Death in Vegas

Time Added

29 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Apparently Peter Whittingham is not dead. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51928263

Cf - Roy Hudd who was dead and practically unnoticed, a weeping and a wailing from thousands about Whittingham only to find out he's alive.

? Hudd's death was all over the place for days!

2 minutes ago, msc said:

? Hudd's death was all over the place for days!

Nah, when I reported it, there was so little Twitter activity everyone wrote it off as a hoax, even me. (Though there was the ukulele thing which kept me hanging on). Next morning all over the place.

Immediate and trending was Whittingham, next morning he's alive all over the place! :lol:

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Haha - I win :D

Yes, I hadn't seen your post

• Like 1

Aww, now all the 5000 twitter reports can be re-posted.

*sigh*

(From a member of the Partick Thistle Family Club)

• Like 1

accidental fall at licensed premises

So he was pissed as a newt?

8 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

So he was pissed as a newt?

A charitable way of putting it would be to say he mis-timed a diving header

5 hours ago, chilean way said:

'They think it's all over....it is now'

• Like 1

On 18/03/2020 at 04:23, drol said:

It seems old bedblocker legendary Indian footballer PK Banerjee will be dead before tomorrow as his condition keeps deteriorating.

And so it (and he) has come to pass.  PK Banerjee dead.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/football/story/india-legend-pk-banerjee-dies-age-83-kolkata-illness-1657810-2020-03-20

On 29/02/2020 at 18:54, drol said:

Honduran legend of football José de la Paz Herrera, commonly known as Chelato Uclés, given very little chance to survive following heart attack and complications from diabetes.

Chelato Ucles discharged. Lucky guy.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

https://www.milenio.com/deportes/futbol/don-ignacio-trelles-murio-paz-casa-leti-hija

Ignacio Trelles, whose playing career spanned from 1932 through to 1949 and then went on to have several successes as a manager in his native Mexico - winning seven Mexican titles and managing the national team in five spells - including at two World Cups, has died aged 103.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2018 at 14:37, msc said:

Bit of a live update from the commentary on Bayern v Ajax in the Champions League, as one of his friends did a celebration for him. Nouri is apparently "getting better, thankfully" despite having "recently been in a coma".

He has finally waken up from the coma

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Ugh, considering what is happening around he might want to go back and try another time!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Steady on. It says he can move his eyebrows, also says he doesn't know his own name.

So he's a vegetable in other words. Not a miraculous springing out of bed after 32 months and saying "Hey, so what did I miss?".

On 02/10/2018 at 15:37, msc said:
On 02/04/2018 at 22:34, Sir Creep said:

Stricken Ajax midfielder Abdelhak Nouri, who suffered serious, lasting brain damage after collapsing during a friendly, has been transferred out of intensive care, and can breathe on his own, the club said Tuesday.  "He is no longer in an induced coma and has full respiratory functions," the club said, in a statement issued in the name of Nouri's family.

But it added soberly that "his condition further remains unchanged from previous updates and is stable, but with serious and permanent brain damage."

Well this is a serious blow to Cancel My Appointments DDP team, but frankly I don't root for death, it will come when it will come, and I'm happy to hear he has had limited progress.
That said, I think it's time for a joke: What is an Ajax fan's favourite vegetable?
SC

Bit of a live update from the commentary on Bayern v Ajax in the Champions League, as one of his friends did a celebration for him. Nouri is apparently "getting better, thankfully" despite having "recently been in a coma".

Former Ajax prodigy Abdelhak Nouri has awoken from a coma - two years and nine months after suffering a heart attack on the pitch in July 2017.

"He is able to only 'eat, sleep and frown'" -- I thought they were talking about ME.

SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Former Ajax prodigy Abdelhak Nouri has awoken from a coma - two years and nine months after suffering a heart attack on the pitch in July 2017.

"He is able to only 'eat, sleep and frown'" -- I thought they were talking about ME.

SC

:clivedunn:

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

:clivedunn:

Fair enough but my quote will remain the funniest thing posted today.

Jose Luis Capon

Athletico Madrid player who won 2 league titles with club in the 1970s is dead at age 72. Also appeared 13 times for the Spanish national team

The former Steaua Bucharest goalkeeper Martin Tudor has died suddenly at the age of 43.

He made 126 appearances for Steaua between 1999 and 2005 before leaving for CFR Cluj and then their cross-town rivals Universitatea Cluj before ending his career with Steaua's second-string in 2010.

A doubler here, two Ghanaian legends have passed in the last 24 hours.

Today, Kwasi Owusu died aged 72, he was a part of the Black Stars squad that reached the final of the 1970 African Cup of Nations, losing to Sudan. He was also the all-time leading goalscorer for the Ghana national team until he was surpassed by Asamoah Gyan.

https://theunionjournal.com/ghana-loses-second-legend-in-two-days-as-kwasi-owusu-passes-away/

Yesterday, it was announced that Opoku Afriyie, known in his homeland as 'Bayie' had died aged 75, he was part of the Ghana side that won the 1978 Africa Cup of Nations on home soil - which set a record at the time as Ghana became the first side to win the continental title on three occasions [since surpassed by Egypt].

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/ghanas-1978-afcon-winner-opoku-afriyie-confirmed-dead/ar-BB11Skaa