maryportfuncity

Bridgend Swingers Club

There's a thread elsewhere about the lack of action amongst the newbies, suggesting - perhaps - they lack the quality of a few of the old timers. Clocking your post above Kaylia I have to say, you are DEFINITELY ONE OF US.

Tarry awhile and stay sick!

Fair point Mary.

Hopefully others will follow.

Looking back on this thread, I do wonder what happened to The Pooka.

That fellow was fuggin class!

Did he used to live in Bridgend?

Just had a quick look at his profile, he hasn't been on here for in almost a year, and he does list suicide amongst his interests....

I thought it was only drive-by ranters who thought people on this site were 'sick'. I'm not sick. And I have to be perfectly honest, and I'm probably feeling a tad sensitive right now, but guessing when celebrities are going to cark it is one thing, guessing which desperately sad, anonymous little girl is going to hang themselves because they're being bullied is quite another. Am I being hypocritical? Quite probably.

Yeah, well it's a thin line we all tread Lardy so you're not alone. Famously the difference between curiousity and voyeurism is in the mind of the individual. I love the grim humour of this whole business but I think we'd be inhuman if we didn't have the odd twinge about some aspects.

For example, it's a personal thing but I'm avoiding putting my money where my skills are and entering cash4cadavers, which is only like other deadpools, but with a cash prize. That's distasteful IMHO, but I LOVE the jokes thread hereabouts. Inconsistent I know, but WTF?

I can just about justify the rest on the basis that anyone coming here and hanging around can soon see what they are getting into. As for the rest, we're only doing what people have done for as long as anyone can recall. I guess I knew I was 'different' to other folks when it came to humour the day I laughed out loud, aged about eight, at a story on the local news about two ambulance staff, (there were no 'paramedics' then), being disciplined because they'd had a bet with each other on how long it would take a terribly injured patient to pass out.

I don't feel good about the odd drive-by ranter who unleashes genuine hurt in our direction because s/he knows someone being discussed. But then, I'm conscious I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to cruising the lower leagues for fringe players - i.e. ordinary people stumbing into the spotlight and liable to get a short write up on death. That's just my competitive instinct over-riding my morals. Though, I'm with Lardy on this, if it's the teenage girl down the road and she's thinking suicide is better than another day being bullied......NOT GOOD!

Yeah, well it's a thin line we all tread Lardy so you're not alone. Famously the difference between curiousity and voyeurism is in the mind of the individual. I love the grim humour of this whole business but I think we'd be inhuman if we didn't have the odd twinge about some aspects.

For example, it's a personal thing but I'm avoiding putting my money where my skills are and entering cash4cadavers, which is only like other deadpools, but with a cash prize. That's distasteful IMHO, but I LOVE the jokes thread hereabouts. Inconsistent I know, but WTF?

I can just about justify the rest on the basis that anyone coming here and hanging around can soon see what they are getting into. As for the rest, we're only doing what people have done for as long as anyone can recall. I guess I knew I was 'different' to other folks when it came to humour the day I laughed out loud, aged about eight, at a story on the local news about two ambulance staff, (there were no 'paramedics' then), being disciplined because they'd had a bet with each other on how long it would take a terribly injured patient to pass out.

I don't feel good about the odd drive-by ranter who unleashes genuine hurt in our direction because s/he knows someone being discussed. But then, I'm conscious I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to cruising the lower leagues for fringe players - i.e. ordinary people stumbing into the spotlight and liable to get a short write up on death. That's just my competitive instinct over-riding my morals. Though, I'm with Lardy on this, if it's the teenage girl down the road and she's thinking suicide is better than another day being bullied......NOT GOOD!

Respect to you Mary, you have put into words exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't find the right way of saying it. Thanks :blink:

Since we are on the topic, there have not been many young suicides in Fraserburgh for some strange reason. A couple of years ago some guy who was the same age as me killed himself. I did know him, and hung (no pun intended) with a cousin of his. We basically made no end of jokes about it.

When I was at school I was accused of being rather sick and striking below the belt on one occassion. A guy in my year was involved in a car crash - his friend died at the wheel, and he was lucky to be alive. Anyway, I got on with the survivor before the crash, but afterwards he was a complete asshole towards me - almost like the flick of a switch. Everybody was pandering to him because of what had happened.

Then one day, after he had treated me like a piece of shit again, I went in a rage saying (paraphrase): "I'm not standing for any more of his crap. I'm not going to pussy-foot around him just becuase he has taken a bash to the head...".

I thought it was a fair comment - my peer group disagreed. :blink:

Since we are on the topic, there have not been many young suicides in Fraserburgh for some strange reason. A couple of years ago some guy who was the same age as me killed himself. I did know him, and hung (no pun intended) with a cousin of his. We basically made no end of jokes about it.

