The Miser

Paul Newman

Sometimes when you see faces behind the masks you realize that your eyes are worth more then your perception. I'm just an attraction. It's insanity that must die. It's all coming crystal clear to me now.

Paul Newman has stopped his chemotherapy treatment and been given weeks to live.

Obviously, I don't know Paul Newman, and I obviously will never know or meet him, but I said some very harsh things about him (inadvertently to be honest) on another thread (2009 Predictions) and I was called out for it (deservedly). I actually felt bad for those comments and wish I could somehow apologize to him. Yeah, I know it sounds pathetic even by Internet standards, but I do genuinely like him as an actor (even moreso than Charlton Heston).

Part of me hates to see him go because he is a cinematic legend and one of the most talented movie stars ever. Yet, a part of me also believes that it is time for him to go (if what the report above says is true).

Paul Newman has stopped his chemotherapy treatment and been given weeks to live.

Obviously, I don't know Paul Newman, and I obviously will never know or meet him, but I said some very harsh things about him (inadvertently to be honest) on another thread (2009 Predictions) and I was called out for it (deservedly). I actually felt bad for those comments and wish I could somehow apologize to him. Yeah, I know it sounds pathetic even by Internet standards, but I do genuinely like him as an actor (even moreso than Charlton Heston).

Part of me hates to see him go because he is a cinematic legend and one of the most talented movie stars ever. Yet, a part of me also believes that it is time for him to go (if what the report above says is true).

Thank you for clarifying your point of view. I'm sure Paul will finally find peace when he hears of your contrition. When we last spoke, he did mention that your unkind comments have been a source of much torment to him... :skill2:

• Like 1

Shame for him as he is a great actor...

Shame for us as it looks like we miss out on a biggie in 2009... :skill2:

Thank you for clarifying your point of view. I'm sure Paul will finally find peace when he hears of your contrition. When we last spoke, he did mention that your unkind comments have been a source of much torment to him... :skill2:

For better or worse, I have that effect on people, especially celebrities.

You should see how Fidel Castro feels after I've said so many unkind words about him.

You should see how Fidel Castro feels after I've said so many unkind words about him.

You believe in karma or something.

The true mindset which exists in this world is one of that does not inflict guilt upon those who observe a process in time.

If you keep you're mind open, It will come.

You believe in karma.

The true mindset which exists in this world is one of that does not inflict guilt upon those who observe a process in time.

If you keep you're mind open, It will come.

Sorry BS, but that's not karma. I will admit that I don't understand the next two sentences, however.

Hey BC, why don't you say some nasty things about Osama bin Laden?

Even more news stories about Paul Newman, and now they're saying he only has "weeks to live". I suspect it's true.

Timing is everything for an actor, and now he's making an entrance in perfect time for the CPDP, a crowd pleaser to the end, then.

Timing is everything for an actor, and now he's making an entrance in perfect time for the CPDP, a crowd pleaser to the end, then.

I also sticked him in for CPDP. He's going on my DDP for next year.

He's going on my DDP for next year.

Hmmm, ambitious IMHO, very doubtful he'll see Christmas.

He's doomed.

This snippet came from one of his best friends from the motor racing side (and in other words, a pretty reliable source) & after his visit to Lime Rock, his long association with motor racing is now finished. Looks like he'll be around a couple of weeks more if that. Great shame, but it's been coming I'm afraid.

Aug 13, 2008

Lime Rock Park was closed down for an hour and half today to honor Paul Newman. He was attended

by his family, close friends, Skip Barber, mechanics on his race team, and those who happened to be at

the track. PLN toured the track in his Corvette racecar with his Buick V8 powered Volvo station wagon

following. He had come to say goodbye. Diagnosed with terminal cancer he is not expected to live beyond September. Race driver, actor, humanitarian, family man and friend; they did not come any better."

To lose Newman & Heston in the same year is a pretty bad deal for Hollywood's history fans.

Paul Newman asked to keep his legacy from eBay

Terminally ill American film and philanthropy icon Paul Newman is being asked NOT to allow any of his memorabilia to be sold on E-Bay because the company's monopolistic and unfair business practices are stinging its most loyal sellers.

Died today, aged 83.

Thanks Arnold...

What a brilliant actor he was... :ph34r:

What've got here. Is a failure...to resperate. Some men just can't breath. So you get what we have here today, which is the way death wants it...well, he gets it. Paul don't like it any more then you men.

Died today, aged 83.

Thanks Arnold...

What a brilliant actor he was... :ph34r:

Indeed, he made the humble boiled egg into a childhood horror for me. Still, better than monsters under the bed :)

Sir, I salute you.

A true legend. The kind of star we don't get anymore. Plus I like his hickory BBQ sauce. Very tasty, even straight out of the bottle. RIP.

I wonder how long Joanne Woodward will hang on for now...

Guest Richard Goodyer

Well take a look, Paul Newman is now dead.

What a sad loss.

Thank you Paul Newman for your wonderful contributions. You have truly raised the bar for Hollywood actors. We will all miss you. You remain a truly extraordinary actor and you have left a legacy that will be cherished for generations of cinema fans. One of the very best actors of any generation is gone.

I have some of his salad dressing but it tasted a bit off today, now I know why.