The survival rate for several cancers (including prostate and colon especially) have dramatically increased over the passed decade. Cancer of the pancreas is one of the most deadly forms which little research has been done in understanding it's causes. I'm shocked that my joker for DDP (Randy Pausch) is still going but I guess his diagnosis was one of the best you will see for that condition. The prevention of cancer in general is a healthier diet and 'antioxidants' and keeping red meat and other poison like 'all these miracle drugs with 17 side effects' out of your system. My view of health is a little different then most people but I stand pretty strong on what I believe in.

The survival rate for several cancers (including prostate and colon especially) have dramatically increased over the passed decade. Cancer of the pancreas is one of the most deadly forms which little research has been done in understanding it's causes. I'm shocked that my joker for DDP (Randy Pausch) is still going but I guess his diagnosis was one of the best you will see for that condition. The prevention of cancer in general is a healthier diet and 'antioxidants' and keeping red meat and other poison like 'all these miracle drugs with 17 side effects' out of your system. My view of health is a little different then most people but I stand pretty strong on what I believe in.

I guess you are not agreeing with BCAlum2000 then ...

Out and about at an L.A. Lakers game

This is tough to call...

On one hand, I'm very happy for Swayze. On the other hand, i hope he doesn't get his hopes up too high. As much as I'm rooting for Swayze to do well (unlike some brutal dictator who's retired in Cuba), I'm also not very optimistic about his outlook either.

Tony Snow, who recently died of cancer, was thought to have been doing great and responded well to treatment. Then his disease completely ravaged and degenerated him.

Actor Robert Urich was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. He fought the cancer for 5 years and people thought too that he was a miracle b/c it appears he was on the mend. but then the cancer came back and got a lot worse and Urich eventually lost a hard fought 5-year battle with cancer.

Luciano Pavoratti battled pancreatic cancer for over a year. he showed major signs of improvement before he completely relapsed.

with that said, he's a dingbat if he keeps lightin' up the cigarettes. he won't be a miracle man for long if he continues smoking...

This should give me some time to save him as my joker for DDP next year. :rolleyes:

Doesn't look good for Paddy. How long until the star of Ghost is toast?

Deathlist 2009 numero uno... :banghead:

Doesn't look good for Paddy. How long until the star of Ghost is toast?

"Patrick has been undergoing pioneering Cyberknife radiotherapy at California's Stamford University Medical Center, and had been making a steady recovery from the illness."

Their definition of "recovery" is a little different to mine. Cyberknife therapy sounds rather gruesome too.

many of us Yanks are calling bullshit on this one.

but it could very well be true. Patrick appears to have gotten worse -- but he still looks pretty good, considering the circumstances.

next to Steve jobs, Patrick swayze is probably the longest lasting survivor of pancreatic cancer -- so far.

Let's wake up from this denial and face the facts. I would give Patrick Swayze six weeks to live. I hope he survives until New Years but I can vision his death arriving in mid December. The disease he is battling was diagnosed last January so the probability of him living much longer is is highly unlikely. It's almost unrealistic.

And Steve Jobs had a very unusual procedure done which ultimately saved his life. Swayze isn't as fortunate. If one of the mods could attatch a "Will Patrick Swayze survive until 2009 poll) it might be interesting to see the results.

but it could very well be true. Patrick appears to have gotten worse -- but he still looks pretty good, considering the circumstances.

next to Steve jobs, Patrick swayze is probably the longest lasting survivor of pancreatic cancer -- so far.

I beg to differ, BC. Swayze was diagnosed in January of this year so he hasn't made a year yet. Luciano Pavarotti, the first pancreatic cancer victim I looked up, was diagnosed in July 2006 and made it to September 2007, around 14 months. This Yank is going to pick Swayze.

Guest Guest

Patrick Swayze 'says goodbye as cancer spreads'

November 28, 2008 08:43am

Swayze's cancer has reportedly spread

Said to be saying goodbye to family

ACTOR Patrick Swayze has reportedly started saying goodbye to family and friends after learning his cancer has spread to his liver.

The Dirty Dancing and Ghost star, who in January was told he had pancreatic cancer, has started preparing himself for death, reports say

"Patrick recently got word that the cancer had spread to his liver and that is what his doctors said would begin the countdown to the end," a source told National Enquirer magazine.

"Patrick knew it was coming because he was suffering increased weakness.

"At times, he was so weak that he could barely walk without feeling faint. Sometimes he feels out of breath and has to sit down."

Swayze, 56, told Lisa, his wife of 33 years, and his brother Donny that he doesn't have long to live.

"Lisa phoned Donny in Los Angeles and told him he need to come to Chicago, where Patrick has been filming TV show The Beast. She was crying and scared Donny to death," the source told National Enquirer.

"Donny got the impression his brother was already on his deathbed because Lisa was saying Patrick wanted to say goodbye. She couldn't stop crying."

Swayze has been undergoing pioneering Cyberknife radiotherapy at California's Stanford University Medical Centre, and had been making a steady recovery from the illness.

