likely he just smoked a few thousand packs of fags too many.

Guest Andy Dunn

Just what, exactly, have any of you scumbags contributed to the enjoyment of others (by others I mean none-sick bastards like you must be)? Pat Roach has entertained and brightened the days of many of us. You must be real sad w**nkers to get fulfillment out of spending your time on crap bulletin boards like this. Get a life.

Thanx for your well thought out comments Andy.

Although its a little unusual - you have unfortunately missed the point of DeathList.

You will note that there have been discussions about Ian Huntley/Ma><ine Carr, Sadaam Hussein, Ian Brady etc etc. I didnt see your complaints when we suggested that those chirpy characters might be candidates to die in the near future.

Anyway the site was Guardian "Site of the Day" a few years ago so it must be ok :lol:

Dont you think there's some irony in you going to the effort of posting to the board to call us sick bastards and sad w**nkers??

Thanks for your contribution and enjoy the rest of your wholesome life!

Guest Andy Dunn

The only reason I accessed your site, was that it came up in the search results I received on a Google search for Pat Roach and I noticed the cancer quote. When I ended up here I read the topic entries and felt that I wanted to vent my feelings to you. I returned today to see if anyone had replied. As for your forum having posted topics one Huntley, Hindley and the like, I have no sentiments of sympathy for any of them, and, like most of your contributors, probably share the same opinions that they should not still be be breathing. As for this topic, I see no fulfillment to be gained from expressing morbid flippant remarks about a person who has committed no foul deed as far as I am aware, and, as I have said has brought entertainment and joy to many people.

As for the other points of your reply:- is there a salient point to this forum? Is a vote of applause from the Guardian really something to be proud of, and does that really make this site "OK"? There is no irony of me going to all this trouble to let you know how sad you are. Maybe irony will turn upon you and your members - who will be the first of you to appear as a topic? As for me enjoying the rest of my wholesome life, I hope I do. As a point of interest, just exactly how wholesome is your life? What do you contribute to the well being of this nation and your fellow man? I am available to discuss this further, should you wish to meet personally. Let me know.

OK Andy - I see that the Google links might cause confusion at times. If you didnt see the main www.deathlist.net page then you may not have appreciated the context of the messages.

The site is basically a prediction site of celebrities who might die in the next year and is entertaining to some - whether you feel that they have a twisted sense of humour or not. I acknowledge that some people may find it in poor taste but then there's plenty of rubbish on the net and elsewhere in much poorer taste.

I dont believe there's much benefit in any further discussion of the point or any other points youve raised.

The primary objective of the site not to offend but its subject matter may occasionally cause offence to some. I'm not sure the same can be said of your original posting but we'll note you down as a disgruntled visitor and leave it at that.

Well he has a point, I mean what hasn't been Guardian Web Site of the Day

When I become terminally ill I hope that I'll be famous enough to be nominated as a candidate on the Death List. It's tricky to achieve anything constructive by dying otherwise.

Mr Stats

(Thinking of running for parliament or something)

Guest Arnold

Andy,

I can understand that some may be offended by the material posted here. Black humour always tends to. But I don't believe it is malevolent in its intenet or motivated by any malice. Indeed, some of us may have even nominated our heros for the list. We don't WISH them to die, but merely accept the inevitable - that one day, our old friend armed with his trusty scythe, will whisk them off. It is the gambling on when that inevitability will take place and the taboos associated with such a game which entertains this part of the admittedly peurile part of my mind.

And as you bring up the subject, I can say unblushingly, that when my time comes, there will be at least one broadsheet obit and several tabloid versions. If Mr Reaper (I) gives me sufficient warning, I will lobby hard for my inclusion on the list, armed with numerous press cuttings to support my case and will be immensely cheered if the committee thinks I warrant a decent slot.

Regrettably, my family genes dictate that I will probably be felled by a sudden and unexpected heart attack and my ambition will never be achieved.

Some people just think it is funnier (and maybe heathier) to laugh in the face of Mr Reaper(I).

So as the old RFC song goes, "Hurrah for the next man who dies!"

