Vaagheid

The Stars Of B-cinema

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

All over Twitter that Barbara Shelley, Hammer scream queen, has died.

Awaiting reports, of course. And the usual honourable mention - was in Doctor Who.

Why has Barbara Shelley's death been reported on the b list thread?She was a major star ! She appeared in possibly my all time favourite horror movie Dracula Prince of Darkness which was a Hammer production! . In fact I think she was the last surviving actor from it.

Good excuse to watch a bunch of Hammer films she was in during the lockdown ! I think I'll start with Quatermass and the Pit ..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Why has Barbara Shelley's death been reported on the b list thread?She was a major star ! She appeared in possibly my all time favourite horror movie Dracula Prince of Darkness which was a Hammer production! . In fact I think she was the last surviving actor from it.

Good excuse to watch a bunch of Hammer films she was in during the lockdown ! I think I'll start with Quatermass and the Pit ..

B-list B is for butthurt, which you clearly are.
Quatermass was a decent band for an album.  

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

B-list B is for butthurt, which you clearly are.
Quatermass was a decent band for an album.  

Incidentally, they took their name from the lead character, Bernard Quartermass, in the films/television serials.

"Butthurt" is a really stupid word. 

• Like 2

On 13/01/2020 at 23:57, BCAlum2000 said:

Julie Strain turned out to be the victim of a cruel death hoax...

However, actor Stan Kirsch, best known for starring in the television series Highlander as Richie Ryan, the protege of Duncan McLeod, is dead.  And unfortunately, this is not a hoax...

Twitter saying Strain is dead now. Obviously considering what happened last time awaiting further confirmation 

Seems to be legit so far as the family have apparently confirmed it. 

First hit for my B team if she doesn't pull a Tanya Roberts.

59 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Seems to be legit so far as their family have apparently confirmed it. 

I am hearing mixed messages, with some claiming that it's just another cruel hoax, and supposedly two close family friends have confirmed her passing.  

No formal announcement though, and I'm not sure why.  You'd think her boyfriend would clear the air by now, but hasn't.  It happened exactly the same time last year, but her boyfriend didn't clear up the rumors until hours later.  I hope her boyfriend sets the record straight, even if she has indeed passed on.  

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

Seems to be legit so far as their family have apparently confirmed it. 

Hit for me in a number of places... provided she gets a QO

15 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Hit for me in a number of places... provided she gets a QO

FWIW the false report of her death (and subsequent denial of) got Yahoo UK coverage, so her actual death should be a safe QO.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Obvious place for a Julie Strain QO: Giles Coren's Times column.

Also probably the quirkiest way to ever fulfill the criteria of "saying that they died":

"Julie Strain mown down like so many dogs, in a holocaust of celebrities"

That’s not an O for a QO.  Your lackadaisical  rules are a joke. 

Twitter reporting the death of noted British horror film director Norman J. Warren, the man behind such films as Satan's Slave, Inseminoid, Prey and Terror.

• Like 2

Report on Twitter of the death of Desiree Gould (wiki), aged 76, known for her role of Aunt Martha in the 1983 slasher movie Sleepaway Camp.

• Like 1

Actress Judy Jarvis (formerly Judy Matheson) is reporting the death of Mary Collinson, one of a pair of identical twin models who appeared in Playboy, but went on to have a minor career in film, particularly the Hammer flick Twins Of Evil: 

Her twin Madeleine died in 2014.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0172770/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Actress Judy Jarvis (formerly Judy Matheson) is reporting the death of Mary Collinson, one of a pair of identical twin models who appeared in Playboy, but went on to have a minor career in film, particularly the Hammer flick Twins Of Evil

*snip*

Her twin Madeleine died in 2014.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0172770/

Daily Star obit.

• Thanks 1

Reports coming through that London born actor Paul Kelman, who played TJ in slasher flick My Bloody Valentine, has died aged 72: 

The main reports seem to be from Visage Tome (Face Book), but obvs I can't access that.

• Like 2

On 01/02/2022 at 12:28, YoungWillz said:

Reports coming through that London born actor Paul Kelman, who played TJ in slasher flick My Bloody Valentine, has died aged 72: 

The main reports seem to be from Visage Tome (Face Book), but obvs I can't access that.

Obit from Bloody Disgusting as confirmation.

• Like 1

B-movie film director Albert Pyun; probably best known for 1990's "Captain America" from the dark age of Marvel movie adaptions, and 1989's "Cyborg" starring Jean-Claude van Damme, suffers from MS and dementia and briefly went missing after posting a message indicating he might be suicidal before being found safe. 

Veronica Carlson, (IMDB) best known for her appearances in Hammer horror stories including The Horror Of Frankenstein, but also a part in the more mainstream Smashing Time and a bit part in The Magnificent Two, being reported dead: 

• Like 2

From a convo on living Plan 9 from Outer Space actors from five years ago:

On 06/12/2017 at 18:33, Spade_Cooley said:

IMDB lists four actors from it as still alive (two credited, two uncredited), but they're all people who could be dead and unreported. 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0212553/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t17

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8604139/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t27

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0831798/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t28

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0030838/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t5

On 06/12/2017 at 18:37, Spade_Cooley said:

Although Carl Anthony Wuco, Patrolman Larry, seems to have lived a pretty interesting life. He used to fly planes blindfolded as a publicity stunt and was later found with 1,000lbs of cannabis

Carl Anthony Wuco was alive at the time of these posts, but died in 2021. However Gloria Dea is still alive and turned 100 this August. She was also the very first magician to perform in Vegas.

Albert Pyun is "in his final days" and receiving in-home hospice care per his wife's FB.

(Kind of surprised he seems to only have one prior mention on this site given that he's been seriously ill with MS and dementia for about a decade now.)

• Like 2

Variety obit for Pyun.

The modern Ed Wood survived by an Ed Wood older than Ed Wood, unsinkable Bert I. Gordon.

• Like 1