Death in Vegas

Time Added

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Does anyone know who the oldest Scotland international is now? And the oldest living Rangers player?

I'll bow to any passing OoO here, but I *think* it's Doug Cowie now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Cowie_(footballer)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, msc said:

I'll bow to any passing OoO here, but I *think* it's Doug Cowie now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Cowie_(footballer)

Jack Butchart  maybe.  Dunno if he played any international games

https://balhousiecare.co.uk/news/dundee-uniteds-oldest-living-player-and-the-clubs-youngest-ever-player-meet-for-96th-birthday-treat/

On 15/01/2020 at 13:59, Joey Russ said:

That post really did deserve more love.  Instead utter bollocks around here gets 5 likes.  

Anyway, well done, Roey.  

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Former Notts county player Mick Vinter has sadly died aged just 65 from dementia. 

I remember him when he was playing!

• Like 1

Bournemouth FC have announced the sad news that one of their former players Robert Teppet  has passed away. Clearly on the younger side for an ex player. So sad.

7 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Bournemouth FC have announced the sad news that one of their former players Robert Teppet  has passed away. Clearly on the younger side for an ex player. So sad.

It is, but for clarity, this is a non league team and not the team currently near the bottom of the Premiership. 

• Thanks 1

I misread the flash notice on this one as Louis Thereoux - interviewer - jailed for attempted murder and fell of my chair in disbelief....

It's some nutter he interviewed by the name of Joe Exotic. Might kill himself so good for here.

Halifax  town FC have announced the sad news that one of their former players Jordan Sinnott has died aged just 25. .Matlock town FC in Derbyshire was who he played for before he passed away. 

He is the son of former football player and current manager of second division club Gainsborough trinity FC Lee Sinnott, who previously played for Watford,  Oldham Athletic and Crystal Palace amongst other clubs .

A clarification from the police regarding Jordan Sinnott, seems his former club misspoke with their tweet although apparently he is seriously ill and in a coma after an assault. 

Sadly his current football club have confirmed that Jordan has now died in a subsequent tweet saying he passed away at 7pm this evening. 

Luciano Gaucci, one of Italian football's most legendary insane chairmen (and that's a crowded field), dead at 81. Tried to sign a woman, did sign Colonel Gadaffi's son (and, even more bizarrely, Jay Bothroyd). Fired Ahn Jung-hwan for scoring against Italy at the World Cup, also fired a coach for taking his dog to a press conference.

• Like 2

Blackburn Rovers legend Tony Parkes joins the ex-footballers-with-surprisingly-early-Alzheimer's brigade. He's only 70 and apparently has been showing signs for a number of years:

• Sad 1

Grimsby town FC have announced that their former goalkeeper Tom Daley has died (no not that Tom Daley of the sexy in speedos kind) aged 86.

His footballing debut was no other than under the management of the legendary Bill Shankly. 

21 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

His footballing debut was no other than the legendary Bill Shankly. 

?:unsure:

Journeyman Brazilian striker Andre Neles, who had an unsuccessful spell at Benfica in the early 2000s, dead at 42. Not particularly notable except for the fact he was one of the numerous foreign players nationalised by the government of Equatorial Guinea in an attempt to bolster their national team. Didn't do much for them: three caps, zero goals.

The former Spartak Moscow player Valery Reingold (77) has died after a sudden heart attack.

Shariff Abdul Samat, a Singaporean footballer and son of Samad Allapitchay, has died aged 36 -