Guest Jack Black

Disrespectful geeks

Guest Arnold

Pat Roach failing fast

Good...How old is he ?..

Just found that he's in his early 60's...Thought he was older...

Guest Archie Medis

He has officially gone to that great building site in the sky.

Hasn't quite caught up yet ...

http://www.patroach.co.uk/

So much for that Health & Nutrition link !

:D

Guest iain_smith

Pat Roach died today,aged 67.He wil be very sadly missed.

According to the Scotsman on Sunday:

Tributes last night flooded in for the star, who was revealed to be fighting cancer in January this year. The cast and crew of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, currently filming a two-part special in Thailand, said: "We are completely heartbroken and our hearts and condolences go out to Pat’s family."

Do you think they each said it individually, or all in unison to save time?

:angel:

It's too easy. They're even writing the headlines for us...

Franc Roddam, creator and executive producer of the hit show, added: "This really is Auf Wiedersehen, Pat."

[scotsman] :angel:

Guest Deano

If he witheld the info about him having Cancer then howcome I knew 3 years ago?

Top actor who will always be remembered by me for sure.

Auf Wiedersehen Pet....class. ;)

If he witheld the info about him having Cancer then howcome I knew 3 years ago?

Do you have inside information on anyone else that you would like to share with us? Nominations for 2005 are being gathered now ;)

Guest Stuey

To Mr Stats

There was nothing wrong with any of the series of AWP.

The first 2 series were spot on when they were made back inthe 80 and i thought (with the excpetion of the Cuban series) that series 3 & 4 were as good for the time they were done.

To Crispy...

Why should people not keep medical conditions to themselves..... if i were on the way to another parish i wouldn't want everyone knowing why/when/how ... especially if i were in the public eye.

To Cowboy Ronnie

Pat Roach did not smoke... he was a sports entertainer (wrestler) before you were born boy, he knew what it was like to be fit, he understood the need for a healthy lifestyle.. especially in the sports industry, just like Giant Haystacks... got taken by the cancer and never smoked either.

Sounds to me like you folks are either jealous of his success or just plain stupid.

To the losers thank you for your time. :(

Nice to see that Stuey has escaped from the clutches of Michelle long enough to pen a missive informing us that we are all losers.........

Guest Rit
OK Andy - I see that the Google links might cause confusion at times. If you didnt see the main www.deathlist.net page then you may not have appreciated the context of the messages.

The site is basically a prediction site of celebrities who might die in the next year and is entertaining to some - whether you feel that they have a twisted sense of humour or not. I acknowledge that some people may find it in poor taste but then there's plenty of rubbish on the net and elsewhere in much poorer taste.

I dont believe there's much benefit in any further discussion of the point or any other points youve raised.

The primary objective of the site not to offend but its subject matter may occasionally cause offence to some. I'm not sure the same can be said of your original posting but we'll note you down as a disgruntled visitor and leave it at that.

I too am a fan of Pat Roach, and the Auf Wiedersehen Pet series. I also come from the Birmingham area (more precisely I am from Staffordshire). I also find some of the comments made on this site more than a little unsavoury and unecessary. To find entertainment in other peoples' misfortunes and bereaving, is unholy and completely unjust. Should any of you have close family and relatives, and I were to mock and joke about their deaths, or betting on them dying, I would guess that you may not be very pleased.

Just because someone is famous for doing something, does not make them inhuman. They too have family, and that family would be appalled to read such comments and see the enjoyment taken from the beloved ones passing on.

And as for "Site of the Day" from the Guardian? Is this the same Guardian who supported The Labour Party for so long? The same one that revelled in Tony Blair's success? The same Tony Blair who sent our armed forces to fight a war that we had nothing to do with? The same Guardian who supported Miss Thatcher (let's face it... they change their opinions more than West Bromwich Albion change division)? You need to actually all get a "life" and find something useful to do. You are all probably nothing but lazy dole bludgers who continue to bleed this country dry.

Hey have we been mentioned in "Site of the day"?

Dole bludger (nice word, by the way, well done)? Excuse me, but I pay my taxes and what do I get in return? A F*****g wheelie bin.