Death in Vegas

Time Added

As it transpires, Wilkins is a miss for my 1982 TOTP theme team (third miss of the year so far) as he was on this little number UK #2:

• Like 2

The big orange fella ran in from the left and gave him a heart attack.

Everyone on twitter seems to be genuinely shocked. Seems to have been well regarded by most people. R.I.P 

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 18:00, msc said:

Possibly only of interest to me and Young Willz (though if he doesn't get a full BBC obit, I'll be having words) but have heard on the ground that the great man John Lambie is seriously ill. :(

I'm afraid to report that John Lambie has died: https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/john-lambie/

Think I had him as a sub in the cup for this month.

A true servant of the club, RIP.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'm afraid to report that John Lambie has died: https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/john-lambie/

Think I had him as a sub in the cup for this month.

A true servant of the club, RIP.

:(

:hatsoff:

Wont mean much to anyone else, but this is a dagger in the heart. Dude was wonderful - flaws, yes, but that's football - visited a close family member when they were gravely ill in hospital and told them every crap joke he could think off the top of his head. It worked too, they got better.

Although, reminds me of the time he was Falkirk manager - in between 4 stints at Thistle, he helped relegate one of our rivals, such is his big heart. Anyhow, Falkirk are doing shite, and he's in a car with the usual crew - Gerry Collins et all. Car knocks into theirs, deliberately, and knocks him off the road. He gets out, and the driver of the other car yells "You're a shite manager, Lambie!" at him, in a threatening manner. Quick as a flash, he replied to the guy: "Aye, and you're a shite driver!" Defused the situation. Always had to have the last word. :D

Surprised Spade not all over this, Sauro Toma at 92.

Only survivor from the 1949 Torino team that got wiped in a plane crash.

https://www.corriere.it/sport/18_aprile_10/grande-torino-morto-sauro-toma-ultimo-superstite-dell-epopea-granata-1aed8692-3cd6-11e8-87b2-a646d975b0f5.shtml

1 hour ago, charon said:

Surprised Spade not all over this, Sauro Toma at 92.

Only survivor from the 1949 Torino team that got wiped in a plane crash.

https://www.corriere.it/sport/18_aprile_10/grande-torino-morto-sauro-toma-ultimo-superstite-dell-epopea-granata-1aed8692-3cd6-11e8-87b2-a646d975b0f5.shtml

Could Sauro Toma even be considered a survivor? He was out injured at the time and therefore didn't travel with the squad on the date of their fateful flight. 

Survivor of the Team, not the flight......

Hey, not being on the plane is a damned good way to survive a plane crash, imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2018 at 20:03, charon said:

Update on the other hun bar Wilkins circling, Mr Hubbard.

Looked a goner a fortnight ago, bit unfortunately for my Cup team he rallied, tho he cannot tell New Year from New York, and doesn't recognise anycunt.

The other thing I gleaned was the old bastard managed to pass his final degree for Brotherhood in the Masonic just last year.

Trying to ensure his place in Heaven.

Tough shit, he's for the Fire :)

A picture of Hubbard apparently from the 8th April.

DaRcqcMW0AIIQUQ.jpg

Picture shrunk for YWillz's phone, but I've seen skeletons with less bony arms.

• Thanks 1

Its the look in his eyes if you look closely.

Da_Rcqc_MW0_AIIQUQ.jpg

Da_Rcqc_MW0_AIIQUQ.jpg360_lecter0103.jpg

• Haha 5

Pains me this (cos I met the man who was an honest grafter and did his best despite increasing fan resistence) but Greg Abbott needs time away from football for cancer treatment: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43767648

Seems positive about his prospects, mind

Obit chances should he be wrong are nailed on via BBC site.

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Interim Hearts of Oak manager Henry Wellington taken suddenly ill with "heart (not of oak) pains". You'd have said "so what" but I get the feeling a serving manager of any of African football's "name" teams would get a BBC obit, even if it's just on the African newsblog.

Hmm dunno - would he get an obit - say - in the final Premiershit week or during the World Cup Finals?

We may find out in the next few months eh?

Out of interest, I decided to see who Mr Wellington was interiming in the place of. My guess was "some westerner with a weird non-sensical career trajectory that suggests he may have ties to an agency and/or organised crime". I was right, come on down Loughborough University sports science graduate Frank Nuttall:

QQHjcK9.png

Given charon's mentioning Souness, just happen to be watching that Nesbitt doc series, Disasters that CHanged Britain. Quite good, but anyhow, ep on Munich and up as a talking head is 2018 Denis Law. Looks like fucking shite.

nintchdbpict000382329668.jpg?strip=all&w

Recent pic in the Sun but it flatters him. Got the old Scottish drunk circling the final drain look on screen, know it well.

Brian Glanville on the other hand, who also appears in this, looks bloody great. Could yet live to write the obits of Law, Souness and Pele.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Re Spades post 2 up, Nuttall was sacked two months ago, not for health reasons but for trousering cash in transfers.

Re Spades post 2 up, Nuttall was sacked two months ago, not for health reasons but for trousering cash in transfers.

Barrie Williams, former manager of Sutton United, including their FA Cup giant-killing of Coventry City in 1989, has died in Spain.

• Like 1

Lot of Twitter talk saying Dick Bate, "the coach's coach" and one of the most respected minds in English youth football development, has died. Coincidentally, that makes him the second former England women's national team manager to die in two days along with Mr Williams (above).

• Like 1