Vinegar Tits

Heath Ledger

Actor Heath Ledger found dead in his Manhattan apartment, reported by the BBC. Cause of death unknown as yet though News 24 are reporting it as, surprise surprise, drug related.

Heath Ledger found dead, reported by the BBC. More to follow... apols if already been reported on here.

Link

Actor Heath Ledger found dead in his Manhattan apartment, reported by the BBC. Cause of death unknown as yet though News 24 are reporting it as, surprise surprise, drug related.

Yet Winehouse and Doherty live on....

Two twentysomething actors dead in a week.

Hollywood's a tough ol' town... :)

Yep it is a shame he was quite a good actor and quite a good looking one might I add.It is a waste.

Deadly Fairy

Yet Winehouse and Doherty live on....

Along with Britney. :)

Yep it is a shame he was quite a good actor and quite a good looking one might I add.It is a waste.

Deadly Fairy

Every year I t ry to think of some random person to use as my DDP joker. Why can I think of people like this? :)

It's because he'd just played his joker. :)

Heath Ledger's a pretty big death, esp. with the Batman movie coming out this summer. He deserves his own thread. I'll try to move the earlier posts from the Dead of 2008, but if I can't can a clever mod please do so.

[Don't know about the clever mod bit - just an infrequent visitor happy to help - Teddy]

They say these things happen in threes, so after Brad Renfro and now this, can the likes of Zac Efron and McCauley Caulkin consder themselves safe?

Was he really that famous? I had heard the name but wouldn't have been able to put a face to it and it was a while before I linked him to Brokeback Mountain. Don't know what all the fuss is about to be honest and "Deaths of 2008" thread aside, isn't this site to discuss people who might die and not those who are already dead? And don't get me started on all the "but he was so pretty" crap. Why does it always come down to looks?

Was he really that famous? I had heard the name but wouldn't have been able to put a face to it and it was a while before I linked him to Brokeback Mountain. Don't know what all the fuss is about to be honest and "Deaths of 2008" thread aside, isn't this site to discuss people who might die and not those who are already dead? And don't get me started on all the "but he was so pretty" crap. Why does it always come down to looks?

Never heard of James Dean then...

I'd agree with all of that, this really doesn't hit me as being much of a much at all.

I'd agree with all of that, this really doesn't hit me as being much of a much at all.

But he was on 'Home And Away' !!!

uh, Heath Ledger was nominated for an Oscar for Brokeback Mountain, is playing the Joker in the next Batman film, was in Monster's Ball, A Knight's Tale and quite few other (mostly crap) films. He was engaged to and had a kid with Michelle Williams out of Dawson's Creek, who was also in Brokeback. He was not American, and died in an apparent suicide overdose aged 28. His death is the top story on msnbc at the moment. This is big news.

Never heard of James Dean then...

Yes, but I'm not a fan.

With 2007 arguably being the year of Old People deaths I wonder whether 2008 will end up being the year of Young Actor deaths? It's certainly shaping up to be.

God, I sound like iain there :)

So what did he kill himself or was it an overdose? I don't know much about this actor but suicide seems to be the solution for the mentally ill but more and more you have to blame the local CVS. People are getting this after that combined with prescriptions and abusing them in every way possible and all of a sudden they are getting sick from it and to get better they pop a few more... cough .. and a handful after that ''' YOUR DEAD''' and it's not a winning situation.

With 2007 arguably being the year of Old People deaths I wonder whether 2008 will end up being the year of Young Actor deaths? It's certainly shaping up to be.

God, I sound like iain there :)

If only Winehouse, Doherty, Spears or Lohan will oblige a trifecta. Renfro and Ledger were actually talented, however, so I suppose it will be someone like Orlando Bloom who completes it.

Seems a shame, though I can't really judge until more is known. ;)

It is really unbelievable when they have those commercials where they introduce 'miracle drugs' that excel in one category of healing you but at the end of the commercial you hear the voice of an elderly man say 'This drug might not be for everyone it causes 'prostate problems 'headaches' 'vomiting' 'diarrhea' 'it makes you go blind' ... it also kills you ex

I mean the reason all these young people are croaking is because pharmacy drugs are being abused so my advice is only take medicine when you really need it - not just for the hell of it. Your better off talking with ecstasy dealers or dealers who possess exceptional mango\blueberry haze. The mysterious guy who is always outside your supermarket.

Guest TwistedAround

I've heard everything from hard drugs to sleeping pills. .. Was found naked, though.

Either way, he made mention of having trouble to sleep while filimg a previous recent film and Dark Knight. Goes hand-in-hand? Possibly. Nothing about suicide. He's got a two year old daughter for hell's sake.

I'm waiting for more news to come out.

Guest Guest_Anonymous_*

You probably had the sam disliking disliking with Marlon Brando, Orson Welles, Kirk Douglas and so on, if they died young.

The problem that stars have with dying young is that they haven't had the time too get asteblished in the films world.

Would Brando for instants be so popular if he died just after On The Waterfront (Probably Not).

It excually makes you not able too judge over what could have been.

P.S. Is complaining about looks and other forms of matarialism not a little bit hypocritical ON THIS SITE.

R.I.P. James Dean, Brandon Lee, River Phoenix, Brad Renfro and Heath Ledger

Guest Guest_Anonymous_*

You probably had the sam disliking disliking with Marlon Brando, Orson Welles, Kirk Douglas and so on, if they died young.

The problem that stars have with dying young is that they haven't had the time too get asteblished in the films world.

Would Brando for instants be so popular if he died just after On The Waterfront (Probably Not).

It excually makes you not able too judge over what could have been.

P.S. Is complaining about looks and other forms of matarialism not a little bit hypocritical ON THIS SITE.

R.I.P. James Dean, Brandon Lee, River Phoenix, Brad Renfro and Heath Ledger

the sam disliking disliking with = the same disliking with

Sorry for not proof reading my text before I posted it.