A part of me however is simply impatient and honestly, resentful. I mean, how the hell can he survive pancreatic cancer for 15 months? Does he get some kind of preferential treatment b/c he's a (relatively) famous celebrity? Is there some kind of magical procedure to take care of pancreatic cancer that is accessible only to famous celebrities (e.g., Patrick Swayze, Steve Jobs, probably Ruth Blader Ginsburg)?

My aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer back in the day, and given just a couple of months to live... but she lived 7+ years. There is a very small percentage of people who live over 5 years... Our cancer dancer might be one of the "lucky" ones, though not for much longer, I expect.

How many a day was your aunt smoking during that 7 years?

Good point. She was not a smoker.

Methinks that now Jade Goody is dead, the deathlisters got their sights set on Patrick Swayze. :unsure:

ps__oPt.jpg

Looking at the pictures, if he keeps going they can bury him in the wrapping from a baguette, or cremate him inside two minutes.

Go Patrick!

Three possible outcomes:

1.) The Enquirer hates Patrick Swayze and wants him to die.

2.) The Enquirer is full of sh*t and is dangling this carrot of Patrick Swayze's imminent death in a desperate attempt to exploit our obsession with moribund celebrities and make a few bucks.

3.) The Enquirer is speaking the truth and Patrick Swayze really is about to meet his maker.

Down to 105lb. I'm not sure how much that is but it's three lb less that Karen Carpenter was when she died

You didn't have to look that up, did you... (I think I've commented something similar before)

Can't say Queen Latifah's gay life was ever much of a secret either, but that's nothing to do with Swayze. Well, I don't think it is anyway...

Not looking too good here

I just saw a Ghost

They look like they're the same photos from the Enquirer

Not looking too good here

I just saw a Ghost

They look like they're the same photos from the Enquirer

Is it me or has he actually got a bit of belly despite being 7 and half stone?

I suppose it could be a huge colostomy bag... <_<

I suppose it could be a huge colostomy bag... :unsure:

Most of his films were a bag of sh*t.....

If/when Patrick Swayze passes away...it will truly feel like the end of an era.

The phase "end of an era" is probably the most ridiculously overused cliche that we have. However, I do feel that when Patrick Swayze ultimately dies, it will feel like the end of an era.

I am not really a big fan of Patrick Swayze, but I won't deny his cultural impact. He was arguably THE leading man of 1980s cinema. Many young females grew up adoring and worshipping him. He had an amazing box office run from 1983 to 1991 starring in some of the biggest hits of that time period from Dirty Dancing to Ghost.

Yup...when Patrick Swayze passes on, the childhoods of those who grew up in the 80s have also died. The emblem of 1980s culture reminds us that we can't look back but instead march forward to a new era of hope and prosperity. We yearn to hold on to the experiences we cherished of our youth, but as time passes on, the hard reality is that the more we wish to return to our happier, carefree days, the more we are unable to accept that we are not the same people that we were back in that era of innocence. As time slips by, no matter how much we try to hold on, old friends fade away, places we grew up in and visit change and become unrecognizable, and the activities you enjoyed when you were young just don't have that same...feeling. But memories will stay with us forever, even as people enter and disappear from our lives.

The phase "end of an era" is probably the most ridiculously overused cliche that we have. However, I do feel that when Patrick Swayze ultimately dies, it will feel like the end of an era.

I am not really a big fan of Patrick Swayze, but I won't deny his cultural impact. He was arguably THE leading man of 1980s cinema. Many young females grew up adoring and worshipping him. He had an amazing box office run from 1983 to 1991 starring in some of the biggest hits of that time period from Dirty Dancing to Ghost.

Yup...when Patrick Swayze passes on, the childhoods of those who grew up in the 80s have also died. The emblem of 1980s culture reminds us that we can't look back but instead march forward to a new era of hope and prosperity. We yearn to hold on to the experiences we cherished of our youth, but as time passes on, the hard reality is that the more we wish to return to our happier, carefree days, the more we are unable to accept that as time slips by, old friends fade away, and that we can never return to those days we yearn. Memories will stay with us forever, even as people enter and disappear from our lives.

