Death in Vegas

Time Added

That reminds me of when Valderama was involved in a swap deal, for himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charon said:

That reminds me of when Valderama was involved in a swap deal, for himself.

An interesting point mind, if we were all our own bosses all the time today - how many of us would try and escape our main jobs by means of organising that very situation? 

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Mondonico è morto. Surprised nobody took a DDP punt on him.

He's got a Sun obit too. Fucking hell.

Thought he'd be one of the Serie A obsessed journos (James Richardson?) or bust on a quiet week, so didn't go for it.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

He's got a Sun obit too. Fucking hell.

Thought he'd be one of the Serie A obsessed journos (James Richardson?) or bust on a quiet week, so didn't go for it.

The Sun and Mirror have both been pretty quick on the mark recently when it comes to Serie A and La Liga deaths recently. I think that 1992 Uefa Cup final was what made me assume he'd QO, the Torino team at the lime was a lovely little outfit (Enzo Scifo, Roberto Mussi, a baby-faced Christian Vieri....)

Can't believe I didn't pick him for anything. I remember, there was some ok-looking picture of him late last year, so he disappeared from my teams. I also assumed that he wouldn't be unique.

Tbh, I checked him on my long list in December but completely forgot to put him in anything this year. Only use of dead pooling with him at all is in 40/40 where the Dead Cow chose him...

Ray Wilkins is one of many ex-footballers who have had drink problems.

Lol.

Watching BT Sport's celebration of 90s Italian football documentary at the moment trying to spot any signs of Ray Wilkins being clearly in deterioration. Can't see it, but Joe Jordan looks like shit.

Interview with Tommy Docherty this morning to celebrate his 90th birthday.

Sharp as a tack and his voice is exactly the same as 40 years ago, vocally hasn't aged a jot.

Don't think he's going anywhere soon, and with Bobby Brown similar at 93, Craig Brown or Bertie Vogts may be the next Scotland manager to peg.

^ Walter Smith or George Burley could be next, imo.

Could certainly see one or two of the younger ones going before Tommy Docherty anyhow.

Some twitter chatter is saying that Ray Wilkins has died. Waiting for more confirmation though...

EDIT: Might be false as there was a false report already from a few days ago or so, but I saw multiple tweets on it very recently, so watch this space...

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Some twitter chatter is saying that Ray Wilkins has died. Waiting for more confirmation though...

EDIT: Might be false as there was a false report already from a few days ago or so, but I saw multiple tweets on it very recently, so watch this space...

Well good on you should it happen.

Roy Wilkins is dead.  

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Induced coma and definitely "fighting for his life"

Just checked and nobody has him on the DDP.

Update on the other hun bar Wilkins circling, Mr Hubbard.

Looked a goner a fortnight ago, bit unfortunately for my Cup team he rallied, tho he cannot tell New Year from New York, and doesn't recognise anycunt.

The other thing I gleaned was the old bastard managed to pass his final degree for Brotherhood in the Masonic just last year.

Trying to ensure his place in Heaven.

Tough shit, he's for the Fire :)

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 06:40, LB93 said:

Ajax midfielder Abdelhak Nouri has suffered "serious and permanent" brain damage after a cardiac arrhythmia a few days ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/13/ajax-confirm-abdelhak-nouri-has-suffered-serious-permanent-brain/

Stricken Ajax midfielder Abdelhak Nouri, who suffered serious, lasting brain damage after collapsing during a friendly, has been transferred out of intensive care, and can breathe on his own, the club said Tuesday.  "He is no longer in an induced coma and has full respiratory functions," the club said, in a statement issued in the name of Nouri's family.

But it added soberly that "his condition further remains unchanged from previous updates and is stable, but with serious and permanent brain damage."

Well this is a serious blow to Cancel My Appointments DDP team, but frankly I don't root for death, it will come when it will come, and I'm happy to hear he has had limited progress.
That said, I think it's time for a joke: What is an Ajax fan's favourite vegetable?
SC

11 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Stricken Ajax midfielder Abdelhak Nouri, who suffered serious, lasting brain damage after collapsing during a friendly, has been transferred out of intensive care, and can breathe on his own, the club said Tuesday.  "He is no longer in an induced coma and has full respiratory functions," the club said, in a statement issued in the name of Nouri's family.

But it added soberly that "his condition further remains unchanged from previous updates and is stable, but with serious and permanent brain damage."

Well this is a serious blow to Cancel My Appointments DDP team, but frankly I don't root for death, it will come when it will come, and I'm happy to hear he has had limited progress.
That said, I think it's time for a joke: What is an Ajax fan's favourite vegetable?
SC

The article is from July 2017

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 15:25, Joey Russ said:

Really dead: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5971854/ray-wilkins-61-has-died-after-suffering-heart-attack/

• Like 1