Sign in to follow this  
football_fan

The Seventh 2008 Success Poll

The Seventh 2008 Success Poll  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Sydney Pollack

With the list getting smaller and smaller, this should be getting easier. So I'll cast my vote for Ariel Sharon

It's got to be Sydney next...

Voted for Felt.

<----- One vote for Ronnie Biggs over here please.

I voted for Sydney Pollack, my Death League Franchise Player!

sticking with Basil D'Oliveira

Pollack, just to be different. Though the 20+ percent of the vote heading Dunnwards again is interesting. Is this wishful thinking or is there stuff going on we should ALL know about?

Having grown utterly board of voting for Claude I thought Kirk Douglas might be tempted to join the recent run of film actors. I wonder if Kirk Douglas, Richard Widmark and Charlton Heston were ever in the same film? Probably not, since each was big enough to carry a film on their own.

I'm throwing in with Canadian Paul's "its complicated"...voted Stubbs

Having grown utterly board of voting for Claude I thought Kirk Douglas might be tempted to join the recent run of film actors. I wonder if Kirk Douglas, Richard Widmark and Charlton Heston were ever in the same film? Probably not, since each was big enough to carry a film on their own.

I'm pretty sure the three never all worked together, but Widmark was in How the West Was Won with both Karl Malden and Eli Wallach, and with Kirk Douglas in The Way West.

I still voted for Felt, though.

I'm pretty sure the three never all worked together, but Widmark was in How the West Was Won with both Karl Malden and Eli Wallach, and with Kirk Douglas in The Way West.

I still voted for Felt, though.

But Herbert Lom is the Kevin Bacon of the 2008 DL piece. He was in Night and the City with Widmark, Spartacus with Douglas and El Cid with Heston. Blake Edwards also directed him three times in the Pink Panther movies.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a German PoW extra in Dad's Army, played in the same Sunday league footy team as Levi-Strauss, married Zsa Zsa a couple of times and trained as a fighter pilot alongside Norman Wisdom either.

Levi-Strauss. Just pity him.

I voted for him as well. Dunno, just seems like he's lived long enough.

Not J.D. Salinger, for he is a mythical creature and will thus never die.

I voted Rev. Billy Graham.

So is Pollack ill or something?

I voted Rev. Billy Graham.

So is Pollack ill or something?

Where have you been, Windsor? ;)

But Herbert Lom is the Kevin Bacon of the 2008 DL piece. He was in Night and the City with Widmark, Spartacus with Douglas and El Cid with Heston. Blake Edwards also directed him three times in the Pink Panther movies.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a German PoW extra in Dad's Army, played in the same Sunday league footy team as Levi-Strauss, married Zsa Zsa a couple of times and trained as a fighter pilot alongside Norman Wisdom either.

Well... as far as Dunny is concerned, you can add another one.

They were both interviewed for "The Unforgettable... John Le Mesurier" in 2001.

And Heston & Widmark & Douglas together.. nope, fraid not.

I voted for Betty Ford, to die shortly after hitting the big 90 today.

I've postponed my seventh success pole vote because I really wanted to give this one some thought. At risk of somebody dropping dead this weekend I've really put this one into perspective. I've voted for Pollack enough, and the same goes for Felt. I figure if I don't guess either of them at least they are hits for my DDP team. I just voted for Yitzhak Shamir previously, and I got it wrong. I reported Michael Foot's death which was a hoax, and it would be too ironic for him to be the very next number. I'm now left with three names. (Solzhenitsyn) (Pincher) and (Wisdom). The whole selective ordeal is very complicated and I mention 'Solzhenitsyn' because this year it seems there has been a pattern with (the frail) facing their final show down a little sooner then one might think. Overall I've made my decision ...

I'm going to say the committee did a good job selecting Chapman Pincher.