Death in Vegas

Time Added

FC Barcelona are in a period of mourning following the news that former club president, Josep Lluis Nunez, has died aged 87.
SC

So, here's a thing

Only eleven men have managed Manchester United since the war and of them only TWO - Matt Busby and Dave Sexton - are dead. The Doc (90), Wilf McGuinness (81) and Frank O' Farrell (91) - all of whom managed them in the 70's being the most obvious totterers in that company

• Like 1

Sur Alex most likely imo

14 minutes ago, charon said:

Sur Alex most likely imo

Only five years younger than Wilf McGuinness and he's had a stroke, so I see your point.

Felice Pulice. Never capped at international level, but goalkeeper for the notorious/batshit insane Lazio team of the mid-1970s that won the 73/74 Scudetto amid various murders and right-wing insurgencies. Dead at 72

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Felice Pulici. Never capped at international level, but goalkeeper for the notorious/batshit insane Lazio team of the mid-1970s that won the 73/74 Scudetto amid various murders and right-wing insurgencies. Dead at 72

FTFY.

7 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Waiting for a valid obit for that footballer who passed away this year? Wait no longer. Not sure how many are on list of the lost but loads of sports people here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/46554724

Nigel Sims is on there. 

And still no sign of Lindy Remigino. 

3o7TKzzEw2HsskTHnW.gif

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Waiting for a valid obit for that footballer who passed away this year? Wait no longer. Not sure how many are on list of the lost but loads of sports people here

Nigel Sims is on there. 

345 days between death and QO, will this record ever be defeated? It also means January 2018 is now officially the biggest month in DDP history (38 deaths).

• Like 1

Is it just me? :wheelchair:

Back int' day, these lists of dead of the year always seemed to be that filler news in the "quiet" period between Christmas and New Year. Now they seem to come thick and fast (oo-er, missus) over a fortnight before the end of the year. And in the past few years, there have been major personalities go, close to, on or after Christmas.

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Is it just me? :wheelchair:

Back int' day, these lists of dead of the year always seemed to be that filler news in the "quiet" period between Christmas and New Year. Now they seem to come thick and fast (oo-er, missus) over a fortnight before the end of the year. And in the past few years, there have been major personalities go, close to, on or after Christmas.

I always think its tempting fate to put out a years memoriam video before the 31st.

Look what happened when the BBC did their 2016 one on 23rd December! Carnage ensued!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Nigel Sims is on there. 

Ah, fantastic! I mean, after Derek Dudley's death I explained to Joey and Sir Creep that every premier league (ex-)player would obit. Sims was an annoying holdout.

16 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Nigel Sims is on there. 

Great.  It would be nice to get Alan Deakin on there too.

On 17/12/2018 at 12:01, gcreptile said:

Ah, fantastic! I mean, after Derek Dudley's death I explained to Joey and Sir Creep that every premier league (ex-)player would obit. Sims was an annoying holdout.

You didn't explain that this qualifies as an 'obit'.  And you could not possibly have expected this article to post and save your arse.  Lucky bastard.  They aren't obits imho.

Stanko Poklepović dead at 80. Former Croatian national team coach and four-time manager of Hadjuk Split, where he both won the first Croatian league title after independence and, when returning to the club in 2015, was the oldest known boss of a top-flight football team.

On 13/10/2018 at 08:24, Predictor said:

Jamaican footballer Luton Shelton (Nov 1985) has ALS. I remember him playing alongside Henrik Larsson at Helsingborg many years ago. He's Jamaica's all-time top scorer, so definitely obitable.

On 13/10/2018 at 08:43, msc said:

Help for that obit - he played 4 English Premier League matches for Sheffield United in 2007 and about a dozen more in the Championship.

Transcribed from local press, but Luton Shelton alleged to be "gravely ill" with ALS.

I phone post 75% of the time.  You get links and bolded names.  'Can't never could', Spade.

• Haha 3

More longlist combing - here's a more bizarre finding:

Gary Mabbutt, Spurs "legend", suffering from diabetes, had circulatory failure and heart surgery in 2017, says "a rat ate a part of my foot while I was sleeping":

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45323426

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

More longlist combing - here's a more bizarre finding:

Gary Mabbutt, Spurs "legend", suffering from diabetes, had circulatory failure and heart surgery in 2017, says "a rat ate a part of my foot while I was sleeping":

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45323426

Certain that was posted on here at the time.

• Like 1