Banshees Scream

UFOs, Space Aliens and the like

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Report is upcoming, some things have already leaked:

It can't be proven that it's aliens, nor that it's not aliens:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/politics/ufos-sighting-alien-spacecraft-pentagon.html

Hmm, here's something without paywall:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/03/politics/intelligence-officials-navy-pilot-ufo-encounters/index.html

They're Chinese drones. A leading researcher into anti gravity technology (Ning Li) defected to the Chinese in the early 2000s. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, the_engineer said:

They're Chinese drones. A leading researcher into anti gravity technology (Ning Li) defected to the Chinese in the early 2000s. 

Well, maybe 

Or they're what the Meta-bunk site believes which is a series of random things that look similar on video (including camera anomalies and an out of focus shot of the engines of a jet heading away in the distance). 

One thing about the current - apparently amazing - footage and some historic reports of fleets of UFOs over Washington (1952) is that both coincide with those in charge of America's defence budget having very serious concerns the opposition were edging ahead of America as the greatest military power on Earth, and thinking some evidence presented to the American people of what appeared to be a threat beyond their understanding might just focus political will on investing massive amounts of money into developing military technology.  

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, maybe 

Or they're what the Meta-bunk site believes which is a series of random things that look similar on video (including camera anomalies and an out of focus shot of the engines of a jet heading away in the distance). 

One thing about the current - apparently amazing - footage and some historic reports of fleets of UFOs over Washington (1952) is that both coincide with those in charge of America's defence budget having very serious concerns the opposition were edging ahead of America as the greatest military power on Earth, and thinking some evidence presented to the American people of what appeared to be a threat beyond their understanding might just focus political will on investing massive amounts of money into developing military technology.  

Out of all the conspiracies I believe, Aliens from zeta reticuli or our local galaxy is the one I believe the least and it's the least plausible answer to this UAP phenomenon.

Ultraterrestrials are slightly more plausible , beings from other dimensions or other alternative earth's etc. 

Because I'm religious ( I understand not all are and this is a little out there) the aliens are demons hypothesis is more plausible, witchcraft opening dimensions and summoning demonic entities.See aleister crowley's drawing of demonic entity he summoned.

The most obvious and down to earth (no pun intended) for me though is either your explanation or mine . Though it only takes one time or one encounter out of 1000s being right to change the whole arguement.

6 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Out of all the conspiracies I believe, Aliens from zeta reticuli or our local galaxy is the one I believe the least and it's the least plausible answer to this UAP phenomenon.

Ultraterrestrials are slightly more plausible , beings from other dimensions or other alternative earth's etc. 

Because I'm religious ( I understand not all are and this is a little out there) the aliens are demons hypothesis is more plausible, witchcraft opening dimensions and summoning demonic entities.See aleister crowley's drawing of demonic entity he summoned.

The most obvious and down to earth (no pun intended) for me though is either your explanation or mine . Though it only takes one time or one encounter out of 1000s being right to change the whole arguement.

There is something like 10 septillion planets out there (a trillion *squared*, a number with 24 zeroes after it!) and of those, they think there's about 500 MILLION planets in our small sector of the universe capable of supporting life. As Carl Sagan put it, you'd have to be very arrogant to outright state there is no life elsewhere in the universe without proof with those numbers! James Burke (cool guy, very DL worthy in my book) once said he thought we'd have interstellar travel but we were as close to it now as Canute was to colour TV!

Crowleys last words were "I am perplexed", which are some of the better ones on record tbh. 

So you're telling me we only discovered gravitational waves a few years ago, but the Chinese had advanced enough anti-gravity high-speed drones with no exhaust in the mid 2000s?

I've always though it was ridiculous to just say aliens don't exist. I think our perception of what aliens might be is however flawed. Think of how many species of life we know of on our own planet. How many of those species are intelligent? Us. That's it. 

• Like 1

It's not that I don't believe in any form of aliens, I'm sure there's aliens even microbial but not that they're visiting us in space ships and travelling 100s of light years. Now if they're using wormholes then they fall into ultraterrestrial category. 

US government has known since the late 80s that gravitational waves existed. Bob Lazar and Ning li both saying gravity is a wave and Ning li using that as a given in her work . She disappeared off the map in the early 2000s with most saying she defected  to china. With unlimited money, 1000s of other scientists and nearly 20 years to work on it yes I do believe china could build anti gravity drones. 

Another interesting theory is they're maintenance drones for the simulation we live in :sherlock:

• Haha 1

The Congressional report is supposed to come out before June 25th, so within the next week. Still, more stuff gets leaked.

“Clearly, something’s going on that we can’t handle,” Tim Burchett, a Republican congressman from Tennessee, told TMZ.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/17/ufos-us-report-national-security-concerns

• Thanks 1

On 18/06/2021 at 07:58, gcreptile said:

The Congressional report is supposed to come out before June 25th, so within the next week. Still, more stuff gets leaked.

“Clearly, something’s going on that we can’t handle,” Tim Burchett, a Republican congressman from Tennessee, told TMZ.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/17/ufos-us-report-national-security-concerns

Aye, but...don't hold yer breath for the unknown stuff being owt alien. A general round up of where we're at and where we're likely to be is here: 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/21/its-going-to-come-as-a-big-shock-ufo-experts-await-pentagon-report?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other&fbclid=IwAR2QY87R6LJMH59iS3STAHW4paabLqiY3tWwY4vzzD4ifVhEk7-VHey2fAI

Here's the report now (the unclassified stuff):

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf

Out of 144 sightings in the past 17 years, one could be explained as a balloon, the rest remains unidentified. The objects are most likely physical, i.e. no light effects or whatever. The strange movements remain to be explained, could be sensor misreadings or misperception.

An alien origin isn't mentioned explicitly in this, as far as I can see. There's just an "other" catch-all bin.

