stuartfanning

Barry Morse

According to his official homepage, it is true. Too bad, a wonderfully excellent actor and the fifth CPDP "miss".

Indeed, a great shame, and a real surprise, for he seemed really active for his age. I dropped him from the CPDP for Maurice Strong, and still have no regrets about that decision, this news notwithstanding.

An unique hit for Little Miss Snuffitt on the DDP.

Although I have updated the website, I can't send out e-mails at the moment due to a problem with the server. I hope I can fix it soon, otherwise I'm going to be waaaaay behind.

:D

Funny, I was only thinking about him the other day and wondered what he was doing... :D

Shouldn't this be in the "bring out your dead" thread?

What is the level of fame needed to have ones own thread?

Unless he invented Morse code I doubt he's famous enough.

What is the level of fame needed to have one's own thread?

You're right YIA, Morse doesn't deserve his own thread, unlike legends such as Edmund Hillary or Mollie Sugden. Also I notice people are starting threads with obscure names that should be in the ideas and possibilities thread, shows a lack of discipline and poor judgement.

Also I notice people are starting threads with obscure names that should be in the ideas and possibilities thread, shows a lack of discipline and poor judgment.

I've always had that insecurity of not knowing 'Well is he an ideas and possibilities?' or does he deserve his own thread? My best guess would be that decision lies within the selfishness and the ego of the poster. For example: A common candidate who gets unbelievable media coverage deserves his own thread based on the quality of discussion he could bring. Still, the overall judgment is from the poster who is likely to invest a thread not based on entertainment, but his personal interest.

You're right YIA, Morse doesn't deserve his own thread, unlike legends such as Edmund Hillary or Mollie Sugden. Also I notice people are starting threads with obscure names that should be in the ideas and possibilities thread, shows a lack of discipline and poor judgement.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I'm wondering why the complaint has arisen just now? People have been creating threads for already dead people since before I got on here. I just sort of thought that it was accepted and just decided not to do it myself.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I'm wondering why the complaint has arisen just now? People have been creating threads for already dead people since before I got on here. I just sort of thought that it was accepted and just decided not to do it myself.

To answer your question CP, I just felt like complaining at that particular moment. It didn't do much good since someone then started a thread on Kevin Stoney who had already been covered in the proper place. Sometimes it's good to start a thread on a dead person - something like the shooting of John Lennon, for example - so it shouldn't be a hard and fast rule but there's a time when it's right and a time when it's not; mostly it's not. It's like farting in the living room.