Death in Vegas

Time Added

I put him on my shadowlist.Former Man United, Celtic player and Republic of Ireland international.Obit guaranteed. 

• Like 1

Yeah, out of all the young people with cancer, I thought Liam Miller was truly someone that is deathlisty. Obviously the committee didn’t agree...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, out of all the young people with cancer, I thought Liam Miller was truly someone that is deathlisty. Obviously the committee didn’t agree...

Must be.Cant believe they concluded he might not die.

Variety have a 95th birthday bash pencilled in for Bobby Brown in march.

Irrespective of him, should be good firm watching.

https://www.variety.org.uk/events/bobby-brown-tribute-lunch

Lol. Damn spelting.

As the oldest hun, oldest Scotland International, oldest Queens Park player, managed Scotland during the dethroning of the World Chumps in 67, he should get a good turn out of elderly targets.

If he lasts that long......

Brown's managed to outlive 4 of the team (Simpson, Gemmell, Baxter, Bremner) that beat England that day too.

Greig, McKinnon, McCreadie, McCalloig, Law, Lennox and Wallace all still going,  I think. Dunno how strong though.

We're ahead of the English team that day in Death stakes (Banks, J Charlton, Moore, Cohen, Wilson, Peters, Ball, Stiles, B Charlton, Greaves, Hurst) 2-4, but given their well documented health issues I think the English will pull ahead in that old game before too long.

• Thanks 1

Simpson was his back up at Queens I think.

On 03/03/2017 at 11:59, maryportfuncity said:

Former Premier League ref Paul Alcock has terminal cancer. Famed for sending off Paulo Di Canio and being rewarded with a shove.

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-premier-league-referee-paul-9939797

Deid http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/ex-ref-dies-after-battle-with-cancer-159296/

Latest on Liam Miller. Don't know if it's trustworthy but I doubt a self-proclaimed 'Celtic fanatic' would be lying. Looks grim.

On 1/7/2018 at 07:03, Thatcher said:

Nigel Sims, English goalkeeper who played for Wolverhampton Wanderers (1948-1956), Aston Villa (1956-1964) and Peterborough United (1964-1965), has reportedly died aged 86.

Not only is the UK press ignoring Sims' funeral, so is Aston Villa!

"08 Feb 2018 13:57:57
Hearing the football phone in last night and I was disappointed to hear that Nigel Sims had no wreaths sent from villa at his funeral who he played for 300 games, 
Yet he played for a few games at wolves, Peterborough and they sent flowers and wreaths, 
I find this very poor from aston villa,  It seems he has been forgotten in his years being a great goalie in our 57 cup winning side.
SC

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Not only is the UK press ignoring Sims' funeral, so is Aston Villa!

"08 Feb 2018 13:57:57
Hearing the football phone in last night and I was disappointed to hear that Nigel Sims had no wreaths sent from villa at his funeral who he played for 300 games, 
Yet he played for a few games at wolves, Peterborough and they sent flowers and wreaths, 
I find this very poor from aston villa,  It seems he has been forgotten in his years being a great goalie in our 57 cup winning side.
SC

Only non-qualifying obits, which has hacked me off no end!

Club did report themselves - https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/01/07/rip-nigel-sims

Nice piece here - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/goalkeeper-film-star-looks-who-14179892

Thought he was going to be the great British (Irish/Scottish/whatever you know what I mean) player of his generation when he broke through. No age at all. RIP.

Sad, but not unexpected with the Twitter chatter of recent weeks. RIP. Mail has it, btw.

• Like 1

very sad for one so young.

A synch of sorts.

Celtic beat Patrick 3-2 in the SC today.

Last scorer was also the last man that Miller hacked down for a red card in Scottish Fitba...

Connor Sammon had the last laugh....

* I'm getting pelters on tic forum for saying he had less than one seasons worth of appearances for Celtic and Man U combined, so the full treatment of minutes silence/ flegs half mast is way overboard. See Villa at top of the page.

Bruce himself has looked a prime candidate for a Jock Stein exit for some time.

• Like 1