Looks like he is still smoking... has he given up trying?

If I knew I only had a couple of months left, I reckon I'd be smoking, drinking and doing all sorts of various vices (Hell, I might even find a new one) enjoying whats left of my life.

Looks like he is still smoking... has he given up trying?

I seem to recall that he stated he was not giving up smoking.

That was when he was quite optomistic....

hear are some more pics looks like swayze will be dancing with death soon.

really looks in a bad way

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/0...15875-21121966/

nah.....looks pretty relaxed about it all IMHO ...he's probably off to the golf course :rolleyes:

I wouldn't count on Paddy scoring any points this year....

I'm going with an unofficial 30 day countdown....

Patrick Swayze, shockingly thin and gaunt after a losing fight against pancreatic cancer, as he boards a private jet from LA to New Mexico. It's believed Swayze is headed to his 17,000-acre ranch to spend his last days. Swayze had been receiving regular chemotherapy treatments at Cedars-Sanai in LA, but he put an end to that last week. A friend told Us magazine there was nothing more doctors could do, the cancer was not responding, and the priority now was for Swayze to be as comfortable as possible as he waits for the end. :skill2:

Nice pictures here...

http://www.wwtdd.com/photo.phtml?post_key=...photo_key=71101

For what it's worth, Barbara Walters is having a special on the 7th called "Patrick Swayze: The Truth." No idea when it was recorded, but my brief research indicates maybe early December.

Take it as you will. He definitely shows the mileage.

I got the chance to see this programme only yesterday and think that his two year estimate was well wide of the mark. More like 3 to 6 months from this "early - December" filming. So in my mind there is little chance he will get beyond early June '09.

"And let's watch a DVD of "Dirty Dancing" (1987) and remember how much he enriched our lives."

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:;):lol:

I still have some time on my 30 day call. Is there anyone who still thinks he is going to make it til 2010?

A part of me admires Patrick Swayze for putting up an amazing fight against Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Truth is, he shoulda been dead 6 to 8 months ago. How does he continue to live (and frankly, continue to take this punishment)?

A part of me however is simply impatient and honestly, resentful. I mean, how the hell can he survive pancreatic cancer for 15 months? Does he get some kind of preferential treatment b/c he's a (relatively) famous celebrity? Is there some kind of magical procedure to take care of pancreatic cancer that is accessible only to famous celebrities (e.g., Patrick Swayze, Steve Jobs, probably Ruth Blader Ginsburg)?

Seems like all the people who have survived pancreatic cancer are big shot celebrities (Swayze, Jobs, Ginsburg). Stage 4 pancreatic cancer is extremely lethal. Other than big time celebrities, most people last 6 months with pancreatic cancer.

One of my father's best friends last three months after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Another family friend lost his battle to pancreatic cancer in 6 months. One of my favorite actors, John Phillip Law, lasted only 6 months before succumbing to pancreatic cancer. So you see why I resent Swayze a bit. Everybody I know who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer supposedly had a much milder form, but they lasted a few months at best.

A part of me admires Patrick Swayze for putting up an amazing fight against Stage 4 pancreatic cancer... but they lasted a few months at best.

Maybe he is responding well to treatment. :)

A part of me admires Patrick Swayze for putting up an amazing fight against Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Truth is, he shoulda been dead 6 to 8 months ago. How does he continue to live (and frankly, continue to take this punishment)?

A part of me however is simply impatient and honestly, resentful. I mean, how the hell can he survive pancreatic cancer for 15 months? Does he get some kind of preferential treatment b/c he's a (relatively) famous celebrity? Is there some kind of magical procedure to take care of pancreatic cancer that is accessible only to famous celebrities (e.g., Patrick Swayze, Steve Jobs, probably Ruth Blader Ginsburg)?

Seems like all the people who have survived pancreatic cancer are big shot celebrities (Swayze, Jobs, Ginsburg). Stage 4 pancreatic cancer is extremely lethal. Other than big time celebrities, most people last 6 months with pancreatic cancer.

One of my father's best friends last three months after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Another family friend lost his battle to pancreatic cancer in 6 months. One of my favorite actors, John Phillip Law, lasted only 6 months before succumbing to pancreatic cancer. So you see why I resent Swayze a bit. Everybody I know who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer supposedly had a much milder form, but they lasted a few months at best.

I suspect the reason is that the rich and infamous are diagnosed earlier, have earlier intervention by better Doctors, using better/later equipment/drugs. It the world of the elite, it is in the Doctors' interest to keep them alive and paying their exorbitant medical bills as long as possible. In the NHS, it is in everyone's interest except the patient & family, for them to exit stage left as quickly as possible as soon as it is diagnosed as terminal.

I suspect the reason is that the rich and infamous are diagnosed earlier, have earlier intervention by better Doctors, using better/later equipment/drugs.

Nah. Most experimental drugs fail anyway. But when we get cancer we are all gamblers, aren't we? Survival is luck.

Guest Guest_KISS OF DEATH_*

Saw a picture of him the other day in the paper, Jesus, looks like hes the walking dead.

Perhaps Max Clifford could now turn his attention to Swayze....?

My aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer back in the day, and given just a couple of months to live... but she lived 7+ years. There is a very small percentage of people who live over 5 years... Our cancer dancer might be one of the "lucky" ones, though not for much longer, I expect.

My aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer back in the day, and given just a couple of months to live... but she lived 7+ years. There is a very small percentage of people who live over 5 years... Our cancer dancer might be one of the "lucky" ones, though not for much longer, I expect.

How many a day was your aunt smoking during that 7 years?

How many a day was your aunt smoking during that 7 years?

Good point. She was not a smoker.