Death in Vegas

Time Added

Ladislav Novak has died aged 79.

Captained Czechoslovakia to the 1962 World Cup final where they lost to Brazil. "He also played at the 1954 and 1958 World Cups and later had a short spell as manager of Czechoslovakia."

Stoke City legend and former Republic of Ireland international Terry Conroy is critically ill after a suspected vascular aneurysm.

Bruce Winfield, Crawley Town co-owner. Like Moses; led his people to within sight of the promised land, or summat.

Bruce Winfield, Crawley Town co-owner. Like Moses; led his people to within sight of the promised land, or summat.

Morelike Brookes Mileson. Can we officially call "spending lots of money on a non-self-sustaining football team then dying of cancer" a deathlist "thing" now?

Blues legend Trevor Storton has died of cancer aged 61. Played in the League Cup run of '74-75 (beat Leeds and Newcastle, lost to Villa in the semis), which were the first footy matches I ever attended. Was also caretaker-manager just before McNally arrived and the, ahem, glory years returned. :banghead:

Warren Aspinall, basically a Gazza job without the dazzling good looks or international caps, looks to be on top of the demons that led him to sit on a rail track. I saw the goal at Brighton, mentioned well-down the article. An absolute cracker.

Billy Gray, one of the last survivors of Nottingham Forest's 1959 FA Cup win has died aged 83.

Although I stand to be corrected, dammit, I shouldn't have dropped Gray from my footy theme team.

A few years ago, CP & myself were discussing Juan Tunas, one of the few survivors (if not one of the last) of the 1938 World Cup and his obit chances. Well, considering he died aged 93 over a week ago and the only obit is in Spanish so far, it's not looking good.

;) though - the last survivor of a remarkable footballing story

Ronnie Coyle

The former Raith Rovers stalwart has died aged 46. He had been battling leukaemia and a benefit match between Raith Rovers and Celtic was held just a couple of weeks ago.

Also means DDP points for And My Name Is Larry! and Died In The Wool (joker as well!).

Well he sold his shares a few days ago, so it's no suprise. Well played DDT.

In the unlikely event he receives no other write-up, it was mentioned here.

Danny Fiszman has died - http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/d...szman-1945-2011

A unique hit for DDT...he's running away with it!

Ah, Danny, I've been expecting you :D . On the thirteen.gifth as well...

Danny Fiszman has died - http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/d...szman-1945-2011

Fix, fix, fix, fix etc.

Guest Guest
Fox, fox, fox, etc.

fox_cubs_2105100466.jpg

They look so cute in that mug shot, right after they assassinated the poor Mr Fiszman.

Ronnie Coyle

The former Raith Rovers stalwart has died aged 46. He had been battling leukaemia and a benefit match between Raith Rovers and Celtic was held just a couple of weeks ago.

Also means DDP points for And My Name Is Larry! and Died In The Wool (joker as well!).

Looking at that picture you'd think that McStay was the ill one!

Well he sold his shares a few days ago, so it's no surprise. Well played DDT.

It might be a coincidence that Stan Kroenke chose this week to buy up his shares and take control of Arsenal. Might have got complicated any later than that...

Ronnie Coyle

Which is why I took Coyle off the DDP team as well as Billy Gray..... :D Ah well, I gained with Populhar.

Ronnie Coyle

Which is why I took Coyle off the DDP team as well as Billy Gray..... :D Ah well, I gained with Populhar.

All those Ronnies, and I missed this one.