Death in Vegas

Time Added

On 15/09/2017 at 11:00, maryportfuncity said:

Anyone seen Clark Carlisle?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41280150

“very unwell but safe” in a Liverpool hospital after he was reported missing on Friday

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/15/police-concerned-for-clarke-carlisle-after-ex-footballer-reported-missing

• Like 1

Eugenio Bersellini, who won Serie A in 1980 with Inter,  dead at 81.

Paul Wilson, Scottish footballer who played for Celtic (1967-1978), Motherwell (1978-1979) and Partick Thistle (1979-1980), has died aged 66. Additionally he gained 1 cap for the Scottish National team in 1975.

Re Wilson.

Came through at a time Celtic were @#2 in European rankings, in a team full of Stars.

Scored 4 times one season in Hampden Finals, and was one of my favourite players of my yoof.

respects.gif

Possibly only of interest to me and Young Willz (though if he doesn't get a full BBC obit, I'll be having words) but have heard on the ground that the great man John Lambie is seriously ill. :(

• Sad 1

On 9/18/2017 at 18:07, charon said:

Re Wilson.

Came through at a time Celtic were @#2 in European rankings, in a team full of Stars.

Scored 4 times one season in Hampden Finals, and was one of my favourite players of my yoof.

respects.gif

I have never heard of him.

The only legendary Scottish Celtic player I really know is this fella..

A legendary hard bastard and top player that always made me think he was on the IRA council or summat.

A footballer totally loyal to his one and only club ( apart from the Accies and they don't count) they don't make men like him anymore.

Respect.

04celtic-danny-mcgrain.jpg

• Like 1

McGrains not deid ya loon.

Most famous for being the punchline to the joke about the girl that had two tattoos of players on her inner thighs. "Naw sure about the left or right one, but the middle ones Danny McGrain".

Re Wilson tho LFN, I 'think' he was the only non white to get capped for Scotland in 20th Century.

• Haha 1

Tipping up old huns #3, Johnny Hubbard made the match yesterday, but the most used words were 'recent scare' and 'frail', "very frail".

One for this or next year....

• Sad 1

Didn't McGrain have heart issues recently? He was a bit before my time, the story I know him for best (possibly made up, tbh) is Celtic playing some Albanian side in Europe in the late 70s, and the Albanian dictators lot trying to ban McGrain entering the country because he hated beards.

Assomjng the Partizan Tirana game.

Yeah, Danny had heart issues recently, think he is fine though. Famously diabetic from young, that might have more of an impact in later years.

7 hours ago, charon said:

McGrains not deid ya loon.

Most famous for being the punchline to the joke about the girl that had two tattoos of players on her inner thighs. "Naw sure about the left or right one, but the middle ones Danny McGrain".

Re Wilson tho LFN, I 'think' he was the only non white to get capped for Scotland in 20th Century.

I know he aint dead!!

I actually thought he was much older than he actually is, the man was playing for Celtic forever! :D

• Haha 1

Newcastle United's former favourite chairman Freddy Shepherd, dead at 76

• Like 1

On 26/09/2017 at 14:09, time said:

Newcastle United's former favourite chairman Freddy Shepherd, dead at 76

Somehow looked on much more favourably on nufc forums now we've suffered ten years of Mike Ashley

Something up with Eboue, apparently?

"Abnormal blood test results",  word around the campfire is he's HIV+.

It's 2-2 in terms of the 1966 World Cup final and the Reaper, right? Bobby Moore put England 1-0 up in 1993, then Emmerich equalised in 2003 before Alan Ball put England back in front, via a heart attack and garden fire. Then in 2011, Haller (who actually scored in the final) died.

Now it seems a whole bunch of them are teetering on the brink.

Cos they cheated....

Another chance for the DDT unique DDP hit streak to continue.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, his obit is unlikely imo. Not even his wikipedia page is edited to say he's dead. That, and the largest mass shooting in modern american history and Tom Petty's death make any chance of his obit diminished...

• Like 1