Guest ATS

Maggie Smith

11 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

That didnt come up on my search which I did a few minutes before I started the thread. Puzzling. 

You've got to use quotation marks when searching for thread titles, otherwise the search engine only looks at the posts within the thread and not the thread title itself. As you can see, none of the posts that were in the old Maggie Smith thread actually mentioned her name, hence why you couldn't find her thread.

So in future, make sure to place quotation marks around your search terms whenever you're trying to find out if a person already has their own thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

You've got to use quotation marks when searching for thread titles, otherwise the search engine only looks at the posts within the thread and not the thread title itself. As you can see, none of the posts that were in the old Maggie Smith thread actually mentioned her name, hence why you couldn't find her thread.

So in future, make sure to place quotation marks around your search terms whenever you're trying to find out if a person already has their own thread.

But I haven't done that with other searches which have shown up thread titles (the search facility allows that option) and the thread titles for various people have shown up without quotation marks and hence I've seen that a thread already exists so haven't then started another one. 

Back in April I looked up a couple of Hollywood legends and thread titles appeared. 

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

But I haven't done that with other searches which have shown up thread titles (the search facility allows that option) and the thread titles for various people have shown up without quotation marks and hence I've seen that a thread already exists so haven't then started another one. 

Back in April I looked up a couple of Hollywood legends and thread titles appeared. 

Alright, I may have been talking bollocks.

The behaviours of that search engine seem to elude most of us here, myself included. Sometimes it seems to work perfectly, whilst other times it decides to be awkward and consequently make you look like a right numpty. Anyhow, I wouldn't worry too much about these things, as long as you've made some effort to look beforehand, which you obviously did.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

Alright, I may have been talking bollocks.

The behaviours of that search engine seem to elude most of us here, myself included. Sometimes it seems to work perfectly, whilst other times it decides to be awkward and consequently make you look like a right numpty. Anyhow, I wouldn't worry too much about these things, as long as you've made some effort to look beforehand, which you obviously did.

Don't worry I certainly wasn't suggesting you were talking bollocks or being hostile towards you. 

I will still use the search engine to try and double check but with an understanding it's a bit fallible and floored. 

I have heard of her, she was in that Harry Potter movie things, I was also in this.

mugabe-falls-funny-images-memes-13.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/06/2017 at 22:24, RobertMugabe said:

Any news??

5 hours ago, RobertMugabe said:

Who is she?

Mugabe displaying signs of memory loss and confusion here. Maybe he will be number 9. 

• Haha 2

When she dies there better not be any headlines that start "Harry Potter actress...":angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Around these parts she'll always be "Murder By Death actress...."

Speaking of which, I believe she's one of only three castmembers from that film still with us.

• Like 2

Couldn't find any dramatic news about Dame Maggie, so happy 86th birthday! :birthday:

I hope she will reach 100 years and more!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Book said:

Couldn't find any dramatic news about Dame Maggie, so happy 86th birthday! :birthday:

I hope she will reach 100 years and more!

As much as I would enjoy to see her reach 100 (she’s such a sweet lady) i doubt she will...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

As much as I would enjoy to see her reach 100 (she’s such a sweet lady) i doubt she will...

You just never know...

• Like 2

Dame Maggie Smith at King Charles Coronation today.

Maggie Smith

She looks a bit frailed and not in very good healthy ... but she is 88 so this could be natural.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, etib80 said:

Dame Maggie Smith at King Charles Coronation today.

Maggie Smith

She looks a bit frailed and not in very good healthy ... but she is 88 so this could be natural.

I think she looks quite well here, but she does look Thinner

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

New photoshoot for Loewe. Does look good if not a little thin

4A703778-D948-454B-8761-74CCAC1485FD.jpeg

does look good?

• Like 1

A tad wrinkly and crinkly but nowhere near the point of smelling badly on Ruth Langsford's Insta.

• Haha 7