Death in Vegas

Time Added

It's being posted on a few forums (first Blackburn, then Aston Villa) that legend Chris Price is very poorly having nearly drowned in Australia. I quote:

A Hereford sporting legend is recovering in hospital after being dragged out to sea by huge waves while he played football on the beach with his daughter.

While the former right back has made progress, there are renewed fears for the family and friends as Queensland's horrifying floods continue to dominate the headlines.

Chirs, also a former aston villa and Blackburn Rovers player, had been enjoying a game of football on the beach with his youngest daughter and her boyfriend. Minutes later they found Chris face doen in the water. They dragged him onto the sand before a lifeguard assisted them.

Chris was put on Oxygen but went into cardiac arrest and stopped breathing. He was taken to resuscitation and intensive care once he eventually arrived at the hospital following traffic problems.

He's got no hair, but we don't care, Chrissy Chrissy Price.

14/11 - now being reported here

• Like 1

Les Stubbs

Former Chelsea inside-forward who was a member of their side when they won the league for the only time prior to their more recent successes. He scored 34 goals in 112 appearances before returning to his previous club, Southend United.

A late Christmas present from the Manchester Evening News, although perhaps the the sad tidings are a little late for some, me included.

After The Gold Rush ?

No surprise, he's gone.

Bert Trautmann's DDP joker (national press coverage near-enough certain even if Hosni Mubarak is strung up in central Cairo tonight), and an impressive 662 Deathrace points into the bargain.

Respect!

A late Christmas present from the Manchester Evening News, although perhaps the the sad tidings are a little late for some, me included.

After The Gold Rush ?

No surprise, he's gone.

Bert Trautmann's DDP joker (national press coverage near-enough certain even if Hosni Mubarak is strung up in central Cairo tonight), and an impressive 662 Deathrace points into the bargain.

Respect!

Although he's my DDP joker I take no pleasure in the passing of a City legend, he lived much of his post-football career in poor conditions and never got the recognition that other legends like Bell, Lee and Summerbee did from the same era, until he was diagnosed with cancer. At least the we got to show our appreciation once he was diagnosed, I suppose.

RIP Neil Young.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9386667.stm - Obituary just in case it was needed

Just mentioned on Soccer Saturday, but Buckie Thistle's team today contains defender Kevin Small, who's playing despite having the kidney disease IgA nephropathy and being in urgent need of a transplant.

William Morais, a midfielder with Corinthians in Brazil vaguely known to anyone who has ever played Football Manager 2011 as a mediocre Spanish first division side, has been shot dead aged 19l.
  • Like 1

Also, for the sake of randomly naming an old person, I was boredly looking over the history of the world transfer record in the wake of Greaseball O'Jagerbomb's move to Liverpool on Monday, and the oldest surviving person to have broken the world transfer fee record is Hasse Jeppson, 85-years-old, who moved from Atalanta to Napoli in 1952 for the princely sum of £52,000.

Tony Kellow

Exeter City's all-time leading goalscorer has died aged 58. He is "probably most famous for his FA Cup hat trick against Gary Lineker’s first division Leicester City in 1981". He had 3 spells with the Grecians as well as playing for Blackpool and Plymouth Argyle.

Guest DDT
Tony Kellow

Exeter City's all-time leading goalscorer has died aged 58. He is "probably most famous for his FA Cup hat trick against Gary Lineker’s first division Leicester City in 1981". He had 3 spells with the Grecians as well as playing for Blackpool and Plymouth Argyle.

Oh no, no.

My boyhood hero. RIP King Kellow.

DDT I feel for you bro. My boyhood hero, CUFC legend, all-time record holder for appearances and almost-capped-by-Scotland goalie Allan Ross died in his sixties. Tragic.

Just heard that Lee Maddison, who's career was cut short by cancer half a decade back, is now very chipper and likely to be rubbing shoulders with Carlisle fans ahead of our Wembley adventure in April. With SPL experience and status as a former member of the Gretna 'legends' he was probably obit-worthy. Personally, I'm glad he's so well. Fair cheered up a hard-working day, that news.

My Dad just text me to say that one Louis Saha is a very lucky boy...

He's a fireman and he arrived at the airport to find his car totalled with two wooden blocks spiking through the window on the right-hand side, if it wasn't for the fact he has left-hand drive car from abroad he'd be dead!

My Dad just text me to say that one Louis Saha is a very lucky boy...

He's a fireman and he arrived at the airport to find his car totalled with two wooden blocks spiking through the window on the right-hand side, if it wasn't for the fact he has left-hand drive car from abroad he'd be dead!

The only thing he has missed recently!

Dick Campbell, current manager of Forfar Athletic and veteran boss with 25 years experience in Scottish football has kidney cancer.

Former Thistle manager. Came in too late to save us from relegation to the 2nd division but took us up via the playoffs the season after. Got a lot of stick from the fans but was far better than a lot of his predecessors. (And a nicer man than his current successor)

I wish him all the best.

Dick Campbell, current manager of Forfar Athletic and veteran boss with 25 years experience in Scottish football has kidney cancer.

Former Thistle manager. Came in too late to save us from relegation to the 2nd division but took us up via the playoffs the season after. Got a lot of stick from the fans but was far better than a lot of his predecessors. (And a nicer man than his current successor)

I wish him all the best.

You're a Partick Thistle supporter?

I wish him all the best.

I am. They're the family's team (well, my mums side of the family, my dad's side are all massive Celtic fans).

I wish him all the best.

I am. They're the family's team (well, my mums side of the family, my dad's side are all massive Celtic fans).

I've probably shouted abuse at you at Broadwood.

Former Liverpool squad player Miki Roque, aged only 22, has been diagnosed with cancer.

Les Dagger, a name I heard mentioned by CUFC old-timers, way back when I was a young 'un.
  • Like 1