Guest Guest
I would take this with a pinch of salt, but...

Is that before or after he crashes a chocolate submarine into the moon?

The "Ghost" jokes will write themselves.

I know! That's why I didn't put a description on the Topic title... I toyed with "is he giving up the Ghost"? Nah, too obvious!

Unlike references to his other films, which will have to be more contrived. For example...

It looks like Swayze's gone from "Point Break" to breaking-point.

Heart felt condolences can be left here for his family....cue the sickening music ;)

I got as far down as the first picture :o

Well....

There's certainly some truth in the story - he has been in hospital lately..

5th February: http://www.pr-inside.com/swayze-s-mystery-...ery-r422606.htm and http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/20080205/9...inal-procedure/

(Both saying more or less the same thing)

Secondly, he heasn't appeared in public for the last month, or given any interviews etc. - not necessarily a sign of death, of course, but unusual for one so in the spotlight as Swayze.

Personally, I hope it is untrue - I kinda like the guy, even though he's a chick flick hero, and not normally the type of actor I enjoy watching. But every time I've seen an interview with him, he seems quie grounded & open.

Wow, five weeks to live. You don't even have time to be in denial. I don't even know how I would respond if I was given an approximation like that. Maybe this will at least give (Ghost, 1990) some air time.

On the subject of time I recently figured out that to an adult one week seems approximately (4 Days) which would mean one day for the weekend and three days during the week. In the perception of a child (7 days) seems like eight days, making their perception of time practically twice the capacity for they have lived fewer years. As we reach old age, our feel for experience becomes more appreciated and we may regain some of the simple understanding of living for the moment, instead of living for the thought.

If these reports are all truth, Patrick Swayze is no doubt at stance with his Final Show Down.

Guest Albert Einstein
On the subject of time I recently figured out that to an adult one week seems approximately (4 Days) which would mean one day for the weekend and three days during the week. In the perception of a child (7 days) seems like eight days, making their perception of time practically twice the capacity for they have lived fewer years. As we reach old age, our feel for experience becomes more appreciated and we may regain some of the simple understanding of living for the moment, instead of living for the thought.

Ah, Banshees theory of "SPECIAL" relativity.

Please do tell Audrey how you arrived at this fundamental groundbreaking piece of science. What assumptions did you make? On what did you base your model? How did you account for the fact we see only 16 years of childhood (arbitrarily governed by the law of the land) yet potentially a further 60 years plus of adulthood? How did this affect your calculations. Did you account for leapyears? Will you be publishing your results in J. Math. Bollx.?

Looks like the diagnosis is true, but the prognosis isn't. Still, I wouldn't rule anything out with pancreatic cancer.

Either way, he's a WDP certainty...

Either way, he's a WDP certainty...

Isn't that what they ssaid about Ariel Sharon several years ago.?

Anyway I think that now is the ytime for some music which is appropriate to this moment.

Time Of My Life

There's no reason he should go quicker than Pavarotti given their proximity to the best medical care available.

Point fodder for next year's lists perhaps.

At least he's ... had ... the time of his life dadadadadadadadada etc

Dirty dancing with death?

My mother's aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given six months to live... but she lived for seven more years.

Patrick Swayze seems like an alright guy, though I am not a fan of his movies. Ghost, in particular, is in my opinion one of the (if not THE) most overrated movies of all time

I love how I posted that, then you posted after me, then one post later you posted it again (different source, same story) :P

Ah but it was the BBC and if it's from the BBC, then it must be true... :rolleyes:

Pancreatic cancer can be fatal very quickly if you have the wrong type. It seems no lucky sod managed to select him as a pick on the DDP, that could have been a unique pick. It seems strange that this has come out in the same week as Jeff Healey shuffling off. I wonder if the film Roadhouse has some sort of curse on it all of a sudden

It seems no lucky sod managed to select him as a pick on the DDP, that could have been a unique pick.

Was there any suggestion at the start of the year he was ill? If not, it would be one heck of a brilliant selection to have included him on a DDP team. Of course, our recent guest who claimed he once ran a dead pool in which you weren't allowed to pick people if they were old or ill probably had him. And Heath Ledger.

It seems no lucky sod managed to select him as a pick on the DDP

We could run a book on whether or not he will see the new year.

I say not, the two people I know personally that had it didn't last 6 months.

Hmmm Pancreatic Cancer....

Wikipedia Says on Prognosis

Median survival from diagnosis is around 3 to 6 months.

5-year survival is much less than 5% of all cases.

So unless Patrick is one of the "Lucky" 5% he looks a pretty dead cert for the list.

If he's still breathing come the end of December, he's going on my list for sure. And a good few others no doubt. It seems that selecting several seemingly healthy Hollywood actors might be a good idea, on the basis that at least one might suffer an unexpected death in the following twelve months.

With the recent death of Jeff Healey, can I be the first to offer up the "Roadhouse death curse". Watch out Sam Elliot. :rolleyes:

Pancreatic cancer can be fatal very quickly if you have the wrong type. ... I wonder if the film Roadhouse has some sort of curse on it all of a sudden ...
With the recent death of Jeff Healey, can I be the first to offer up the "Roadhouse death curse". ...

No.