When I was at school I was accused of being rather sick and striking below the belt on one occassion. A guy in my year was involved in a car crash - his friend died at the wheel, and he was lucky to be alive. Anyway, I got on with the survivor before the crash, but afterwards he was a complete asshole towards me - almost like the flick of a switch. Everybody was pandering to him because of what had happened.

Then one day, after he had treated me like a piece of shit again, I went in a rage saying (paraphrase): "I'm not standing for any more of his crap. I'm not going to pussy-foot around him just becuase he has taken a bash to the head...".

I thought it was a fair comment - my peer group disagreed. :blink:

I'm with you Windsor. Nowt wrong with that.

Give him another bash to the head for being a prick, just for good measure.

I thought it was only drive-by ranters who thought people on this site were 'sick'. I'm not sick. And I have to be perfectly honest, and I'm probably feeling a tad sensitive right now, but guessing when celebrities are going to cark it is one thing, guessing which desperately sad, anonymous little girl is going to hang themselves because they're being bullied is quite another. Am I being hypocritical? Quite probably.

Commendable sentiments Lardy. I've been a bit troubled recently as I'm well past the age when, according to your good self, I should have been banned from social networking sites, so much so that some people I know quite well and are obituary worthy are reaching that time of life when they become interesting slightly beyond my normal concern for their welfare. Rather like a Vampire licking its lips at the postman who's just cut himself, it's easy to start totting up the DDP points while inquiring a little too intimately and disingenuously about your friend's health. But I resist such notions and try to sift out from the reckoning those I might class as friends or acquaintances. So my ethics turn on the use of special knowledge and the inclusion of those I would class as nearest and dearest.

On that point, and we've discussed it before somewhere on here, I would be quite happy to enter in to a tontine with a bunch of friends. I wish they were legal. It would make growing old that much more stimulating.

Really sorry if I caused offence. To clarify, I have all the sympathy in the world for a young person who chooses to end his or her life because of bullying or any other form of abuse.

On that point, and we've discussed it before somewhere on here, I would be quite happy to enter in to a tontine with a bunch of friends. I wish they were legal. It would make growing old that much more stimulating.

I've always thought that the outlawing of tontines was done on a pretty shakey legal premise and that perhaps this law should now be repealed. I believe that Nick Clegg set up a website whereby member of the public could suggest changes to the statute books as part of his Great Reform Act...but I can't find it.

There's a thread elsewhere about the lack of action amongst the newbies, suggesting - perhaps - they lack the quality of a few of the old timers. Clocking your post above Kaylia I have to say, you are DEFINITELY ONE OF US.

Fair point Mary.

Just had a quick look at his profile, he hasn't been on here for in almost a year, and he does list suicide amongst his interests....

The Pooka is here - and he too wonders what happened to him........ long story. No I never lived in Bridgend - though the suicide cluster excited me. However, I suspect (give or take the odd imitation) that random events will lead to little pockets here and there. It happens with rare cancers. Lot of interest in Leukaemia in Ferndown once (10 miles away). Downwind from an atomic energy plant etc. But it was based on a total of 3 or 4 people - and was followed by ten years of zilch.

Fair point Mary.

The Pooka is here - and he too wonders what happened to him........ long story. No I never lived in Bridgend - though the suicide cluster excited me. However, I suspect (give or take the odd imitation) that random events will lead to little pockets here and there. It happens with rare cancers. Lot of interest in Leukaemia in Ferndown once (10 miles away). Downwind from an atomic energy plant etc. But it was based on a total of 3 or 4 people - and was followed by ten years of zilch.

..... though if you've ever been to Ferndown you may suspect that the locals would welcome death (15,000 people, a newsagent and a betting shop).

Rumours are coming in of a third suicide at my kids' school. This is beginning to disturb me now.

Rumours are coming in of a third suicide at my kids' school. This is beginning to disturb me now.

That is disturbing - I sincerely mean that. How old was the child in question?

It's now being featured in the national press - link

I bet she has facebook and bebo pages set up in her name, with people who didn't even know her leaving messages of support and sympathy...saying how she was a legend etc.

Then the next sad case will notice all this attention, and you'll have number 4 on your hands...

It's now being featured in the national press - link

I bet she has facebook and bebo pages set up in her name, with people who didn't even know her leaving messages of support and sympathy...saying how she was a legend etc.

Then the next sad case will notice all this attention, and you'll have number 4 on your hands...

I think you have a very good point Windsor, and you're absolutely right, there are facebook pages set up for all three girls. Personally I find the public outpourings on these pages distasteful, however I suppose some people find them helpful and it might be a way for younger people to let out their feelings in a 'comfortable' surrounding. It's fucking scary though, as a mother, I'm terrified that next time I have an argy bargy with one of my girls, they'll storm off with the usual 'god I hate you and wish I was dead' and mean it. Adults can make a choice on how they live or die - children should not be killing themselves.