Sign in to follow this  
Godot

Jenni Murray

Yup, to discuss Jenni Murray and her problems. But also I thought it might be a celebration of Woman's Hour over the millennia, as an alternative "women friendly" thread for discussion of sensitive topics such as hot flushes, PMT (pathetic men's tension), equality issues, all the "ings" (cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, ironing, washing, baking, sowing, knitting, breeding, screening), hot topics in People's Friend, daytime TV, Trisha and all the latest gossip in OK magazine plus more "right on" up to date Jenni Murray stuff such as how to deal with premature ejaculation.

Just to kick things off: do you prefer the Dyson upright to the pull along? Personally I like the way the pull-along can get at the stairs. Come on chaps and chapesses, get together with your inner selves.

Here's the last list you're going to see on this thread:

Coming up: marmalade - does and don'ts

How to get closer to your cat

Where to find knickers that fit

Giving birth - is it worth it?

Tattooing - how discreet should it be?

How to end the affair

Is Patrick Moore gay?

• Like 1

Godot, what are you trying to prove? I'm serious. Let's have a one on one talk. You explain it to me.

Yup, to discuss Jenni Murray and her problems. But also I thought it might be a celebration of Woman's Hour over the millennia, as an alternative "women friendly" thread for discussion of sensitive topics such as hot flushes, PMT (pathetic men's tension), equality issues, all the "ings" (cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, ironing, washing, baking, sowing, knitting, breeding, screening), hot topics in People's Friend, daytime TV, Trisha and all the latest gossip in OK magazine plus more "right on" up to date Jenni Murray stuff such as how to deal with premature ejaculation.

Just to kick things off: do you prefer the Dyson upright to the pull along? Personally I like the way the pull-along can get at the stairs. Come on chaps and chapesses, get together with your inner selves.

Here's the last list you're going to see on this thread:

Coming up: marmalade - does and don'ts

How to get closer to your cat

Where to find knickers that fit

Giving birth - is it worth it?

How to end the affair

Is Patrick Moore gay?

Sowing? ;)

Anyhow, I prefer the upright, it's much easier for a short person like myself.

I have no preference as I get scsi to do the hoovering, I find having asthma is a great excuse to get out of it ;) .

The more discreet the better. A tattoo is a very private thing that should be on display once a year. And then only to close military friends and interested paying customers -- and maybe a TV outside broadcast unit or two. I find showing it in a remote craggy Scottish castle works best, as the general public and tattoophobes cannot stumble across, what should be, a genteel and private moment amongst consenting friends.

The upright - standing up for good old British smut

Coming up: marmalade - does and don'ts - Just don't

How to get closer to your cat - Nail it to a nearby wall

Where to find knickers that fit - buy the largest you can and eat your way into them

Giving birth - is it worth it? = It depends on who you have sex with

Tattooing - how discreet should it be? - Agree entirely with Honez

How to end the affair - On the Jeremy Kyle show

Is Patrick Moore gay? - It's far too late to tell

Sowing? ;)

As you riprepair03beforevw7.th.jpgrepair03afterjs5.th.jpg so shall ye sew.

Yup, to discuss Jenni Murray and her problems. But also I thought it might be a celebration of Woman's Hour over the millennia, as an alternative "women friendly" thread for discussion of sensitive topics such as hot flushes, PMT (pathetic men's tension), equality issues, all the "ings" (cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, ironing, washing, baking, sowing, knitting, breeding, screening),

Evolution: Scandal! Sex-starved and still surviving. Is this the kind of anecdote you are after re breeding and females?

...Bdelloid rotifers reproduce entirely without males: females package a complete copy of their DNA into eggs that develop, sans fertilization, into the next generation. Asexual reproduction certainly isn't unheard of in the animal world: parasitic bacteria force some insects to reproduce without males and female sharks kept alone in captivity have surprised their keepers by giving birth to baby sharks...

Immunity and diversity might not sound like poetic reasons for having sex — you were expecting, perhaps, a paean to the joy of companionship and the thrill of two organisms in union? For the bdelloids, at least, it's hardly missed.

Yup it was sowing, as in reaping. I have never ironed, never washed my own clothes and never sewed although I have threaded a needle, just for the challenge, before handing it to the expert. I do, however, tie my own shoelaces, make the occasional cup of tea and sometimes put plates in to the dishwasher and know which buttons to push. I cook too - a significant "ing" - but have never mastered baking. My mother told me that I should never be a master baker. At least I think that's what she said. ;)

I'm guessing that you haven't listened to Woman's Hour much because your suggested topics have two factual failings.

1. They are too short. A genuine WH topic introduction would go on for some time and involve several sub clauses. In the most extreme examples they twist and turn in an attempt to throw you off the scent that what they are going to be discussing just before the book reading is going to be torpor inducing. The more Pythonesque the better.

2. They are far too direct. Marmalade yes/no, the many uses of Vaseline and how to make a meal for your family out of only bracken and the scrapings from their feet are all reasonably valid to at least nine people in the country. The very best WH article is relevant only to one person and they are usually a mate of the producer.

I'm guessing that you haven't listened to Woman's Hour much because your suggested topics have two factual failings.

1. They are too short. A genuine WH topic introduction would go on for some time and involve several sub clauses. In the most extreme examples they twist and turn in an attempt to throw you off the scent that what they are going to be discussing just before the book reading is going to be torpor inducing. The more Pythonesque the better.

2. They are far too direct. Marmalade yes/no, the many uses of Vaseline and how to make a meal for your family out of only bracken and the scrapings from their feet are all reasonably valid to at least nine people in the country. The very best WH article is relevant only to one person and they are usually a mate of the producer.

Of course if Women's Hour was run for and behalf of the DL much of the programme every week would need to be devoted to the problem of how to deal with stalkers. Whoops, wrong thread. I had hoped this one would have been ignored by the rascal, but no.

After starting this thread I find myself repeating Freud's oft quoted question: "What do women want?"

After starting this thread I find myself repeating Freud's oft quoted question: "What do women want?"

In my case, a pedicure, a full time car cleaning slavey and a lifetime supply of Blue Buffalo Lamb and Rice dog food.