It's pretty much what had been leaked before. I'm not disappointed at all, and actually think, that this is quite a step forward. 

They're pulling out of Afghanistan, there's a trillions of dollars defence industry / arms manufacturing gravy train to maintain.

They release this now?

Co-incidence? I think not.

18 minutes ago, En Passant said:

They're pulling out of Afghanistan, there's a trillions of dollars defence industry / arms manufacturing gravy train to maintain.

They release this now?

Co-incidence? I think not.

The release was scheduled. It was one of Trump's parting "gifts" to ask Congress to deliver this report.

Besides, the people who would get less money through foreign deployment, are not the same people who would profit from more R&D in new technology.

Am I the only one who looks at "who" wrote something and factors that in when determining whether a comment is serious or not?

Sometimes I fear so.

• Haha 1

On 05/06/2021 at 01:38, Banana said:

So you're telling me we only discovered gravitational waves a few years ago, but the Chinese had advanced enough anti-gravity high-speed drones with no exhaust in the mid 2000s?

I've always though it was ridiculous to just say aliens don't exist. I think our perception of what aliens might be is however flawed. Think of how many species of life we know of on our own planet. How many of those species are intelligent? Us. That's it. 

Depends on how you define intelligence...

Just because other mammals and fauna on this planet can't post on here doesn't mean they are not intelligent.

The sheer distances required to travel, would most probably rule out extraterrestrial origins. A lot of the footage of these 'ufos' tend to be explained as optical tricks - shooting a video of a moving object from a moving object can make things look like they are behaving in a unusual way. 

The work of Seti, and the Drake equation is the search for extraterrestrial life that is as technologically advanced as we think we are. If said life hasn't wiped themselves out. And with advances in technology we apparently are sending out less signals than we used to, unless it's a directed one. And the recipient has to be able to pick it up after traveling a long distance and time.

14 minutes ago, MrSpud42 said:

Just because other mammals and fauna on this planet can't post on here doesn't mean they are not intelligent.

Conversely an ability to post here does not mean there is intelligence at work. This has been proven many times over the years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The report is probably more honest about the levels of uncertainty than previous reports have been - years back Project Sign and Project Grudge were more openly scathing. It's also worth noting that the cases studied in the report published yesterday are recent and military. There's a long history of the US testing its own secret projects against its own military capability. Radar reports in the early 60s tracked objects moving faster than any known aircraft and those on the inside of the Blackbird project were pleased when they did. A UFO than vanished from a radar screen in 1976 was an early prototype for the Stealth aircraft etc. So it's possible some of the more spectacular film from inside fighter aircraft cockpits is actually secret military drones in flight. Also, the meta-bunk site has done a good demolition job on the more fanciful claims about the best known clips. And yeah, if the potential threats move that fast and turn that rapidly, doubtless there are loads in the US military who'd appreciate some extra funding. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

The report is probably more honest about the levels of uncertainty than previous reports have been - years back Project Sign and Project Grudge were more openly scathing. It's also worth noting that the cases studied in the report published yesterday are recent and military. There's a long history of the US testing its own secret projects against its own military capability. Radar reports in the early 60s tracked objects moving faster than any known aircraft and those on the inside of the Blackbird project were pleased when they did. A UFO than vanished from a radar screen in 1976 was an early prototype for the Stealth aircraft etc. So it's possible some of the more spectacular film from inside fighter aircraft cockpits is actually secret military drones in flight. Also, the meta-bunk site has done a good demolition job on the more fanciful claims about the best known clips. And yeah, if the potential threats move that fast and turn that rapidly, doubtless there are loads in the US military who'd appreciate some extra funding. 

The book is winging its way to me.

It will be a good read!

29 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The book is winging its way to me.

It will be a good read!

Ah cheers my man, we tried getting it to hover enigmatically and drop out of the sky into readers' homes but in the end Amazon delivery, bookshops and the Royal Mail proved a bit more reliable

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Ah cheers my man, we tried getting it to hover enigmatically and drop out of the sky into readers' homes but in the end Amazon delivery, bookshops and the Royal Mail proved a bit more reliable

It arrived 20 mins ago.:D

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MrSpud42 said:

That's exactly what it means actually

So, respect where it's due here. David Clarke a genuine researcher/journalist in the field, has tracked down a copy of an embargoed photograph and the story's all over the Daily Mail today (in another seldom seen event I actually went out and bought a copy of that paper). A few of us for years have suspected the 32 year old photograph shows a classified US spy aircraft. Its shape predicting the current generation of drones, though current examples are smaller because the equipment they need to house has come on massively as computer technology has improved. Clarke suggests it's the oft reported "Aurora" project, much discussed in UFO literature around 1990, which seems a good call to me.

298764947_8200005356684205_8171903853762

298951543_8200005770017497_7219950574962

• Like 3

Top Brazilian ufologist A J Gev:axe:eard (s'cuse the graphic but I'm thinking him low profile to the point of ranter fire possibilities) - in a dire state, too late for advent avalance and 2023 chances miniscule

1280px-AJGevaerd_at_CPBR6.JPG

Update - just heard, he died

• Like 1

Oh look! A bookable live talk on UFOs with a free book, coffee shop open, Q&A after the interval and background music from a playlist of UFO related sounds personally selected by the author. I wish someone would post a link where you could buy tickets for this stunning event on Thursday 9 February in Rochester High Street. Wait a minute, it's....here: https://www.store104.co.uk/blogs/events/ufos-aliens-and-the-battle-for-the-truth-an-evening-with-author-neil-nixon?fbclid=IwAR3fYyVZEzO5n0y6POPQW_YVPfWOZcO0hk55rJgUBX8thjKDdqWV2upvxT4

319277982_10158519706425981_773675726189

• Like 3