Death in Vegas

Time Added

2 hours ago, Genfærd said:

That's a long, long, LONG stretch.

Never said anymore than watch.  Is that too difficult for you ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Never said anymore than watch.  Is that too difficult for you ?

But you did say anymore than watch. You created an entire timeline.

Calm down, I just don't see it.

13 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

But you did say anymore than watch. You created an entire timeline.

Calm down, I just don't see it.

eh ?
WTF are you on about ?

Former referee Peter Willis, who refereed the 1985 FA Cup final, in which he became the first ref to issue a red card in a FA Cup final (Manchester United's Kevin Moran), has died aged 83.

• Like 5

Report of the death of Tommy Leishman, Scottish Cup winner with St Mirren in 1959 who went on to play for Shankly's Liverpool and take Linfield FC to the quarters of the European Cup in the same year Celtic won: 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Tommy Leishman, Scottish Cup winner with St Mirren in 1959 who went on to play for Shankly's Liverpool and take Linfield FC to the quarters of the European Cup in the same year Celtic won: 

Any relation to On the Take Jim off Livie, Labour and SFA squad announcement videos?;)

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Any relation to On the Take Jim off Livie, Labour and SFA squad announcement videos?;)

This is a series of words I don't understand, unfortunately! :lol:

Report by a BBC reporter of the death of Mike Smith, manager of Wales for 5 years in the 1970s, followed by a spell in charge of Egypt, winning the African Cup Of Nations in 1986: 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Report by a BBC reporter of the death of Mike Smith, manager of Wales for 5 years in the 1970s, followed by a spell in charge of Egypt, winning the African Cup Of Nations in 1986: 

Strange, I can vaguely remember Dave Bowen, and well remember Mike England, and everyone else from Terry Yorath onwards, but I have no recollection of Mike Smith, despite him having two goes at the job.

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

This is a series of words I don't understand, unfortunately! :lol:

Any relation to Jim Leishman, former Scottish football manager, current Labour politician in Fife (nuff said?), and terrible poet. Presumably not.

JIm also appeared in the Scotland Euro 2020 squad announcement pretending to order fish and chips. His acting was as good as that time he managed Dunfermline - no very!

• Haha 2

Just now, msc said:

Any relation to Jim Leishman, former Scottish football manager, current Labour politician in Fife (nuff said?), and terrible poet. Presumably not.

JIm also appeared in the Scotland Euro 2020 squad announcement pretending to order fish and chips. His acting was as good as that time he managed Dunfermline - no very!

Ah! Well Jim is about 16 years younger than Tommy - So unlikely dad son....I mean, they're not from an English cooncil estate! ;)

Otherwise, I have no idea...could be long lost cousins I guess, though probably the late Tommy is denying all familial relations from wherever he is. Well, wouldn't you? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Any relation to Jim Leishman, former Scottish football manager, current Labour politician in Fife (nuff said?), and terrible poet.

Wow... Jim Leishman. :o

He said: "Aye, all that poetry stuff... I regret it. I was stupid and I rose to the bait and time". :huh:

I think nothing more needs to be said about the matter. :P

@msc... I cannot imagine Lord Byron repenting of his poems. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, MariNisia said:

Wow... Jim Leishman. :o

He said: "Aye, all that poetry stuff... I regret it. I was stupid and I rose to the bait and time". :huh:

I think nothing more needs to be said about the matter. :P

@msc... I cannot imagine Lord Byron repenting of his poems. :rolleyes:

Neither can I. Lord Byron wasn't shite at poetry. :lol:

• Haha 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9836879/Hillsborough-claims-97th-victim-coroner-rules-Andrew-Devine-unlawfully-killed.html

Andrew Devine from Mossley Hill in Liverpool who was badly injured and suffered brain damage as a result of the Hillsborough disaster has died as a result and thus now been declared the 97th victim of the disaster. 

• Like 1

Cross-post from the Fringes of Fame thread, Geraldo Francisco dos Santos, known during his playing career as Zizinho, has died aged 59.

https://www.espn.com.mx/futbol/mexico/nota/_/id/8981008/giovani-dos-santos-papa-zizinho-muerte-america-liga-mx

He was also the father of the Mexican international brothers Giovani, who played for Barcelona and Spurs; and Jonathan, who played for Barcelona and Villarreal.

Both brothers currently play together at MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy.

• Like 1

16 year old wonderkid from AFC Ajax, Noah Gesser, died in a car crash with his brother.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

15 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

Leeds United legend Terry Cooper dead at 77. 

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/28425/rip-terry-cooper

Cooper is the 7th Leeds player from the starting line-up of the 1970 FA Cup final against Chelsea. They've also lost sub Mick Bates a couple of weeks ago (as well as manager Don Revie). In contrast, Chelsea have lost just 4 of their starting XI (plus manager Dave Sexton).

Of the survivors, Chelsea sub Marvin Hinton is the oldest followed by Eddie McCreadie (both 81), then Johnny Giles, 80. The youngest is Eddie Gray at a mere 73 (as is David Harvey, who replaced Gary Sprake for the replay). Chelsea's youngest survivors are David Webb & John Dempsey, both 75.

That's some amount of losses given you'd imagine most of the players would have been in around 30 at the time of the final.