You really are a wind up merchant aren't you. How do you come up with all this bullshit? Patrick Swayze, end of an era? I'm sorry but his death would not be the end of an era for bad acting, Hollywood has plenty more where he came from. As for my childhood dying when he goes there are two contradictory statements in your above post. Childhood dying and memories staying forever. I have memories of my childhood which will stay forever thus by that reasoning my childhood is "alive". If my childhood is "dead" then it has been "dead" ever since I became an adult. I very much doubt childhood would turn round and say to me your 31, Swayze's dead then so am I. If in your world it does then I think your prescription has run out.

As for adoring and worshipping Swayze, again you must be joking. Not all females grow up in sheer adorartion of some pelebrity or other. Just because (in general) you put posters on your wall as a teenager does not in any way mean you then kneel at the altar of pelebrity idolatry. Whilst I'm at it I didn't like Tom Cruise either.

Yup...when Patrick Swayze passes on, the childhoods of those who grew up in the 80s have also died. The emblem of 1980s culture reminds us that we can't look back but instead march forward to a new era of hope and prosperity. We yearn to hold on to the experiences we cherished of our youth, but as time passes on, the hard reality is that the more we wish to return to our happier, carefree days, the more we are unable to accept that as time slips by, old friends fade away, and that we can never return to those days we yearn. Memories will stay with us forever, even as people enter and disappear from our lives.

You really are a wind up merchant aren't you. How do you come up with all this bullshit? Patrick Swayze, end of an era? I'm sorry but his death would not be the end of an era for bad acting, Hollywood has plenty more where he came from. As for my childhood dying when he goes there are two contradictory statements in your above post. Childhood dying and memories staying forever. I have memories of my childhood which will stay forever thus by that reasoning my childhood is "alive". If my childhood is "dead" then it has been "dead" ever since I became an adult. I very much doubt childhood would turn round and say to me your 31, Swayze's dead then so am I. If in your world it does then I think your prescription has run out.

As for adoring and worshipping Swayze, again you must be joking. Not all females grow up in sheer adorartion of some pelebrity or other. Just because (in general) you put posters on your wall as a teenager does not in any way mean you then kneel at the altar of pelebrity idolatry. Whilst I'm at it I didn't like Tom Cruise either.

You are certainly mellowing in your old age, Monkey.

Once upon a time you would have told him to f**k off in your reply.

You old softy, you. :)

f**k off :)

UGH, you guys, my post was meant to be satirical. I was making fun of all the fangirls out there who grew up obsessed with Patrick Swayze and are now mourning that his inevitable death would mark the "end of an era."

It was brilliant satire b/c you guys actually thought that I was being serious!

Seriously though, Patrick Swayze comes across as a decent guy. Not the greatest actor around, and he didn't really have a wholly impressive filmography, but his situation is all too sad. To be fair though, he was a leading man of 1980s cinema and had a very solid run at the box office from 1983 to 1991. Obviously his career faded after Point Break but I will say that he is still fairly well known and popular compared with 90%+ of actors.

Anyway, I was just thinking about all the prominent 80s icons who passed away prematurely. And how many people argued that the death of so-and-so each has marked the "end of an era":

Michael Landon

River Phoenix

John Candy

Dana Plato

Robert Urich

Rick James

Barry White

Christopher Reeve

Gregory Hines

John Ritter

But on a serious note, I will say that there are two deaths that truly signal the end of an era: Stan Winston and Michael Crichton. With Stan Winston's passing, it seems that the era of practical, prosethetic special effects is over and that everything these days is all CGI. With Michael Crichton's death, it's the end of the sci-fi/medical thriller with a touch of morality play.

UGH, you guys, my post was meant to be satirical. I was making fun of all the fangirls out there who grew up obsessed with Patrick Swayze and are now mourning that his inevitable death would mark the "end of an era."

It was brilliant satire b/c you guys actually thought that I was being serious!

Seriously though, Patrick Swayze comes across as a decent guy. Not the greatest actor around, and he didn't really have a wholly impressive filmography, but his situation is all too sad.

Ah satire you say, mea culpa, I see now how hilarious your post actually is. Thank-you for letting me see the light.

Mods can you remind me how that ignore function works again?

Mods can you remind me how that ignore function works again?

You mean there is an ignore function?

Go Patrick....suck the marrow of life...he is finishing without excuses

edit:

removed

Edited by Vaagheid
Fixed URL

It's not looking too good for Patrick Swayze. :pop:

God that sucks...I'm almost to the point where I want him to die. When you can't breathe without unbearable pain its time for the Grim Reaper to step in. <_<