Death in Vegas

Time Added

Helmut Haller has died at the age of 73

2-2! Fine equaliser for the Germans, and it certainly crossed the line. Who'll be next to slot one home? I bet OoO knows 'oo.

I've a feeling Nobby Stiles will be next to go

• Like 1

2-2! Fine equaliser for the Germans, and it certainly crossed the line. Who'll be next to slot one home? I bet OoO knows 'oo.

Hans Tilkowski will make it 3-2 for West Germany I should think.

Hans Tilkowski will make it 3-2 for West Germany I should think.

What's wrong with Hans? I couldn't find any info on his health

No Mr Bond - ex-player and Norwich, Man City, Bournemouth boss John has died.

They'll be dancing in the streets of Burnley

Helmut Haller has died at the age of 73

I've a feeling Nobby Stiles will be next to go

I agree about Nobby,brilliant Jimmy avatar btw

Daily Star chief football writer and host of Sky Sports' Sunday Supplement Brian Woolnough has died of bowel cancer

wow i didn't know he had died . Watched him many times when he hosted the sunday supplement , didn't really like the show but thought he was good host.

Question... Harry, is the winner of this 1966 final race the team with players still alive or the team of those totally dead?

Milija Aleksic, the former Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper, has died aged 61.

Question... Harry, is the winner of this 1966 final race the team with players still alive or the team of those totally dead?

Also, could we have a fair race for any final later than 1966? No subs allowed or used in that game, so it's 12 against twelve if you count the two (dead) managers.

I thought that was the year that Ray Clemence played for Spurs in the F.A. Cup after his move from Liverpool, but it was 1982.

I thought that was the year that Ray Clemence played for Spurs in the F.A. Cup after his move from Liverpool, but it was 1982.

Aleksic was Spurs' goalie in the 1981 final win against Man City. Ricky Villa and all that...

Guest phantom

Posted Today, 08:27 PM

Phantom, on 20 October 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

snapback.pngthemaninblack, on 19 October 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Aleksic was Spurs' goalie in the 1981 final win against Man City. Ricky Villa and all that...

I realise that, for some reason I just couldn't recall Aleksic in the team, even though I watched that Cup Final and the replay

Former England, Burnley & Manchester United player John Connelly has died aged 74.

He played in England's opening game in the 1966 World Cup, but was dropped after the 0-0 draw with Uruguay. That was his last cap.

Frenchman Bruno Metsu, 58, who guided Senegal to the last sixteen of the 2002 World Cup, has been diagnosed with stomach cancer.

Frenchman Bruno Metsu, 58, who guided Senegal to the last sixteen of the 2002 World Cup, has been diagnosed with stomach cancer.

I was hoping this one might be kept under wraps, I was going to go with him on the basis that he'd be a rare choice not sure he's worth a pick now as he could easily survive to 2014 if he's just been diagnosed.

Metsu's cancer is so bad apparently the only camera that can take photos of him is a Nokia 3310.

407652_483192765035142_53558148_n.jpg

Apparently his mullet can conceivably survive the cancer even if he dies...

A Pelican In The Wilderness also picked Patriarch Maxim, so two of their total of four hits have died today.

A good day for the Pelican. No sign of the Munoz obit though...

No sign of the Munoz obit though...

Tell me about it, I'm 10 minutes away from writing a Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells letter to the Telegraph decrying the falling moral standards that mean a great Christian ambassador's death isn't reported in their publication.

Tell me about it, I'm 10 minutes away from writing a Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells letter to the Telegraph decrying the falling moral standards that mean a great Christian ambassador's death isn't reported in their publication.

I'd hang on a few days as they may do a Religion Special with Maxim, Munoz and Mesrob II Mutafayan (hopefully.....)

• Like 1