Death in Vegas

Time Added

On 07/09/2018 at 13:52, Dead Wait said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6142181/BBC-pundit-Mark-Lawrenson-reveals-secret-cancer-battle.html

Mark Lawrenson reveals secret cancer battle (over now though if you don’t want to click the link).......

Lawro appears to have been somewhat aged by cancer.

EZhK0u1X0Ackb75?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

On 15/05/2020 at 22:09, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11634453/kenny-sansom-hospital-row-devon/

Kenny Sansom fighting for life after being beaten up.:o

Update of sorts - still ill, stable but requiring 24/7 care.

I think this is probably him now tbh.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Update of sorts - still ill, stable but requiring 24/7 care.

I think this is probably him now tbh.

"He's stable and does not have COVID-19. Kenny's family and close friends still kindly ask the media to respect Kenny's privacy and theirs, plus that of the healthcare workers treating Kenny."

Seems pretty much that he's in indefinite palliative care to me, in the unlikely event he makes December he's a Joker given he's only 61. 

Local social media reported ex-Villa & Southampton centre back Chris Nicholl had gone missing around the streets on South Staffordshire east of Cannock this afternoon.  Found after couple of hours.  Known to be suffering from some form of degenerative illness.

36 minutes ago, Grande Pablo said:

Local social media reported ex-Villa & Southampton centre back Chris Nicholl had gone missing around the streets on South Staffordshire east of Cannock this afternoon.  Found after couple of hours.  Known to be suffering from some form of degenerative illness.

Apparently not the first time he’s wandered off, having done so last September:

16 hours ago, Grande Pablo said:

Former Southampton manager as well. Very sad 

According to Front row soccer website and wikipedia  former British football player Ralph Wright who played for numerous teams including Hartlepool United,  Norwich City and Bolton Wanderers and latterly in American teams has died aged 72.

Former Manchester United defender and 1968 European Cup winner Tony Dunne has died aged 78.

• Like 1

Parviz Aboutaleb, who briefly managed the Iran national team in 1982, has died aged 78.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/448706/Ex-Iran-coach-Parviz-Aboutaleb-passes-away

In his playing career, he represented Rah Ahan from 1958-60 before moving to Deyhim for a year before playing for Taj, later Esteghlal between 1961 and 1967.

He managed various age-group teams including Iran's Under-17, Under-20 and Under-23 sides before his stint with the senior national side.

• Like 1

On TV so no photos but watching a recent BT Sport doc about Man United in the 70s and Pat Crerand looks fucked, lost weight, gaunt in the cheeks, skeletal hands, slurred speech etc.

Also Tommy Docherty has shown up. He always used to look good for his age but it's really catching up with him now. He's got the old man red face from vascular issues look going on.

Denis Law looks like shit but strangely better than he did about 2 years ago.

EDIT - John Cooper-Clarke looks ghastly too. This is nearly a one stop shop for DDP form guides.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, msc said:

On TV so no photos but watching a recent BT Sport doc about Man United in the 70s and Pat Crerand looks fucked, lost weight, gaunt in the cheeks, skeletal hands, slurred speech etc.

Also Tommy Docherty has shown up. He always used to look good for his age but it's really catching up with him now. He's got the old man red face from vascular issues look going on.

Denis Law looks like shit but strangely better than he did about 2 years ago.

EDIT - John Cooper-Clarke looks ghastly too. This is nearly a one stop shop for DDP form guides.

Pat Crerand has never been the sharpest tool in the box but i wouldn't be surprised if he has the early stages of Dementia, agree he looks bad.

Tommy Docherty-Was reading an article with Lawrie McMenemy a couple of weeks ago he mentioned that Docherty's health had declined recently but went into no more detail than that so wouldn't be surprised if he has Vascular issues and he is 92 now so age was going to catch up with him eventually. I don't think he has ever particularly took great care of himself i remember him once saying something along the lines of 'If i knew i was going to live as long as i have i would of taken better care of myself.' 

Denis Law- Has looked awful for years, he is one of those who when you look at him you don't know how he keeps going nice to hear he looks a bit better but that doesn't take much. 

Whatever happens from here Docherty has done very well to make it to 92 and apparently still with his marbles intact . Very few nonagenarian Scottish footballers from the 1940s and 1950s still around. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Whatever happens from here Docherty has done very well to make it to 92 and apparently still with his marbles intact . Very few nonagenarian Scottish footballers from the 1940s and 1950s still around. 

Which is why he should be on the 2021 List.

Oh Docherty is still chatting away about his time at United from an armchair. His mind still clearly works, even if he himself is start to show his age.

Here's a screenshot which isn't as good as my laptop darkens the picture. On screen he starts like that and goes bright red after about 10 seconds of talk, which is another hint at vascular issues, as is the broken veins on his cheeks and neck.

tommy d.png

1 hour ago, msc said:

Oh Docherty is still chatting away about his time at United from an armchair. His mind still clearly works, even if he himself is start to show his age.

Here's a screenshot which isn't as good as my laptop darkens the picture. On screen he starts like that and goes bright red after about 10 seconds of talk, which is another hint at vascular issues, as is the broken veins on his cheeks and neck.

tommy d.png

Doesn't look bad for 92 if that is recent. He's never exactly been svelte either so it's a minor miracle the Doc is still going. Although is that the Grim Reaper on horseback stalking him? 

2 hours ago, msc said:

tommy d.png

If I was to guess how old he was from that picture I would of said early - mid 80's  Does;t lok like he is in his 90's

• Like 1

On 02/06/2020 at 20:45, msc said:

Lawro appears to have been somewhat aged by cancer.

EZhK0u1X0Ackb75?format=jpg&name=large

Bit cruel to the rest of us, mind - sporting that shiny bald head and reflecting bright sunshine!

3 hours ago, MarcJWallace said:

Togolese international footballer Kossi Koudagba has died of a short illness aged just 24 - https://africa.espn.com/football/togo/story/4115480/togo-striker-kossi-koudagba-dies-after-short-illness

Team: Hey Coach, why isn’t Kossi here?

Coach: Kossi dead.

• Haha 1

Former US national team player (2 appearances only) Ken Snow dead at 50 from the cold they call COVID-19.

• Like 1