Death in Vegas

Time Added

Allan Brown

The former Blackpool player and manager has died aged 84. The Scot began his playing career at East Fife. During his playing subsequent stint at Bloomfield Road he was unlucky to miss two FA Cup Finals through injury, the second time (the "Matthews Final") when he broke his leg in scoring the winner in the quarter final against Arsenal. After Blackpool he went on to play at Luton Town, Portsmouth and Wigan Athletic. His management carrer took him to Wigan, Luton, Torquay, Bury and Nottingham Forest before his two spells with the Tangerines. He also won 13 caps for Scotland.

• Like 1

The police are adamant that the parcel bombs to Neil Lennon and others are NOT the work of an organised group but ARE genuinely intended to kill or maim. All told, with Rio Ferdinand's deranged stalker, it's been a busy week for nutters with a football fixation.

Dutch football coach Wiel Coerver, who in 1974 won the Dutch Championship as well as the UEFA cup with Feyenoord, died today, aged 86.

regards,

Hein

Willie O'Neill, a defender in Glasgow Celtic's famous Lisbon Lions squad - they were the first British team to win the European Cup in 1967 - has sadly passed away. Hail! Hail! Willie :shoot2:

Eddie Lewis

One of the original "Busby Babes" has died aged 76 in South Africa. He didn't make it as a regular at Old Trafford, making just 24 appearances before going on to play for Preston, West Ham and Leyton Orient.

Former Northern Ireland international (1 cap, 1 goal, vs England in 1957) Sammy McCrory has died aged 86.

He also played for Ipswich, scoring 40 times in 102 appearances.

After his playing career, McCrory ran a bar called the Port O'Call in Donaghadee, with George Best performing the opening ceremony in 1969.

Bert Trautmann seems to have his health, if not a ticket for tomorrow. I mean, obviously, he's fairly active posting on here, but I thought I'd share this Independent article as well.

Unless something truly extraordinary occurs in tomorrow's FA Cup final, 87-year-old Bert Trautmann, the goalkeeper who in the 1956 final successfully protected Manchester City's 3-1 lead over Birmingham City despite an injury that turned out to be a broken neck, will finish the weekend as he starts it: City's greatest Cup hero of all time, if not the greatest of all Wembley heroes, full stop.

All of which makes it more than a little sad that when I phone him at his home in Spain to set up a time for our interview, Trautmann is feeling upset that he has not been formally invited to the final. His old team-mate Johnny Williamson has called to say that the club have asked if he would like to go, but Trautmann declined, reasoning that he and his wife should have been sent an official invitation.

"I know City don't owe me anything," he tells me. "And they are better than they were when I was playing, when you had to get down on your knees to get a cup of tea. But they've had three weeks to invite me properly, and they haven't. Something is missing in football now. It is run by technocrats and bureaucrats. The warm-heartedness has gone."

Former Scottish football boss Ernie Walker has heard the full time whistle. He attended 5 world cups with the Scotland team.That seems a long time ago now...

What's the difference between my toolbox and the Premier League?

There will be hammers in my toolbox next week.

Odd story doing the rounds on Twatter & some of the forums is that ex-Villa anti-hero Savo Milosevic's father has been shot dead by his grandfather.

Cynics would say the accurate shooting gene didn't make it to the youngest generation of the Milosevic family, but Savo will always remain a hero of mine!

Former manager of Croatia Tomaslav Ivic has died.Still trying to find an english obit though.One Italian newspaper described him as the most succesful football manager in history

Former manager of Croatia Tomaslav Ivic has died.Still trying to find an english obit though.One Italian newspaper described him as the most succesful football manager in history

Will this do?

This is a big one...

Former Dutch goalie Jan van Beveren died at age 63. He wore the jerseys of Sparta Rotterdam and PSV Eindhoven and was capped 32 times. He won the 1978 UEFA cup with PSV and was a three time champion with the same club. He died in the USA where he lived after ending his playing career. This would have the same impact in England if Peter Shilton or Pat Jennings would have died.

Wikipedia.

media_xl_878942.jpg

Edit:

Late addition to this message is a NYT obit.

A surely deserved spot on this forum.

Of all the former Manchester City players who might have gone this year, I wouldn't have said Mike Doyle, who has died aged 64, from liver failure

The Hungarian manager of the Liberian national team, Bertalan Bicseki, has died after eating a poisoned biscuit during a Liberian team training sesson.

The Hungarian manager of the Liberian national team, Bertalan Bicseki, has died after eating a poisoned biscuit during a Liberian team training sesson.

Hmmmm... :angel5:

Are you doubting LiberianSoccer.com?

Who can doubt an article with sentences like:

True to his threat, [Joe Nagbe] has thrown in the tower to the disbelief of many.

B)

regards,

Hein

Are you doubting LiberianSoccer.com?

I don't doubt the story Spade, just whether the poor chaps death was entirely accidental...