Swayze is not gonna die anytime soon.

I'll wager that he'll live to see 2010.

Given that it is now September, doesn't 2010 count as 'soon'? Oh yes, and what actual evidence are you basing this prediction on?

Given that it is now September, doesn't 2010 count as 'soon'? Oh yes, and what actual evidence are you basing this prediction on?

I hope he has a couple of years to go, just to piss BCAlum off.

It seems like you're not quite getting his drift, Vaggy. BC is saying he's going to live (to see 2010) so if he does live, he's predicting correctly. Personally, I'll take the opposite tack from my pal BC (as I so often do) and say that he will not see 2010. The National Enquirer is, without a doubt, a rag newspaper but they have a certain flair for "sad last days" narratives. I also think that given the terrible disease of pancreatic cancer, Patrick is probably near the end.

I hope he has a couple of years to go, just to piss BCAlum off.

It seems like you're not quite getting his drift, Vaggy. BC is saying he's going to live (to see 2010) so if he does live, he's predicting correctly. Personally, I'll take the opposite tack from my pal BC (as I so often do) and say that he will not see 2010. The National Enquirer is, without a doubt, a rag newspaper but they have a certain flair for "sad last days" narratives. I also think that given the terrible disease of pancreatic cancer, Patrick is probably near the end.

I sort of think if Swayze has no competition value anymore, because anyone has him on his DDP or CPDP or whatever personalized deathpool people have here. So if he dies it really doesn't mather how much points people get because everybody gets the same points.

So just for the sake of the game. I hope he first (strangely enough) gets a lot better in the course of 2010, and then when a lot of people dropped him of their lists for 2011, he drops dead in January of a unexpected heart attack.

But everybody knows that is never going to happen. I do think he can go at any moment, but I had the same thought with Sharon and Biggs (and they both are still alive).

Don't agree. He's my joker and I'm in sight of the top 20! It's all riding on Patrick for me.

Patrick Swayze is dead.

Gotta be true, just saw it on wikipedia -- although that's probably your work there CP.

And here on the slightly less reliable Brisbane Times site.

Patrick Swayze is dead.

Gotta be true, just saw it on wikipedia -- although that's probably your work there CP.

and here on the slightly less reliable Brisbane Times site.

Or it's true because I gave you a link to the Associated Press with a message from his publicist. I only edit Wikipedia for a select few things today.

The National Inquirer is getting a bit ridiculous. This is like the 5th or 6th time they claim that Patrick's time on earth is up and that he's gonna die very soon.

Ain't gonna happen.

Nice one, BC. :(

The National Inquirer is getting a bit ridiculous. This is like the 5th or 6th time they claim that Patrick's time on earth is up and that he's gonna die very soon.

Ain't gonna happen.

sir, could you hand me a nice dish of crow pie?

Biggest death this year i think. Very sad. :(

I'm not sure I agree. I don't know if countless millions of Michael Jackson fans would either.

Quite sad nonetheless, Unchained Melody at the funeral perhaps?

Quite sad nonetheless, Unchained Melody at the funeral perhaps?

Oh, I don't think they'll cheapen it with that, but perhaps a tasteful eulogy from Whoopi.

If she won't do it, then perhaps her Hi-5 likeness might consider it.

hi5-chatterbox.jpg

Nice an' tasteful, like.

Ain't gonna happen.

sir, could you hand me a nice dish of crow pie?

I'll cut you a slice, and I shot the crows myself

Guest Dahlia

Unfortunately, Patrick Swayze died today.

Well, I gotta admit...besides Farrah, this is the most oppressive death this year for me. Red Dawn, Point Break, Roadhouse, and Youngblood are some of my favorite movies; and my son and I liked Tall Tale(Pecos Bill) too!! We will surely miss u man. Now if someone MORE FAMOUS dies tomorrow, and overshadows HIS death; like that FREAK Wacko Jacko did to Farrah...I will know there's absolutely NO justice in the world.

R.I.P. Patrick(Jed, Bodhi, Dalton, Derek, Pecos) :(

Some things in life are so unfair, theres poor Patrick, gone from ghost to Toast, and that old witch Thatcher is still around

Some things in life are so unfair, theres poor Patrick, gone from ghost to Toast, and that old witch Thatcher is still around

He died on the Monday, which means he was 24 hrs shy of the Unlucky 13 bonus on DDP...

Still, you can't have it all. He lost a brave fight. RIP

poor Patrick, gone from ghost to Toast

Look, I admit he was my joker, but I had nothing to do with it, honest. :(

Hello, my friend; You’re on my mind,

Because you're somehow ailing,

But your response to any challenge

Has always been unfailing.

So I’m confident you’ll win again;

Hang in there, and you’ll see;

You’ll be back on top in no time,

Tackling life courageously.

I know this will go down like a lump of lead

But Patrick Swayze will soon be dead

Despite the fact that his films are sh*t

I think he will be DLs first hit

Shall poor Yvonne cry "sh*t" and "f*ck it"

Now Patrick Swayze's kicked the bucket?

Oh, - its a big one!!!

He's going to be a real ghost now.

You see BCAlum2000?

Now you know you are a 100% gold plated prat!

Looking down the leader board of the DDP its hard to find anyone who did not pick Patrick Swayze. In the top 17 ('cus that's where I was) only Moosey did not have Swayze. So the main effect will be rises in the stocks of who had him as their joker, and with 39 joker picks that will move us about only a little bit. Intesting to note of the 53 teams yet to score, only 7 had Swayze on their list. Most those bottom feeders being theme teams.

"You lot" don't half make it hard for yourselves!!! :(