Banshees Scream

UFOs, Space Aliens and the like

I find it odd that none of these things has ever crashed while trying to land. crashedufosmokingnx9.jpgWe are after all located in the boondocks galaxy-wise , a dark and lonely place to run out of fuel or to need emergency flying saucer parts.

Maybe they all have galaxy-side assistance.

OK, it's too hot to get my coat but I'll step outside.....

• Like 2

Catholic church - as in HQ in Rome - recently concluded there may be ET life. They don't seem so certain about whether it's ever visited Earth, mind.

Catholic church - as in HQ in Rome - recently concluded there may be ET life. They don't seem so certain about whether it's ever visited Earth, mind.

Er forgive me if I am wrong but surely they have always believed in ET life, ET being not of this Earth and the Heavens being er where one goes for eternal life.

I've said a few hail Maryports for good measure ;-)

• Haha 1

Indeed they have MC. They issued a statement a few days ago specific to the kind of ET life we debate here.

Speaking of which, is BS gonna return to this thread or has the thought of having to structure an argument driven him away?

Strange flying lights spotted above Liverpool.

Wirraliens?

What's really freaky is the almost perfectly circular white ring moving across the sky that shows up at around the 33 second mark.

What's the betting that intelligent life finally contacts us from beyond our solar system and then signs on for sick benefits?

Wirraliens?

What's really freaky is the almost perfectly circular white ring moving across the sky that shows up at around the 33 second mark.

Well it won't be able to get back. Five minutes after arriving the UFO will be up on bricks and I bet it'll have difficulties finding a garage with the right spare parts.

What's the betting that intelligent life finally contacts us from beyond our solar system and then signs on for sick benefits?

Wirraliens?

Chavlien

mdu0034l.jpg

Area 51, the Wirral, wherever......

Apologies, the image was tiny. Click here for an enlarged version

Maybe we're all - like - part of some huge living thing.

I can go with this, and agree with the science, more readily than I can accept the usual pontifications in The Sun this week supported by a few light in the sky sightings and the predictable blatherings of Nick Pope.

Meanwhile, at Roswell.

Wow! If verified, this would seem to establish that our extra-terrestrial friends are no closer than we are to the art of effective logo-design.

Alternatively, it could be a misshapen bit of deer poo.

Meanwhile, at Roswell.

Wow! If verified, this would seem to establish that our extra-terrestrial friends are no closer than we are to the art of effective logo-design.

Obviously it's the alen version of a stick of Blackpool* Rock. If they split it, I bet the alien lettering goes all the way through. Is there a pier in Roswell?

* Insert seaside town name of your choice.

Meanwhile, at Roswell.

Obviously it's the alen version of a stick of Blackpool* Rock. If they split it, I bet the alien lettering goes all the way through. Is there a pier in Roswell?

* Insert seaside town name of your choice.

A pier? No. Lots of desert, no pier.

So Apollo 14 Astronaut Ed Mitchell claims that its all true, we are being visited and ET is real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...d-60-years.html

NASA doesnt share his opinion, however.

If you read Moondust - a book discussed elsewhere on this site - you'll note that Mitchell's mystical qualities have been received with mixed reactions by his former colleagues. He's also a painter, guru type figure and all round new age superstar, albeit an old age new ager these days.

Some other astronauts have reported sightings, the best of which probably comes from Deke Slayton who tried without success to chase a large object in his piston engined fighter. In all probability Deke was chasing one of the Project Mogul style experiments using a weather balloon but it's significant that NASA and the USAF didn't gag him when it came to discussing his experience. He's appeared on a number of shows and videos.

So Apollo 14 Astronaut Ed Mitchell claims that its all true, we are being visited and ET is real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...d-60-years.html

NASA doesnt share his opinion, however.

What the article neglects to mention was that during his record-setting 9 hour moon walk he forgot to wear his hat.

Dumbass.

Comparing (what was) a blue patch on the lander in a photo taken back on Earth, under what I presume was artificial (blue/white) lighting, and the same patch on Mars under a red sky would obviously produce different results. If the original was photographed under a red-light then it would look significantly different. I find it laughable that someone has taken the time and effort to produce web site to highlight their own flawed knowledge of the properties of light and the photographic process.

I'm waiting for them to put up a web site claiming photographers fake all their sunset photos. I mean, everyone knows the sky is blue, not red/orange. I've got a photo I took on the beach at midday that the proves it and that the sand is a whitish yellow, yet someone must have tampered with the one I took at sunset because the sky is a different colour and the sand is orange/red. If I was a moron I'd claim it was a conspiracy and set up a site to tell the world.

Comparing (what was) a blue patch on the lander in a photo taken back on Earth, under what I presume was artificial (blue/white) lighting, and the same patch on Mars under a red sky would obviously produce different results. If the original was photographed under a red-light then it would look significantly different. I find it laughable that someone has taken the time and effort to produce web site to highlight their own flawed knowledge of the properties of light and the photographic process.

I'm waiting for them to put up a web site claiming photographers fake all their sunset photos. I mean, everyone knows the sky is blue, not red/orange. I've got a photo I took on the beach at midday that the proves it and that the sand is a whitish yellow, yet someone must have tampered with the one I took at sunset because the sky is a different colour and the sand is orange/red. If I was a moron I'd claim it was a conspiracy and set up a site to tell the world.

Thanks Honez, the same thing occured to me. I was going to post something similar and you've saved me the effort. In the words of me old mate Dave, "If you haven't got it, don't flaunt it."

Idiots. :(

Apparently, scientists have been trying to make contact with aliens for 150 years.

In space, no one can hear you...

On the subject of colossal wastes of time and money, any news on when the Large Hardon Collider is springing back into action? I kinda miss the LHC and the faux panic it almost caused.

• Haha 1

On the subject of colossal wastes of time and money, any news on when the Large Hardon Collider is springing back into action? I kinda miss the LHC and the faux panic it almost caused.

July 2009, CR. In the meantime, they're pouring the millions they're not spending into a holding account at the Nation Bank of Nigeria. I believe someone will be contacting you via email shortly, to arrange a funds transfer.

I had a serious, early morning moment of existential angst about where to put this - it was terrible. Coffee helped.

Anyway, my cousin died last week and I'm going to his funeral. Despite your knee jerk reaction that I should have put this in whatever death in the family thread there is now, the fact is I'm going to Roswell, NM.

I'll report in when I return on Friday, unless the anal probe reaches too far up and I can't type anymore.

• Like 1