He has finished filming The Beast in Chicago, where he has been putting in 12-hour days. He went to a party earlier this week to celebrate with Lisa and Donny.

He stayed for one-and-a-quarter hours sitting on a couch the entire time, happily talking to people.

Swayze's wife "mingled a little more than Patrick did, leaving the couch to grab a drink or talk to people, but mostly she remained at his side" a source told the US magazine.

"Patrick let the party-goers come to him, never circulating around the room and rarely even standing up, but when others did come to him, he chatted at length with many of them."

In October, his production team reported Swayze had missed only a day and a half of work.

"I'm still fine to work, I haven't changed - oh, I have changed, what am I saying? It's a battle zone I go through. Chemo, no matter how you cut it, is hell on wheels," he told The New York Times.

National Enquirer reports always come with a health warning but this one stacks up with enough logic to suggest it could be deadly :rolleyes: accurate.

In which case there are likely to be reserves lining up on many a deadpool team in case Patrick's days are now numbered below 29.

From the mouth of Patrick Swayze's wife, Lisa (courtesy of Patrick Swayze's official fan club website):

"Saturday 29th November 2008: Hello everyone,

The Official Fan Club has received a lovely message from Patrick's wife, Lisa. She is happy to say that Patrick is NOT saying goodbye to anyone just yet!! Patrick is still considered to have a minimal amount of disease and Lisa urges everyone not to believe what is printed in the less responsible press.

Lisa says: "Thank you and everyone for caring. As it's been said before, we believe all good and positive thoughts and prayers make a difference. God knows we need that positivity to battle the horribly negative reporting that can happen out there!"

So please continue to send all your love, light, positive thoughts and prayers to Patrick and Lisa. They do make a difference!

In friendship,

Margaret."

http://www.patrickswayze.net/patrick.htm

There you have it. Patrick appears to be doing a-OK.

I admit I'm a bit skeptical about this, particularly b/c Patrick has pretty much outlived everybody who has had pancreatic cancer. Though Luciano Pavoratti did survive pancreatic cancer for about 14 months so who knows?

From the mouth of Patrick Swayze's wife, Lisa (courtesy of Patrick Swayze's official fan club website):

The Official Fan Club has received a lovely message from Patrick's wife, Lisa. She is happy to say that Patrick is NOT saying goodbye to anyone just yet!! Patrick is still considered to have a minimal amount of disease and Lisa urges everyone not to believe what is printed in the less responsible press.

Lisa says: "Thank you and everyone for caring. As it's been said before, we believe all good and positive thoughts and prayers make a difference. God knows we need that positivity to battle the horribly negative reporting that can happen out there!"

So please continue to send all your love, light, positive thoughts and prayers to Patrick and Lisa. They do make a difference!

In friendship,

Margaret."

I admit I'm a bit skeptical about this, particularly b/c Patrick has pretty much outlived everybody who has had pancreatic cancer. Though Luciano Pavoratti did survive pancreatic cancer for about 14 months so who knows?

If he has a "minimal amount of disease" then he's still going to die pretty swiftly from it. Just because he isn't saying goodbye doesn't mean that he isn't a very ill man. It will be interesting to see how many public appearances he makes over the next few weeks. If he isn't seen out and about much, then draw your own conclusions.

He has not outlived "everybody who has had pancreatic cancer". Ronnie Hawkins was diagnosed six years ago and still hasn't died (although no one seems to know quite why he isn't dead). Opera singer Marilyn Horne was diagnosed in January 2006 and is still preforming. Hank Cochran is another who might beat the disease.

Patrick Swayze Says He's Winning Cancer Battle, Will Sit Down With Barbara Walters

Barbara Walters Exclusive: Actor's First Interview Since Announcing Illness Airs in January

At least he might make it until 2009. You are always winning the battle against Pancreatic Cancer until you lose. :rolleyes:

Patrick Swayze Says He's Winning Cancer Battle, Will Sit Down With Barbara Walters

Barbara Walters Exclusive: Actor's First Interview Since Announcing Illness Airs in January

At least he might make it until 2009. You are always winning the battle against Pancreatic Cancer until you lose. :rolleyes:

Suffering now from Tony Snow syndrome. I'm not falling for it!

Suffering now from Tony Snow syndrome. I'm not falling for it!

We live and learn. The only difference is Tony Snow was never in my joker plans and he didn't have pancreatic cancer. If Swayze pulls a fast one at around December 22ish or December 26thish it will cause a magnificent headache. Everything is going according to plan so far. Let's hope nothing dramatic happens from now until New Years.

In friendship,

Margaret."

One thing you have to learn about this game, BC, is that families and public relations flacks lie all the time. I've heard many celebrities declared "cancer free" only to die in a month or two. Paul Newman is a very recent example. He was only seeing the doctor for "hair loss and athlete's foot". I don't really blame them, it's really none of our business and a positive attitude can yield wondrous results on occasion, just don't take everything they say without a lot of skepticism. They don't care about our game.